The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Figgy1

Heard about this tonight on the local news report. Part of the alert indicated that the bacteria (or whatever it was) was strong--and suggested that people who had any romaine in their fridges throw it out--AND to also clean down the vegetable bins and racks in the frig.

Never heard of that before--must be really bad. MA was one of the states affected. Heard some people (not sure which states) ended up hospitalized. Yikes.
I haven't had any in my fridge for a week or 2 but washed down that area with bleach just in case.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Some stuff I am planning are baked cauliflower hash browns, baked hushpuppies, brown rice stuffing, mushroom gravy, apple and cherry hand pies, and chocolate muffins.
@figmentfan423 , I had dh buy turnips at Wegman’s yesterday, and he also brought home purple sweet potatoes. I was thinking of turnip mashed potatoes or a root veggie “gratin” . Never tried purple ones before. Do they taste like the orange?

Well at least now we know what you're making for Thanksgiving--I had asked you the other day what you were making, and I assumed you were going to a rellie's house, since no response. But I can see that you've been busy already!! :happy: P.S.: Those pies sound yummy! :hungry:

MySmallWorldof4

Well, I came down with a cold overnight, but I'm not feeling too bad. That might change....I have to pick up DS and we have to walk home and drop my bike off at the repair shop on the way...it's going to be about a 5 mile trek, in the cold, so we'll see. But no, not really celebrating Thanksgiving. I forgot to set my availability in time, so by the time I realized Thanksgiving was coming up, the deadline had passed and I have to work. They also said no one can have Friday off because we're doing a black Friday sale. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Ugh that stinks! On top of a cold you have to walk 5 miles to school? Is that each way? Or is it 2.5 miles one way. Either way it sucks. It takes me 20 minutes to walk 1 mile on a treadmill. How long of a walk to ds’s school? The tire cannot just be pumped with air? It has a puncture?

Figgy1

So, @figmentfan423 , I'm just trying to envision a few cooks in the kitchen, for the portable Thanksgiving feast. I mean quite a few things will need to be heated up, etc., and you won't be in your own home to do that. So take a deep breath before you arrive there, and just sort of go with the flow. The meal will come out just fine, no matter what. :)
It's a good sized kitchen and you'd be amazed at how a bunch of crock pots can solve people bumping into each other;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well, I came down with a cold overnight, but I'm not feeling too bad. That might change....I have to pick up DS and we have to walk home and drop my bike off at the repair shop on the way...it's going to be about a 5 mile trek, in the cold, so we'll see. But no, not really celebrating Thanksgiving. I forgot to set my availability in time, so by the time I realized Thanksgiving was coming up, the deadline had passed and I have to work. They also said no one can have Friday off because we're doing a black Friday sale. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well,and not being able to take off Friday is a bummer all around. Hope you can get in some rest in the next day or two, and feel better.

MySmallWorldof4

Hmm. Unfamiliar with that company name?

But let me tell you, since last weekend, that's all I'm seeing on TV--Black Friday commercials for all kinds of businesses, from cars to widgets.

Saw something interesting on the early AM news this morning, suggesting people take advantage of the Black Friday specials because there may not be nearly as good markdowns prior to Christmas. The reason is that the Chinese tariffs are kicking in and manufacturers/stores will not be discounting as much as in previous years.
Good to know. Cyber Monday is usually good as well. I did notice that the mugs I bought from Disney recently were made in Thailand and not China. Thought that was interesting.

Figgy1

HOLD YOUR BUTTS FRIENDS!

A company in Vancouver is REALLY interested in hiring me and they said they are open to international workers..

I think this is it gentlemen!!!!

Going to see if they accept me with my cochlear implant and hearing difficulties as well.
I hope for online interview tomorrow :O
Holding my tushie while cooking is a very bad idea but the best of luck to you, in my head I'm crossing every part of my body that can be and sending buckets of pixie dust

MySmallWorldof4

Well at least now we know what you're making for Thanksgiving--I had asked you the other day what you were making, and I assumed you were going to a rellie's house, since no response. But I can see that you've been busy already!! :happy: P.S.: Those pies sound yummy! :hungry:
Sorry, I must have missed that post or I would have responded. I will say that there also will be turkey, regular mash, regular bread stuffing, and pasta of some sort. I won’t be eating any of that though. And no salads apparently. I certainly hope those hand pies are good. I had to buy pecans to use in the dough. They were expensive. :eek:

Figgy1

Ugh that stinks! On top of a cold you have to walk 5 miles to school? Is that each way? Or is it 2.5 miles one way. Either way it sucks. It takes me 20 minutes to walk 1 mile on a treadmill. How long of a walk to ds’s school? The tire cannot just be pumped with air? It has a puncture?
Leslie Sansone has a few dvds which knock the time down to 12 minutes per mile;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sorry, I must have missed that post or I would have responded. I will say that there also will be turkey, regular mash, regular bread stuffing, and pasta of some sort. I won’t be eating any of that though. And no salads apparently. I certainly hope those hand pies are good. I had to buy pecans to use in the dough. They were expensive. :eek:

OMG--pecans in the dough?! :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: That sounds delicious!!!

And, just my own observation about food prices around Thanksgiving (with the exception of turkey), they all seem to be a bit higher--the grocery stores are making hay while the sun is shining, I guess. ;)

Figgy1

Sympathy like I'd bring you some of my lettuce if you were closer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom