The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

It's one of those days. The power went out and I woke up shivering, I went looking for Thanksgiving nail designs and every one I saw looked like a candy cane, it's windy, not going to get much above freezing and I can't put off food shopping:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I'm either going to be found locked in my bathroom with Basin and wine or in Florida tonight;)

Rista1313

As you may recall last year my husband couldn’t put up his outside Christmas decorations because of a broken ankle, but this year he is able to put them up. Here are a couple quick pictures from the light test tonight. There are a few more decorations on the side and back of the house. It was just a quick test they will be not be on again until after Thanksgiving.

View attachment 326493View attachment 326494View attachment 326495View attachment 326496View attachment 326497

Good Job Brad! I love all the vintage figures!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
How do you get there in bad weather? Don't you use public transportation? Over here, that's the first thing to shut down.

Public transport in the city and surrounding areas is a priority. In very bad weather, they may have to reduce the frequency of some trains and put some of the buses on alternate snow routes (avoiding streets with large hills, for example), but the system still runs.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We went to Sky Zone during their homeschool hours and were the only ones there. Youngest did her first back handspring on her own. Then she proceeded to do her first round-off back hansdpring. Sent the video to her coach. She was thrilled. She’s been working at it for months.

Good news for her! :happy: I could never do a back handspring. And if you wanted a laugh, you should have seen me attempt to do a cartwheel. :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
On a Thanksgiving note...

The company DWifey works for sent all their employees home with a 20lb. turkey and all the fixins’ yesterday.
And, the Salvation Army Major showed up today at DSs job...all employees were given 12lb. turkeys, a box of stuffing, 2 cans of green beans, and 2 boxes of Mac ‘N Cheese...
The world really isn’t so bad after all...!!!!! :happy:

Although, I’ve never really been down on it too much anyway, as I know the stories my folks have told me about their parents and grandparents had the world goin’ to hell in a flamin’ handbasket back in the 40’s...
The world has been goin’ to hell (according to many in every generation) since the beginning of time... :cyclops:
I just try to, mostly ;), look for the good, and not be dragged down into the misery pile by others...!!!!! :happy:

Can I tell you how much I LOVE this post? So much of the "good" in this world is not even seen, because it takes place on smaller, local venues. I belong to a local environmental group, and one of the activities during the holiday season is a donation drive to provide Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, to local families in need. Two thousand dollars was raised, and that's a lot of turkey dinners, and smiles to families that will now have a nice holiday--and it won't cost them a penny. World goin to hell? Not in my community . . ..

MinnieM123

Premium Member
As you may recall last year my husband couldn’t put up his outside Christmas decorations because of a broken ankle, but this year he is able to put them up. Here are a couple quick pictures from the light test tonight. There are a few more decorations on the side and back of the house. It was just a quick test they will be not be on again until after Thanksgiving.

View attachment 326493View attachment 326494View attachment 326495View attachment 326496View attachment 326497

Oh, how cute is that?! :happy: And I like how there is a mix of both nativity and Santa/reindeer/Christmas tree lights, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom