The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I'm still bitter they moved the opening sequence show to the castle. Nothing beats seeing the characters come in the train.
By moving it to the castle it looks like any generic show.

They could have had a tiny small show with the chars moving on the train to welcome the people, then move the characters out, then open the doors then do the castle show.
Yes, it lost a little bit of magic for me when they got rid of the show. Plus everyone just crowds onto MSUSA. I think they were hoping that people would just go into the stores. We never even saw the new show. We just went to a bridge towards a land.

21stamps

The benefits for homeschooler's with 529's were removed before the bill was passed. No deductions for school expenses for us. :cautious:

Oh I didn’t realize that homeschoolers received benefits before! I’m sorry to hear they were taken away. Are you allowed to put money in if you decide to do traditional high school, but save it for college if you don’t?

The plan I made with my financial advisor was to start doubling my tuition payment..putting it all into the 529, the other half going there instead of my savings account, hopefully by high school it will have grown and will end saving quite a bit of money.
My tuition payments over the next few years obviously won’t have time to grow, but it still helps.

12in12

Was it wrong of me to crank up some music and dance when the boys leftView attachment 269105
Minion-Ah..-No.gif

MySmallWorldof4

Oh I didn’t realize that homeschoolers received benefits before! I’m sorry to hear they were taken away. Are you allowed to put money in if you decide to do traditional high school, but save it for college if you don’t?

The plan I made with my financial advisor was to start doubling my tuition payment..putting it all into the 529, the other half going there instead of my savings account, hopefully by high school it will have grown and will end saving quite a bit of money.
My tuition payments over the next few years obviously won’t have time to grow, but it still helps.
No, we never received benefits or could deduct any school supplies like teachers can., or educational curriculum. This would have been nice for the lower grades. You can still do 529's for college. At least the new child tax credit should help us a little. It is harder for us to figure out owning a small business.

21stamps

No, we never received benefits or could deduct any school supplies like teachers can., or educational curriculum. This would have been nice for the lower grades. You can still do 529's for college. At least the new child tax credit should help us a little. It is harder for us to figure out owning a small business.
From what I understand, I can’t deduct for the 529, but it’s allowed to grow and be removed Tax free after the initial regular income taxes.. this way I’m not getting taxed twice when I remove the money from investments when the time comes... which is what was happening to (elementary and high school) education funds before.

It’s all so confusing.

12in12

@Songbird76 I have had several Fitbits and I love them. There are different models and price ranges. I have the regular Alta at the moment, it links with the App on my phone, it keeps track of my daily steps and recognizes other exercise like cycling after you have done it 15 minutes or more. It will ask you afterwards if it recognised the correct exercise. On the App you can also log food, water etc. which I don't do but others find useful. The thing I really like about Fitbit is their customer service. Years ago I lost my Fitbit after only having it for a month or so. I was so bumped I emailed Fitbit to ask if there was anyway to find it. They responded that same day saying there was no way to recover a lost Fitbit but they could send me a new one, free of charge. Fast forward a few years and my next Fitbit's band started to peel after I had it for 11 months. I emailed and again I got a new one free of charge.

MySmallWorldof4

At least the crowds will be less crazy then. I can't believe they're opening at the height of summer. I wonder how much last years hurricanes had to do with that.
I think it is a bad move as well. They seem to want to open new things on holiday weekends. It would be better during a quieter time so that maybe people could enjoy looking around. Navigating through throngs of people is not enjoyable. Yes, hopefully by next year (oh wait). Star Wars land is scheduled to open in 2019.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom