The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

Rant time -- I HATE the changing of the clocks twice a year--it's freaking disruptive and asinine. Last fall, New England proposed going on Atantic Time all year, and I was for it. They're still working on this, but I don't know if it will pass. (Hard to move through a change like this.)

I also know that Texas and Florida are also looking for ONE time each year.
I forgot! :joyfull:

21stamps

We’ve been out since 6:50.. finally done with soccer for the day!!

Now at a Brunch buffet.. every time we come here, my kid chooses healthier options than I do. :hilarious: The omelette is his too.. nothin’ like an omelette and cod. :depressed: Cheese blintz, goetta, eggs, and French toast is mine. :)

His toothless smile cracks me up daily.
00E80034-F102-4A60-9145-6571386456A1.jpeg
D9A1743C-8D00-45C1-B00E-19BB56EBE88D.jpeg

MOXOMUMD

I am jealous of the people who can still afford to make regular trips to Disney World and/or Disneyland. I like hearing about their trips, of course. I wish I had the time/patience to read every post in this thread. It moves far too quickly for that. My house has been crazy lately. First the mouse invasion, and now People's Gas is putting in new gas meters into every house on our block. Yesterday they were here, and today they are coming back to finish up. My neighbor/tenant is all worried about an endoscopy that she has agreed to have soon. Not sure why she felt the need to ask my husband and I if we could take care of her after the procedure. She has gotten it into her head that it is a debilitating surgery. Not sure what doctors have told her, but I think she's getting ahead of herself somehow. She has suffered from acid reflux as long as I have known her. Not sure why it has gotten so bad lately. She is 71. I got the results from wearing my heart monitor, and the doctor reported nothing to be concerned about. I guess my cataract surgery made my heart rate a bit weird, and someone over reacted. Anyhow, good to know my heart is fine for someone my age. Now I'll probably end up having my 2nd surgery sometime in May or June. Tonite we spring ahead, and I am ready. Happy Saturday to everyone.
Dominion Energy just installed new lines here. I'm the only house on my street and it still took them two weeks to do with the weather. :bored:

MOXOMUMD

We’ve been out since 6:50.. finally done with soccer for the day!!

Now at a Brunch buffet.. every time we come here, my kid chooses healthier options than I do. :hilarious: The omelette is his too.. nothin’ like an omelette and cod. :depressed: Cheese blintz, goetta, eggs, and French toast is mine. :)

His toothless smile cracks me up daily.
View attachment 269635
View attachment 269636
Yum, we had omelets too, with extra pepper jack. :hungry:

21stamps

Yum, we had omelets too, with extra pepper jack. :hungry:
Oh pepper jack sounds good!

This is what kiddo ate after his omelette..lol
5F47FCCC-EF72-4824-B3D9-8ACB0B06238A.jpeg

More Mac & cheese, corn beef hash, and shrimp.

Technically it was lunch time.. but it was our breakfast. (Unless you count apple slices and a Kind bar as our first breakfast).
I love shrimp, but not while I’m eating French toast. Ha ha. I don’t know why my kid doesn’t share my love of breakfast foods.

We just got home, I mixed up game times today.. game was at 9:55 am. Not enough time to leave in between practice. I just want to take a nap right now.

Cesar R M

I forgot to post this the other day....there was an attack on a school in the Netherlands a few days ago. I didn't hear about it on the news, so apparently it wasn't a big deal here...I don't think anyone got hurt, but the reason I heard about it is because of how the attack was stopped. This cracked me up....I know the article is in Dutch, but if you scroll down a bit, there's a video. It starts off pretty far away, but then it zooms in. The kids actually scared away the attacker by throwing their backpacks at him! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: These teenagers chase him down the street with their backpacks. He's swinging these knives around and gets beaned by a big heavy, book-filled backpack. On the one hand, I know it's not at all funny that someone tried to attack (it was apparently someone with mental illness...so not funny), but on the other hand these sudents are chasing a knife-wielding attacker, armed with....backpacks. And I think it's pretty awesome and brave of them, and I'm glad that no one seems to have gotten hurt. I read that police were able to arrest the man...that the students followed the guy down the street and were able to subdue him until police got there. Since we've been talking about how sad the news is, I thought this was actually pretty positive.
https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/1754770/leerlingen-verjagen-messentrekker-van-schoolplein
This actually was roaming in tumblr a few ago.

It was unfortunately used politically for the whole gun debate.

Songbird76

First headband done for GKTW.
View attachment 269637
Oh @Songbird76 she used a mason jar for the wire.
Mason jar....brilliant idea!! Does she use wire for the headband, too, or did she get cheapie headbands and attatch all the other stuff to them? Have you tested them out? We found that lining the inside of the headband with velvet ribbon was essential to keeping our ears on our heads. The ones we made where we didn't cover the original band with any fabric didn't stay on. The velvet ribbon kind of grabs onto your hair (not painfully), so you may want to test these out and see if they'll stay put pretty well, and if not, just add a strip of velvet ribbon.

21stamps

Omg.. please pass some cheese for my whine..

I just checked my email.. first tournament schedule just came out..

Sunday, March 25th our schedule is as follows-

7:45am- Technical Training at an indoor facility (last one, finally).

11:10am (arrive at 10:40)- First tournament game- outdoor field different part of the city.

2:40pm - Second tournament game, same field.

7:20pm- Futsal game at Indoor Facility..cross town..again. (Also last game of the season for futsal)

W. T. H.!!!! Thankfully I think this will be the only Sunday with a schedule that obnoxious.

Songbird76

Oh pepper jack sounds good!

This is what kiddo ate after his omelette..lol
View attachment 269654

More Mac & cheese, corn beef hash, and shrimp.

Technically it was lunch time.. but it was our breakfast. (Unless you count apple slices and a Kind bar as our first breakfast).
I love shrimp, but not while I’m eating French toast. Ha ha. I don’t know why my kid doesn’t share my love of breakfast foods.

We just got home, I mixed up game times today.. game was at 9:55 am. Not enough time to leave in between practice. I just want to take a nap right now.
My goodness where does he put it all? I'd have been full after the first plate! And also, that mac and cheese looks soooooo good. I dropped the ball yesterday...we went to get DD all the clothes in the world, and I meant to stop at the chinese grocer who at least USED to sell mac and cheese since it seems to be discontinued from where we have always gotten it, and we spent so much time trying on clothes that we made it to the Chinese grocer 10 minutes after closing. No mac and cheese for us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom