The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I cringe when the school’s name comes up on my phone, I immediately think “please don’t tell me he’s sick and ask me to come get him!” Luckily it’s typically a playground fall, and the nurse is calling to tell me what happened, that he’s fine, and what she did to treat him. (Usually a bandaid and a lollipop lol)

My Sunday evening ritual is a bubble bath with a glass of Chianti. I’ve never purchased anything from Basin, always hear great things..maybe I should. The store definitely smells good!

Basin stuff is great. I like the Mickey Bathbombs, when they dissolve there are soap confetti Mickey heads in my bathtub! I am currently using an orange scented shampoo bar and Florida orange soap in my shower. I love the orange scent, it really makes me miss the old Soarin' attaction.

StarWarsGirl

Really? I've never heard of free preschool, but that's awesome! It isn't required here, but the city pays for it, so we figured, why not? Socialize them, get them used to structured learning, and give mommy a bit of a break! But, I've never heard of it being free in the US!
It's not only free here, but now required. It's a half day. Essentially, they used to have half day kindergarten. Now they've moved to full day kindergarten and pre-school is similar to what kindergarten used to be.

In a state that usually ranks at the top with public education, they must be doing something right.

MySmallWorldof4

What a great show! Does anyone remember all of the old Nick at Night shows in the 80s? **** Van ****, Patty Duke, etc?
Confession- I’ve always been a little bit too obsessed with Audrey Hepburn. I have every movie that she was in.. probably every biography.. and too many coffee table books and old magazine compilations that I’ve collected over the years.
I also watched Bye Bye Birdie more times than I can count when I was younger..as well as the production. I used to dance around in my bedroom pretending I was Kim.. (or Olivia Newton John while listening to my ‘Physical’ record, depending on the day ;))
Oh, and I have every episode of I Love Lucy, and many Lucille Ball biographies as well.

Hollywood makes that time look so great, as does photos of my grandparents.. but when I really look at that time, I am glad that I missed it... but it does look so nice!
I love old shows and movies. I remember watching Father Knows Best, Leave it to Beaver, and of course the sitcoms from the 60’s and 70’s. They depicted a more innocent time. Kids today would not get those shows. Or maybe they would. I used to also watch the original Our Gang/Little Rascals when it was on tv. Now they were made 40 years before I was born and I enjoyed them. :)

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

I'm not really into name brand or trendy either. I like the Vera Bradley bags because they are the right size I need and I like the cross body style. I also like that they are cloth and I can put it in the washer when it gets dirty. I have one of them going through the wash right now! :) The price isn't too bad for the quality. I liked them before they started doing Disney patterns so when the Disney patterns were released that was a nice bonus!
I have been afraid to wash them. How do you wash them? Cold? Hang dry?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Guess I didn't read into those places too much iI red them. I read them as written and didn't think too much about them. Now I see the play on words.:rolleyes: Ugh, so dumb.(slaps self):hilarious: Mind you I have read the series so many times over.:D

I'm loving that you guys are discovering the 'creativeness' of HP books. Just think all because of a 2 year old little boy playing so hard with his naked Elsa Doll. Who would have thunk? :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

Well, we have a bit of a blizzard outside. Wind has been crazy all day and now it is snowing pretty heavy. There was a nice little layer of ice under the snow too. Oh and our power was flickering too. :( Our students had off today and we had parent teacher conferences starting at noon. Conferences were supposed to go until 8pm but the district cancelled anything after 4pm. We'll see about school tomorrow, my guess will be a 2 hour delay but who knows.
Sympathy like. We are still in the 1-3 band. Supposed to start late Tuesday night. No wind with this one at least.

donaldtoo

I have never seen a kid in an American supermarket riding a bike, or a skateboard. I think it is one of those things that people know is not acceptable. We have the grocery carts with the little steering wheels and that seems to make them happy. Worked for my kids anyway. Surprised they would allow that there.

Yep, I've never seen rollerblades, skateboards, bikes, etc., in a store here. But, I do remember those kids tennis shoes with wheels on 'em several years back, and kids using them in the mall or stores, 'til all the stores finally said nope, nope, nope...!!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I cringe when the school’s name comes up on my phone, I immediately think “please don’t tell me he’s sick and ask me to come get him!” Luckily it’s typically a playground fall, and the nurse is calling to tell me what happened, that he’s fine, and what she did to treat him. (Usually a bandaid and a lollipop lol)

My Sunday evening ritual is a bubble bath with a glass of Chianti. I’ve never purchased anything from Basin, always hear great things..maybe I should. The store definitely smells good!

I didn't take baths until i bought from Basin and now I'm pretty obsessed. It's some hard earned me-time, now. About once a week, i get to languish alone and nobody bothers me. Basin makes that luxurious.

Basin stuff is great. I like the Mickey Bathbombs, when they dissolve there are soap confetti Mickey heads in my bathtub! I am currently using an orange scented shampoo bar and Florida orange soap in my shower. I love the orange scent, it really makes me miss the old Soarin' attaction.

I can't with the confetti bombs... I don't need my bath to look like a party :hilarious::hilarious: they're cute though!

MySmallWorldof4

It’s the best!! You can order online. ;)

donaldtoo

Can’t believe it has been a whole year since his last party. Turning 8, wow time goes by. We have done a gymnastics party and everyone liked that. Well organized, but since T doesn’t do gymnastics it would not work for him. We have also just done parties at home. We went to a swim party at the Y in the fall. You could just postpone a party until summer and do that. You could offer him a trip to Disney instead? ;)

As I posted before, we did Discovery Zone for oldest DD once. Now that I think about it, we also did DZ for DS, as he asked to have his birthday there. He also had at least one at Chuck E. Cheese's, as well as one for youngest DD. We also had youngest DDs 5th birthday party at Austin's iconic Zilker Park just across Lady Bird Lake from downtown. They have a great playground and a train called the Zilker Zephyr that travels around a good portion of the park. Plus, IIRC, I think we also hired the friend of a friend that was a clown for that one...!!! :hilarious:
We also had a pool party at one of our neighborhood pools for oldest DD one year.
Plus, oldest DD got to celebrate her 10th, 13th, 16th, and 21st birthdays at WDW...!!!!! :joyfull:
I'm hard-pressed to remember any of the other places off the top of my head, but, in my defense, I have slept since then...!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

A new NERF indoor course opened up not terribly far away.. I’m considering that, but it’s not private.. the kids might be out in 2 seconds if they’re mixed with teens and adults.lol

Never even heard of a Nerf course before, but, it sounds like fun! I Googled it, and it turns out there's an indoor course just down the road within' walking distance of our home...who knew...!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I’m not a fine jewelry gal at all. I buy silver or costume jewelery, I’ve always been a fan of multiple bracelets/bangle bracelets, fun earrings.
I am a handbag girl though.

So I used to hang photos of handbags on my ‘wish list’ on my pin board.. always as a goal (and doubled as a reminder to my boyfriend and then husband;) ). He never had to guess what to get me for my bday or Christmas:hilarious: One day before our wedding I jokingly said, “You know that diamonds are not a girl’s best friend, right? Hermès bags are this girls best friend.” He laughed..I told him ‘Just wanted to save you a trip to the jewelery store, forget shiny things, look to Birkin or Kelly instead.”

Ha ha.
th

donaldtoo

I think I'm channeling @figmentfan423 today. I have a hectic week with parent-teacher conferences so I don't want to cook the rest of the week so today I made a pan of lasagna, a pan of buffalo chicken mac & cheese, and some Irish sausages & potatoes for meals for the week. And I made an egg bake for breakfasts. So now it will just be reheating and eating! The only problem was I burned my arm on the oven door, it popped back up as I was putting a pan in. Ouch!

Awesome about the heat and eat meals!
Ouch! Sympathy like about the burn. Hope it's not too bad.

donaldtoo

I don't entirely dislike the set up or clean up at the house, but last time we had a party at our house, the kids somehow broke a wooden train that my husband's grandfather made for him when he was a baby, too a screw out of the window we were using to keep it shut, broke dishes, somehow got food behind the couch which we didn't find until the smell tipped us off, and got mud on our bed even though we never saw kids go upstairs OR outside.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Never again.

Yep, main reason we never had any of our 3 kiddos friends parties in our home.
Family parties yes, friends parties, no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom