The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Bologna sandwiches were a staple lunch during my childhood, with mustard. When I ate it at home my Mom would fry the bologna and stick it between two pieces of wonder bread. Plenty of grease no need for any condiments, plenty moist. Have not had either sandwich in a couple decades. I'd rather eat Bologna's cousin the HotDog.

I loved bologna sandwiches on Wonder bread with mustard, when I was a kid! Reminds me of a time that my parents took me to a restaurant (I was maybe 5 at the time). I asked the waiter if I could have a bologna sandwich . . . :rolleyes: :D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Of course, European architecture I love

london-empty.jpg

Classic, very nice taste you have.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've seen it in the deli department and also where the prepackaged luncheon meat is. It is ham processed multiple times then blended and reformed into a slice-able loaf. Never bought it though.

bg_choppedham_320.jpg

I "might" have seen this (or something similar) many years ago. Does it also have a somewhat gel substance (i.e. maybe extra fat or whatever to "hold" the ham bits all together)?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
All this talk of food got me thinking about where we would go for our Easter brunch buffet. Hubby and I usually go to the same restaurant when he gets done with church on Easter so I went to their site to see if their menu was up yet, and they have changed from a buffet to an ala carte menu. :( Not happy about this at all, their buffet was fantastic! Now we have to find somewhere else, hubby looks forward to the all you can eat factor after the rush of Holy Week and the extra prep for Easter.

Best of luck in finding a new restaurant. At least you found out ahead of time that they bagged the buffet, so that you wouldn't be disappointed if you went there and only saw the a la carte menu. I hope you find a nice place for Easter dinner.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
King cake is a round shaped cinnamon swirl dough with sugar on top. You can also get it with various fillings. I like cream cheese. There is also a small plastic baby hidden inside each king cake. They're most commonly eaton during Mardi Gras season but you can get them year round. Oh, and I should mention they're delicious. :)
View attachment 85374

Had King Cake many times through the years--flown up via Fedex from New Orleans. However, I don't ever recall any "filling" in them, other than the little, plastic baby.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My Grandfather went to Tulane. As pretty as the Garden District is and as much as I love New Orleans I have no desire to move back there. It's nice to visit, but crime was one of the reasons we moved away. I miss the food though. Can't get good king cakes over here. Gosh, now I'm craving king cake. I'm gonna have to make a run down to New Orleans.
View attachment 85369

That looks amazing. Yes the food is like nowhere else in NOLA.

We've only stayed in the hotel attached to the mall in the FQ or the Hampton in the Garden District on the advice of others that lived in the area. My DD didn't wind up going to Tulane instead opting for the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana but we were both torn over her decision and even in the middle of farm country UoI has more than their share of major crimes. Our @Goofyernmost has spoken many times as to his fears of NOLA when his DD attended Tulane. Such a shame, a charming area.

Gabe1

Hotty Toddy! :) It is a nice chapel. The Ole Miss RUF (Reformed University Fellowship) meets there.
I might be going to Ole Miss depending on what I decide to do next. I just graduated from Southern Miss. Southern's chapel definitely has a retro vibe going on.
View attachment 85367
View attachment 85368

Wow! Sure does. I spent many a weekend for 3 years at either Ole Miss and/or in Tupelo riding horses. Fun times, horrid connecting flights to get there though.

Gabe1

I ate a lot of that as a kid! :)

Yeah, that would not have made it through the door in the house I grew up in, my Dad would have had a fit. He was a big fan of ham but ham off the bone. My Mom grew up in a very poor household with all those kids during hard economic times. Cooking with higher end foods was something she was thrilled to be able to do. And as limited as my dinner varieties were due to both my folks narrow parameters for their idea of proper food Mom did relent somewhat at lunch time as my Dad was off at work. Every once in a while I would see my Mom make herself something 'different' for lunch, always some concoction from her youth.

Gabe1

I just saw a clip from Diver Dan a very strange kids show, why it was considered a kids show is beyond me. Back then there were mandatory Children's Programming laws. This show ran in reruns after school when I was small, hated it. But this fish reminded me of Finding Nemo. Makes you wonder what sparked imaginations of Disney films.

cbg87wqRxCCoS6X.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom