The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

@StarWarsGirl , what kind of fitness tracker do you have again? Was it the Fitbit Alta? Mine is just a cheapie unknown brand, but I want to get a good quality one as this one is failing. Does yours connect to the GPS on your phone? And does it register more than just steps? Do you have to set it for each mode, like...tell it you are going to go walking, or biking, or go to sleep?

MOXOMUMD

My dog likes to stare . . . at nothing. His preference is walls, but tonight he mixed it up a bit and was staring at the floor. While staring, he puts himself in this trance-like state. It all means something to him, but I like to mess with him when he gets like this. I might say (rather loudly), "Hey, wanna play?!" Ha! It shakes him out of his stupor and he looks at me, like, huh?! :hilarious:

View attachment 268730

(Not my dog in the photo, but he looks almost exactly like this pup!)
Maybe you have a ghost? Or he hears something in your walls? ;)

MySmallWorldof4

Yes, but bitterness is different then trauma. I have, as far as I know, absolutely no recollection of anything that happened when I was 3 years old. It has an affect of being bitterness when later on they see people with a long term relationship with their father or their mother depending on the particular loss. One is an anger emotion, a feeling of unfairness, the other is a deep down emotional pain that just doesn't go away. All one can hope for is that they are able to see and be thankful for the time that they did have, push it to a back file in the brain and continue forward in life.
I agree. With the bitterness, I was referring to an older child.

Goofyernmost

I agree. With the bitterness, I was referring to an older child.
I agree, but, my thought was that the emotion felt by the younger child in later life is really bitterness. Usually there was not enough time for the brain to record memory and then it just is a feeling of not having what someone else has/had. An older child, in my opinion has had the time to bond and record multiple events and it is far more hard drive emotional then bitterness. A person can talk out their sadness, but, many cannot and it stays with them for a very long time if not their entire life. Bitterness, can be rationalized away much easier if there are no hard wire memories. Please, understand that this is my opinion. Others mileage may vary.

93boomer

Premium Member
I confess. It 'twas us. Sorry. Hope we can still be friends?

th
Awww ok we’re still friends since you put up a cute picture!! :)

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
This weather is sooo strange. Again, this morning blue skies and sunny with about 1 minute of flurries! My Mom lives north about 45 mts away and has snow on the ground.
I want my warm weather back—NOW!! :(
But, on a good note, I made our fpass choices and a dinner reservation for our May trip last night!! :happy:
Did you get FOP ?

StarWarsGirl

@StarWarsGirl , what kind of fitness tracker do you have again? Was it the Fitbit Alta? Mine is just a cheapie unknown brand, but I want to get a good quality one as this one is failing. Does yours connect to the GPS on your phone? And does it register more than just steps? Do you have to set it for each mode, like...tell it you are going to go walking, or biking, or go to sleep?
I have the Fitbit Alta HR. I really like it. It automatically detects when you're walking and sleeping. You can tell it to start tracking your exercise, or you can put it in the app afterward. It also will autodetect in some cases. So walking around WDW, if I was walking more than 15 minutes without stopping, it would autodetect. It also will buzz if you get a phonecall and texts read across it. It's nice for me at work because I'll know whether it's important and I need to look at my phone or if I can ignore it until my next break.

This model does have the GPS tracking, but only for walking, not for biking. Since I know you bike, you might want to consider the next one up, the Charge HR 2. It does everything the Alta HR does, but it's a bit thicker (not super thick, the Alta is just very slim)

MOXOMUMD

OK, so I'm channel surfin' and I come across Guy's Grocery Games...!!! :hilarious:
One of the contestants starts talkin' 'bout slaughterin'/butcherin' chickens and hogs, which reminds me of a story my dad told us years ago when they were butchering a hog on their back porch on the farm. A rag that was totally soaked with pigs blood was tossed off the porch by one of my uncles, and before it ever touched the ground was quaffed down by one of their dogs...!!!!! :hilarious:And, then, that reminded me of this old Far Side cartoon...!!!!! :joyfull:

View attachment 269036
We like to play Guy's Grocery Games sometimes. I'll say we have a meat (like pork chops) and need to find one thing in random aisles (like 3,5 and 9) and we have to make a meal out of those ingredients. We take turns playing Chopped during school breaks. The last "basket" had grape jelly, dry minced onions and soy sauce. 🤔 She made Oriental meatballs on Asian noodles.

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

Yes, but bitterness is different then trauma. I have, as far as I know, absolutely no recollection of anything that happened when I was 3 years old. It has an affect of being bitterness when later on they see people with a long term relationship with their father or their mother depending on the particular loss. One is an anger emotion, a feeling of unfairness, the other is a deep down emotional pain that just doesn't go away. All one can hope for is that they are able to see and be thankful for the time that they did have, push it to a back file in the brain and continue forward in life.
That sounds like the same for when a parent abandons a family. Just do the best one can with the situation and don't dwell on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom