The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Speaking of the clothing store...he's moving, yet again, but, staying in the same mall. This time he's moving to the store space directly across from the Disney Store on the lower level that I was a CM at. Until about a month ago, it was a Brookstone.
He's pretty pumped about the new location!
Also, honest question 'cause I just don't know, is Brookstone still a thing, or are they fading away...?
I haven't seen one of those in years. That's one store I won't miss;)

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
No prob, but first my lawyer has a 200 page document that you must read, sign every page and initial several spots on each page
I will inflate a bouncy castle for you to land on. I also have a document for you to sign.
All it says is
" If ANYTHING goes wrong the blame lies with @figmentfan423 "

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Woof! It has definitely all changed.
When we moved to No Cal back in '68, it was towards the end of the school year. My folks decided to put me in kindergarten at the local public school for the last 2 weeks of the year (I was the youngest kid in the class and barely made the birthday deadline IIRC), fully expecting me to go all the way through kindergarten again the next year. Nope, the teacher thought I was prepared for first grade the next year, and so it went. I never had to be held back, and ended up graduating HS back here in Texas about 5 months before my 18th birthday. For some perspective, 18 was the drinking age here at the time.
:cyclops:

Fast forward...
All 3 of our kiddos were in daycare (it wasn't called preschool) at the same time at one point (remember, 3 yrs. 2 mos. from youngest to oldest) to the tune of $900+ a month...!!!!! :eek:
I know younger coworkers of mine that are now paying that much+ per child...Holy cannoli...!!!!!!! :facepalm:

With DSs situation, he started in pre-K at our local public elementary school at age 3. All 3 of our kiddos went all the way through that elementary school, then on to the middle school (which is, incidentally, directly across the street from my folks house, and my mom worked in the lunch room there long enough to draw a decent little retirement check :)), and then on to and through our local HS.
Their HS was consistently ranked in the top 100 in the country for the years they went there, at least. Not sure of the ranking now, as they all graduated so long ago. Darn, time flys.
It was all local public schools, so I don't remember much of any of the seemingly complicated situations that have been discussed. Again, no judgement, I'm just ignorant to it based on what we experienced with raising our kiddos 20+ years ago.

And, in regards to the time flies thing, all y'all parents here with young kiddos...

Don't blink...! ;)

Yeah, we've been paying well over our mortgage for A's daycare since she was born. It's so expensive. Now that she's in the preschool classroom where all the kids are potty trained, the price is finally below our mortgage, but only by about ten dollars.

So basically, you can buy another house, or send your kid to daycare.

FutureCEO

Again?! I figure at the rate he's going, he'll be renting out every possible store space in that mall before he retires! :p

You'd have to ask others for their opinion on Brookstone. Personally, I don't think it's nearly as popular as it used to be, but again, that's just my opinion. Never was a big fan of their stuff--seemed overpriced to me. They did have "some" nice things on occasion, but I'd never really go out of my way to go to that store.

I can't recall seeing this store but I probably have and never cared to go in.

Blame it on the millennials. Everyone else does. For the record, I don't consider myself one even-though I was born in the 80s.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I can't recall seeing this store but I probably have and never cared to go in.

Blame it on the millennials. Everyone else does. For the record, I don't consider myself one even-though I was born in the 80s.

I see people as individuals, first. Never got the hang of lumping people in categories, just because they were from a specific age group. So I don't blame you! :happy:

Figgy1

Yeah, we've been paying well over our mortgage for A's daycare since she was born. It's so expensive. Now that she's in the preschool classroom where all the kids are potty trained, the price is finally below our mortgage, but only by about ten dollars.

So basically, you can buy another house, or send your kid to daycare.
That's why I decided to stay home mostly full time and join local activities with the boys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom