The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Gorgeous! No winter stuff here yet. Wish I could put my head into this picture like in a Pensieve (Harry Potter reference for those who don't know). Fantastic Beasts comes out tonight! Hoping to see it tomorrow or Saturday.
Good luck I hope your roads are nice and clean by then. We're not sure when we're going. The plan was to go Sunday morning but with Thanksgiving up in the air I'm going to have to shop and cook. Just keeping my fingers the boys get to enjoy their favorite holiday.

StarWarsGirl

Sometimes, people react differently from what we expect. My own boss is very high maintenance (in certain areas). Since I can "read" that emotion (from the person who authorizes my pay every week), I just brush off whatever help document has been given, and I do an in-person help session. That always works.

There are some people that need someone to hold their hand in specific situations--even some otherwise highly qualified, professionals in their field. I'm always cautious with sr. management in particular, and don't want it to come back on me that I wasn't being helpful with a problem (when I know quite well that they are certainly able to fix the issue themselves). But that's not the point . . . ;)
Which I would gladly offer an in-person help session if it were just that he didn't understand the document, but he outright said he usually does it for himself. My coworker, when she used to do purchase reqs, used to check the status and email approvers for requestors, and when I came onboard, my boss and I agreed that was going to stop when I took over. He wanted me to email the next approver in the chain for him. That's the work equivalent of when my brother wants me to tie his shoes for him.

Cesar R M

If you like them so much you can feed them;)
53WvnoP.gif

21stamps

soccer drama update... the kid’s mom just sent this to me.

This was from the Director -
68EF3A0B-9CB1-46A1-94A1-E5443DC8C75A.jpeg

They admitted the rules!!! This could have been handled so much better. They could have pulled the families aside during the season. I do think some of the other boys were struggling at this level, but not this specific one!
His parents are so sweet, not crazy soccer parents at all.. just confused over the blindside. I’m not sure what they’re going to do.. sounds like she’s going to reach out to the coach. I hope she keeps him on the team, even if T loses some playing time over it. Bottom line, the team shouldn’t have been put in this position. Who knows how large our final roster will be now.

B74D1153-0306-4129-B1EA-08B82169B11B.jpeg

StarWarsGirl

Speaking of IT. I think that I mentioned having some computer problems, but, I don't think I told you that I decided to install Malewarebytes to see if that would help. So on Saturday I went to the website and attempted to download the "paid" version of the system. It got me through everything but every time I attempted to download it I got an error message. So I e-mailed them telling them that I needed help to install it. On Tuesday, I finally received the reply from a fellow named Adam. After reading my problems and sending me different links that also failed he finally asked to get access to my computer so he could help. I gave it to him and even he could not get it to download. He then asked for my phone number to see if he could walk it through with me. I have one stubborn computer. We eventually had to create another user to even get into safe mode.

To make a long story shorter, the man stayed on the phone with me for 2 1/2 hours, called in a number of associates and the boss to see if anyone could figure out why. It finally after countless attempts and his saying, let's try this, got it to download. He ran the scan and it picked up on 518 threats, eliminated them and I now have a computer that runs like new. It cost me $42.00 for the program, but, I was looking down the barrel of having to buy a new computer. I have nothing but praise for Malwarebytes at this point. BTW, in case anyone is depending on Windows Defense to catch problems, the most they ever found after multiple scans were 3 threats. Adam had the patience of a saint and the worse word he uttered was "darn". I told him that if nothing else I gave him a challenge. He replied that, yes, it was good and he was getting a little bored on the job, but, not anymore! :happy:
Glad you were able to get help. I personally have yet to find an antivirus program that I like as of yet. They mostly slow down my computer too much for me to tolerate them. Then again, my parents had one of those ransomware viruses and I was able to get it off. So...

Windows Defender picking up anything would have set off alarm bells for me.

Songbird76

Sorry Dd called and interrupted me. I meant to say what can I put in the chili. Believe me we both went through lots of milk the other night! I think the chili’s I put in were extra spicy!
I've heard of people adding a bit of chocolate to chili. I know chocolate can reduce the heat a bit. But I have no idea how much you would need to add.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom