The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Youth sports is becoming a joke.

I have spent the last 2 days debating and pleading with T’s school’s athletic club.. I have emailed about 6 people in Ohio Youth SAY Soccer.. and I have sent quite a few emails to YSSF.

I’m so angry I can’t even see straight. T is one of THREE boys who will need to REPEAT a year of “Passers” instead of moving up to “Wings”

What the means? He will be playing with 1st and 2nd graders.. while he’s in the THIRD GRADE.

I wasn’t smart enough to lie about his birthday as a few other parents did. I’m SO ANGRY. THE ENTIRE POINT OF PLAYING SPORTS WITH YOUR SCHOOL IS TO PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS.

S.A.Y is going to harm youth soccer with this. Let the club teams do it, fine, I agree with it on “select”/competitive teams..but let the schools (SAY) still play by grade. They’re going to end up pushing more kids to club soccer, and worse- potentially lose kids from soccer altogether.

SO STUPID.

Sorry for the rant.

Oh, and I think my entire athletic club, parents who I know and some who are friends.. probably all hate me now. Hopefully they won’t take it out on T, and hopefully they will forgive me for being so pssed off. :(

Oh my. Haven't a clue how you can sort through all that. Why can't they let kids be kids, and have fun playing with their pals without so much pressure, being put on them? I don't blame you for being frustrated.

As a diversion and to cheer you up a little, here is a pretty picture of the monorail at the Flower and Garden Festival, that I took 2 days ago -- :)

040.JPG

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

21stamps

In my humble opinion.. You shouldnthave taken the post down, its obvious that its starting to worry them. They know the power of mass media .

And a lot of companies only do good things when it start to hit them in the wallet.
That is so strange it is by birth year, it should be by grade level. That makes sense to keep Kids that already have a bond together. And I agree with @Cesar R M you should have kept the post up, from the response you got from them they probably now realize it is a stupid change and don’t want it advertised.

It’s a national rule now, i was under the impression that individual leagues could opt out though... still waiting for confirmation on that.

I’m so saddened by it. Elementary School sports are a huge part of bonding for classmates. To this day my closest lifelong friends are the classmates that I played school sports with. I hate that someone decided to take that away from children today.

The excuse/reason is- “It’s what European soccer does”.

Who cares??? We’re talking about school S.A.Y. Soccer, not Premier soccer clubs.
The soccer clubs are divided by individual birth year.. Now schools are grouped into 2 birth year increments.

The real reason is clear.. punish many for the actions of a few idiots who hold their kid’s back in school so they can excel against their peers in sports. That is a problem, but this wasn’t the answer.

Last edited:

21stamps

Oh my. Haven't a clue how you can sort through all that. Why can't they let kids be kids, and have fun playing with their pals without so much pressure, being put on them? I don't blame you for being frustrated.

As a diversion and to cheer you up a little, here is a pretty picture of the monorail at the Flower and Garden Festival, that I took 2 days ago -- :)

View attachment 286108

Beautiful!!! I would have rather been there than arguing with other parents.lol Thanks for the diversion! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Youth sports is becoming a joke.

I have spent the last 2 days debating and pleading with T’s school’s athletic club.. I have emailed about 6 people in Ohio Youth SAY Soccer.. and I have sent quite a few emails to YSSF.

I’m so angry I can’t even see straight. T is one of THREE boys who will need to REPEAT a year of “Passers” instead of moving up to “Wings”

What the means? He will be playing with 1st and 2nd graders.. while he’s in the THIRD GRADE.

I wasn’t smart enough to lie about his birthday as a few other parents did. I’m SO ANGRY. THE ENTIRE POINT OF PLAYING SPORTS WITH YOUR SCHOOL IS TO PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS.

S.A.Y is going to harm youth soccer with this. Let the club teams do it, fine, I agree with it on “select”/competitive teams..but let the schools (SAY) still play by grade. They’re going to end up pushing more kids to club soccer, and worse- potentially lose kids from soccer altogether.

SO STUPID.

Sorry for the rant.

Oh, and I think my entire athletic club, parents who I know and some who are friends.. probably all hate me now. Hopefully they won’t take it out on T, and hopefully they will forgive me for being so pssed off. :(
Rant away that stinks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom