The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

BAChicagoGal

The Terminix guy was pretty useless, and since he only put down one glue trap, I should have gone out yesterday and bought more glue traps. When my husband checked under the porch yesterday, he couldn't find the glue trap. The bait trap is/was still there. Today, when my tenant gave me the rent check, we asked her about the glue trap. Perhaps she removed it, concerned about her roaming cats. Oh no, she says, I threw it away, after her female cat dragged it upstairs, with a dead mouse attached. I sure wish she would have told me that yesterday. Tomorrow when I go to the bank, I will have to go out and buy some glue/mice traps. I don't understand why Terminix did not give us extra traps. Cheapskates for sure. I will feel a whole lot better when I place some multiple traps underneath the porch area where we now know for a fact that there is mouse activity still going on. I have a hard time sleeping at night without dreaming about mice in the house. My tenant is so weird. She will bother me about such unimportant stuff, but not tell me something that is important.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The friend who just got the apartment and I went shopping today. Got her a bunch of stuff for her apartment. Stuff she neededb a couple of thing I had her buy because I know my parents keep them around and they're useful. A couple of things she protested, but she's got a very bossy, strong willed friend. 😂 Then a couple of things she wanted me to tell her if she should buy or mot, and I said, "Up to you" and she wasn't sure what to do with me at that point.

She bought a TV stand, so we ordered pizza and set that up. Now I understand why my parents have always bought furniture preassembled. My goodness.

IKEA makes some very good and sturdy wood-ish furniture. Upholstered or mattresses not so much. My kids both have several pieces that are wood-ish that are very solid, you just can't purchase the lower end.

Gabe1

The Terminix guy was pretty useless, and since he only put down one glue trap, I should have gone out yesterday and bought more glue traps. When my husband checked under the porch yesterday, he couldn't find the glue trap. The bait trap is/was still there. Today, when my tenant gave me the rent check, we asked her about the glue trap. Perhaps she removed it, concerned about her roaming cats. Oh no, she says, I threw it away, after her female cat dragged it upstairs, with a dead mouse attached. I sure wish she would have told me that yesterday. Tomorrow when I go to the bank, I will have to go out and buy some glue/mice traps. I don't understand why Terminix did not give us extra traps. Cheapskates for sure. I will feel a whole lot better when I place some multiple traps underneath the porch area where we now know for a fact that there is mouse activity still going on. I have a hard time sleeping at night without dreaming about mice in the house. My tenant is so weird. She will bother me about such unimportant stuff, but not tell me something that is important.

Sorry. Our Mice were no where near the house and it was unnerving to me also. Then again when I had ants march in my kitchen I vowed that would never happen again. I don't cope well with unwanted guests either. The upside is they likely are not in the house or you would have seen signs of it already especially over the last few days. I wonder how long her kitty cat has been taking care of some of those mice over time since it seemed to know where to go get it trap and all.

Gabe1

Condolences to your daughter for this. 🙁
Oh geez. It's always so sad to lose someone that young. :(

Thanks. She was ballparking without access to that computer this evening about 20 give or take. She actually had an outside of work friend that knew he passed and that he worked with my DD and sent her a fyi text. She needed to find upper management and fellow managers to give them a heads up as young people tend to take things roughly and likely schedules are going to need to be altered for services and all. Oddly when she got the text we were about a half mile from his home coming back from Wisconsin. So many cars at his home. Can only imagine the heartbreak in that home. :(

Gabe1

@figmentfan423 Happy belated

il_570xN.999448265_bzi7.jpg

Figgy1

Yes, we need advance notice about your birthday next year. I can't remember what I did yesterday, let alone remember a date a year in advance! :p

To embellish your wardrobe, here is my belated birthday gift to you.

View attachment 268415
Thank you. It goes with everything. I would have said something in advance but wanted to see if any of the guys would remember on their own. 2 out of 3 ain't bad:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom