The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Hi there!! I thought of you this week when I was at WDW. (Don't know if you're back home yet, as I'm just trying to catch up on threads now.)

Two thoughts:

1. Fastpass -- Sometimes helpful, but quite often, attractions break down. I feel bad for people who plan carefully and around their fastpass selections, only to have a ride/show down. Very frustrating--especially if you're with a group. While I was down there (solo) this week, EE was down, Spaceship Earth was down and Test Track was down--and those are just the only ones I happened to notice. at the time. Didn't have fastpass so no big deal, but it was aggravating to many. The only 2 fastpasses I used were for Peter Pan in MK, and Frozen over in EPCOT. (@StarWarsGirl , I finally saw Frozen -- cute, but not spectacular. I'd never wait 80 minutes in a standby for it--which was the time posted.)

2. Pandora -- Bus got there at 7:20 AM (as you know, early opening for park guests--I was at the Swan). After security, card verification and a quick stop at the restroom, I bolted over there and the long queue moved quickly. Inside the building, there were 2 longer lines (looked about 40 people at that point in each) and a SINGLE line!! Woo hoo!!! Within 3 minutes from there, I was on the ride!! AMAZING ride!! Loved it!!! When the ride was over, it was 8:20 AM. So I think that was great timing. Later that day, I heard a woman say that the standby was 3 hours and 40 minutes??!! Good lord, who would wait that long for anything??!! :jawdrop::jawdrop:
Yup, I love Frozen, and the audioanamatronics are amazing, but I definitely wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for it.

The nice thing about FP is if the ride does go down, it emails you, and the FP becomes, as my mother says, an "anything" FP. Basically, it's good for attractions in a similar category or lower in that same park. So for instance, if TT goes down, you can use the FP for Soarin'. There's only a few things they aren't good for: 7DMT and Peter Pan in MK, Frozen in Epcot, TSM in DHS, and the Pandora attractions in AK.

StarWarsGirl

No . . . :( Had to get rid of my old phone when it broke, and the phone company said they didn't make those anymore. So they gave us a stupid Apple thing that I can't understand, of course, Basically I only use it to call hubs, and for the bus and train app to see how long they get delayed (every day going to work . . .). ;)

But it has a camera thingie, and I could take pictures. I don't understand this part, but hubs says he has to put an itunes app or whatever on it so somehow I can get the pictures to the computer. I miss normal cameras, but there's not many places that develop film anymore, and the ones that do, take about 10 days. :banghead:
Oh Minnie. 😂 So much that could be said to this one...I'm just here restraining myself, you realize...

FutureCEO

I noticed in Florida that people only go in pools if it's extremely hot out. On Tuesday morning around 8:00 AM, I went to (one of the 3 pools at Swan/Dolphin) and I was the only one swimming. It was overcast with some fairly dark clouds, but there was a nice breeze (maybe about 70ish that morning), and I couldn't understand why I was the only one in the pool? :confused:
The past few days, I have been in the pool before 8. Today was a run day so I got the pool to myself til I left

FutureCEO

Animal Kingdom was yesterday. I wasn’t impressed with Avatar during the day. At night, it was a lot better. I only went on Flight of Passage. Couldn’t they make a smaller line rather than one a mile long. They could have made the other ride a longer ride or another one. Anyway, I used a fastpass for it. Lame preshow but amazing ride.

93boomer

Premium Member
Animal Kingdom was yesterday. I wasn’t impressed with Avatar during the day. At night, it was a lot better. I only went on Flight of Passage. Couldn’t they make a smaller line rather than one a mile long. They could have made the other ride a longer ride or another one. Anyway, I used a fastpass for it. Lame preshow but amazing ride.
Glad you got on it. We couldn’t take the long lines.

Cesar R M

No . . . :( Had to get rid of my old phone when it broke, and the phone company said they didn't make those anymore.

So they gave us a stupid Apple thing that I can't understand,
But it has a camera thingie, and I could take pictures. I don't understand this part, but hubs says he has to put an itunes app or whatever on it so somehow I can get the pictures to the computer. I miss normal cameras, but there's not many places that develop film anymore, and the ones that do, take about 10 days. :banghead:

Good lord.. time to update yourself Miss!!!
Its 2018, not the 80's!

Goofyernmost

No . . . :( Had to get rid of my old phone when it broke, and the phone company said they didn't make those anymore. So they gave us a stupid Apple thing that I can't understand, of course, Basically I only use it to call hubs, and for the bus and train app to see how long they get delayed (every day going to work . . .). ;)

Leap out of the Ice Age and into the 21st Century... phones take better pictures then any camera ever did. Allow yourself to love it.

It's funny though how much technology changes us. This morning as I was pulling into the golf course it occurred to me that I had forgotten my phone at home. I was instantly lost! No cell phone, what if someone is trying to get in touch with me? No one ever does, but, I was sure that this was the one time that they would try. After around 60 years of never even having a phone on me at all, all of a sudden I couldn't figure out how I would survive without one. I talked myself into relaxing and sure enough, when I got home, I had two notices to play Trivia Crack and a million messages asking for money to support some cause or the other. If you are wondering... I did survive!

StarWarsGirl

In other news...

I'm now on summer hours. Half day Fridays for me. :happy:

Also, my brother is one lucky kid. I had plans to take him to see Solo at 3 today. I was going to pick him up from school and just take him along.

Then, a police officer was killed in the line of duty this week. It was horrible; she was only 29. But I digress.

Her funeral was today, and my brother's school is right nearby where the processional was scheduled. Picking him up at dismissal was not happening.

So my parents were like, "Whelp, just go get him early." So he got picked up early, taken out to lunch, and now we're waiting for it to start. Instead of being in school.

And then there was a kid in the office when I was waiting for my brother arguing with a secretary. I thought to myself, "Boy, I do not miss this place."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom