The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Oh @MySmallWorldof4 , we’re losing two classmates next year, they’re going to homeschooling. We lost 3 last year. That’s just our grade, it’s rare that our school advertises enrollment, but I saw a sign it when we were coming home today.

Our city is doing more and more ‘homeschool’ group activities at museums etc every week.. it’s becoming increasingly popular. Especially in my circle of friends, and kiddo’s friends.

I know I’ve said it before, but I wish I could do it.. I can’t obviously, (and I probably wouldn’t have the patience if I could) but the lesson plans/subjects/travel of the people who do are just so interesting. I think it’s only going to become more popular over the next few years.

donaldtoo

Littlest dd had a birthday party to go to at a local arcade/climbing jungle thing/batting cage place. I hate it there. It is at least 30 years old and probably saw its better days 20 years ago. It needs a major renovation. There were 2 other parties going on so there were kids everywhere. Dd was walking with a cupcake to a table I was at and she got sideswiped by a boy who was a head taller and probably twice her weight. She didn’t see him coming. Her poor head hit the ground. Of course he didn’t say sorry. He ran off. I just carried her to the table. Another mom got her an ice pack and they replaced the cupcake. I knew she would survive though when 10 minutes later she asked if her friend was going to open her presents there or at her house.

Sympathy like. And, so glad she is OK!
We did a b-day party for oldest DD at Discovery Zone (DZ) back in the day. What a zoo...!
We went to one more party she was invited to there, and then found "reasons" not to go to any others there. :cautious:
We are nowhere near germaphobes, by those places were pretty much Petri dishes from he** for anybody... :cyclops:

MySmallWorldof4

Oh @MySmallWorldof4 , we’re losing two classmates next year, they’re going to homeschooling. We lost 3 last year. That’s just our grade, it’s rare that our school advertises enrollment, but I saw a sign it when we were coming home today.

Our city is doing more and more ‘homeschool’ group activities at museums etc every week.. it’s becoming increasingly popular. Especially in my circle of friends, and kiddo’s friends.

I know I’ve said it before, but I wish I could do it.. I can’t obviously, (and I probably wouldn’t have the patience if I could) but the lesson plans/subjects/travel of the people who do are just so interesting. I think it’s only going to become more popular over the next few years.
It is challenging for sure, but it is rewarding especially when I put together their end of year portfolio and I can truly see all that they have done.

MySmallWorldof4

Hubs was watching the weather forecast and I guess the weather guy said if the forecasted temp for tomorrow goes a half a degree either way that is the difference between 1 inch of snow and 10 inches of snow! :jawdrop: I don't know how he figured that but I'm sure it is something science-y (says the science teacher).;)
Don't you get a little more snow when it is a tad warmer, like 33 instead of 32?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Really, you've got to get with the times. Go buy yourself a nice, new washing matchine. Dump your present one--

View attachment 268256

When my Mom was in Elementary school her family I guess had a wringer system for washing clothes (12 kids) but theirs was electric. She got caught up in her clothes and it sucked not only her clothing threw but her hand and arm all the way to her shoulder until some came to unplug the unit and pull her arm back out. Ouch!

Sometime I'll take some photos of my DD cellar in her apartment building. All sorts of stuff like this down there.

Gabe1

Hubs was watching the weather forecast and I guess the weather guy said if the forecasted temp for tomorrow goes a half a degree either way that is the difference between 1 inch of snow and 10 inches of snow! :jawdrop: I don't know how he figured that but I'm sure it is something science-y (says the science teacher).;)

Translation: Weatherman knows it is too close to call but doesn't want to say that 'cause he is the science guy!

MySmallWorldof4

When my Mom was in Elementary school her family I guess had a wringer system for washing clothes (12 kids) but theirs was electric. She got caught up in her clothes and it sucked not only her clothing threw but her hand and arm all the way to her shoulder until some came to unplug the unit and pull her arm back out. Ouch!

Sometime I'll take some photos of my DD cellar in her apartment building. All sorts of stuff like this down there.
Ouch!!! That is scary.

donaldtoo

Yup, "lovable Lou" as Spirit used to refer to him . . . ;) (Never a bad word about Disney . . . :rolleyes:) Gosh, I miss Spirit . . .

Yep, WDW Trivia/WDW Radio was the first Disney forum I ever joined way back on May 23rd of '07. And, it was the first website of any kind I ever joined. It was fun and active for many years beyond that, but, then became pretty dead, and Lou eventually discontinued the forum.
As I've posted before, myself and DWifey met and hung out with him, and several other members from his old site for an EE nighttime meetup in AK during Mousefest of '08. Definitely a nice enough guy, but, there is never any criticism of anything about TWDC at all from him, so it just rings so hollow. To reach that dream honestly is one thing, but, to kiss TWDCs a$$ the whole time while doing so, is just sick and sad. I lost any respect I had for him years ago.
But, he's, apparently, making one helluva' living by kissing there backsides, so there is that...! 😉

Gabe1

Before I forget, because I have forgotten so many things I wanted to post here, DD has been working on some projects and I wanted to share. She's very creative and watches a lot of DIY videos on youtube. When we went to DLP, she looked everywhere for a Lady tsum tsum...they had a TON of tsum tsums, but not Lady. So she decided to make one. This is her finished product:
View attachment 268161View attachment 268162

And, she's been really missing her cousin in the US. Some background...her cousin will be turning 5 about a week before DD turns 12. We've been trying to get my brother to do Disney with us for years...actually, first, he suggested we do Disney together when he and his husband got married in 2010, to give us some extra time together after the wedding. We agreed, got tickets and everything, and then they bailed. We went to Disney and they went do his in-laws' cabin in the mountains. Then in 2016, I suggested they meet us in Disney...his daughter was 3 at the time and would have loved it, and we'd have loved to share that experience with her...but my BIL and his parents thought it was too expensive. They had been looking at a trip all together for their anniversary, and my brother suggested all doing Disney...they didn't want to spend that kind of money. So again, we went alone. But, that was before I found the really good deals...so I've been trying to convince my brother to ask his husband again, and I could make the reservation and they could just pay for their room. I've heard nothing back, so I'm thinking it's not going to happen. My kids are so excited about possibly going again, and I think DH has resigned himself to the idea of going back...DD made a powerpoint with pictures of our last trip, to remind him of our favorite moments...and now, DD is really missing her cousin. I mentioned that I wish we could take her to Disney with us, and DD went NUTS over the idea...I told her she has to turn those puppy eyes onto her uncles to get them to agree to Disney. So she was looking through our 2016 photos where we went to South Dakota with my brother and his family, and she pulled some pictures and used an app on her tablet to edit the pictures in creative ways...so this is DD walking hand in hand with her little cousin.
View attachment 268164View attachment 268165

That last photo is really a powerful one. She's good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom