The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Eric1955

Special liquor infused strawberries.
chocolate+covered+strawberries+030.JPG

chocolate+covered+strawberries+033.JPG

chocolate+covered+strawberries+039.JPG

I could totally go for this. In moderation of course :angelic:

StarWarsGirl

My mom was the only one of her three sisters to be born in Canada, but spent her childhood in England.
I have lots of family there, but have yet to visit.

My last name is British and supposedly my family on my father's side came from England. Not sure how far back that was though. I don't know much about my family on my father's side.
I feel so uncultured around all of you...

Parents: American
Grandparents: American
Great Grandparents: one Native American and the rest...American.

MOXOMUMD

He did the best he could to provide for all of you, with the money he had to spend. That's what matters, and I'm sure all four of you turned out fine.
I'm thinking we did. One of us is an activities coodinator for a senior assisted living complex, one is a manager for a major entertainment venue, one is a manager for a government contractor and I've been in the restaurant business for almost thirty years. :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I feel so uncultured around all of you...

Parents: American
Grandparents: American
Great Grandparents: one Native American and the rest...American.
My dad was born in Germany, after the war, in an old internment camp.
My Dida had been captured as a POW - Ukrainian, fighting for the Russian army.
My Baba was a Pole, marched into Germany in the middle of the night, and put into forced labour.

My dad was literally a DP, WOP - displaced person, without papers.
He entered Canada with a birth certificate/baptismal papers, signed only by the priest. No legal gov't docs to speak of.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
If we're going to talk European architecture I have to say I absolutely adore Westminster Abbey. I have got to see it one day. The history in that building is just incredible.
View attachment 85356 View attachment 85357

So pretty. I have a thing for cathedrals. Got married in one. They lack air-conditioning though. Found that out the hard way.

chicago-history-museum-9.jpg

donaldtoo

I think it was something about that generation . . . the sloppier the meal, the more they loved it! ;)

The funny thing about my father was that he was very cultured, highly educated, etc., and he could eat at the finest restaurants, with the manners of a perfect gentleman. Yet, he always preferred to just relax at his own kitchen table, and look forward to the various stews, soups, chowders, and other kinds of beef and gravy dishes that my mother used to cook. Sometimes (at home) he'd even lick the plate! He told my mother that he was extending the supreme compliment to her cooking!! :p

Yep, probably somewhat of a generational thing, although I'll do the same if the dining situation presents. ;) Also, I think it has something to do with my folks coming from very modest farm backgrounds, as well. No waste. Eat and sop up every last bit. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom