The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Sorry to hear that this closure affected your family. It's lousey when you find somethingthat works well, and then it ceases to exist. :banghead:

This was a topic last night at dinner, with a few guys we know, at our favorite restaurant. None of us has kids, but the main question was just how do these toy companies stay in business to begin with? We were all wondering how many toys actually get sold during the year (aside of Christmas holidays, etc.).

We somewhat came to the conclusion that maybe not as many toys are being sold now (as when we were kids), due to all the electronic gadgets, games, etc., that kids are exposed to nowadays. Again, it was just our theory of the downfall of Toys R Us--and perhaps some wrong management decisions as well.
Yes the digital age is part of it. My younger kids still get toys. They are both still into imaginative play, which I like. They got plenty at Christmas. Ds even got a lot of Lego, but because of the internet you can seek many outlets and get the best price. There is Ebay also which I have used. Closing of Toys R Us is more of a close on a good memory. It is just sad. They were just managed poorly.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And tomorrow is the start of Early Day Starts.
*pouts*

Rant time -- I HATE the changing of the clocks twice a year--it's freaking disruptive and asinine. Last fall, New England proposed going on Atantic Time all year, and I was for it. They're still working on this, but I don't know if it will pass. (Hard to move through a change like this.)

I also know that Texas and Florida are also looking for ONE time each year.

Figgy1

Rant time -- I HATE the changing of the clocks twice a year--it's freaking disruptive and asinine. Last fall, New England proposed going on Atantic Time all year, and I was for it. They're still working on this, but I don't know if it will pass. (Hard to move through a change like this.)

I also know that Texas and Florida are also looking for ONE time each year.
I almost forgot with everything going on the past couple of weeks. Thank goodness 1520677644230.pngwas on sale recently

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom