The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@figmentfan423 Rolling Tangled duffle carry on suitcase The Disney Store Yep frying-pan

DWv7dDJXkAAwdDH.jpg

Gabe1

I don't know why, but the face down ones (your 2nd photo) freak me out. I never did the one at the water parks as WDW either. Maybe I feel more in control if I'm sitting up.

Yeah, they don't want you breaking your neck or having a spinal leading with your head.

I love the mat slides. Of course, I wasn't very old when I first went on them at Blizzard beach. Now I consistently beat my dad when we race down them. 😁

My Dad years ago put his mat down a bit to far forward without putting a foot on it. He looked so sad, he was going to race my DS about 9 years old and me. He was visably happy when I gave him my mat and walked down.

But but but...he didn't lay on his tummy, he knelt and off he went before the slide attendant could fix that. The whole group of guards and guests were laughing at him as he took the hills all the way down. (I didn't share the laughing part with him)

They don't allow face forward on Disney water slides, not even the pool ones.

There are a few...
BlizzardBeachSlide2.jpg

Gabe1

Except for one I had mostly cool younger nuns for CCD:joyfull: I also lucked out that I lived in a town with an excellent public school system.:inlove: That being said I had a friend who went to a different school and claimed all the nuns were nazis in hiding because of the attitudes and 5 o'clock shadow:cautious:

Ha! But I would not doubt some of that happened but guessing more Jews trying to hide or escape Europe during those times. There was also talk of that with some of the mid-east attire for woman and who was really under all that. Many of the older, full and complete nun-gear is so very similar to some of the women's attire from the mid-east.

And yet my MIL was appalled when the nuns at her parish started wearing knee length skirts and a loose fitting jacket with a white blouse. Then again MIL still has a fit that female nurses wear scrubs and not white dresses, white shoes, white hose and little
caps. :cautious: Like trying to move and lift these patients in wheelchairs or in and out of beds screams lets outfit nurses in dresses.

donaldtoo

I just checked rates for Uni. A week at Cabana Bay with tickets comes to just over $3600 for all of us with the Harry Potter package. That seems reasonable. By comparison a week at AOA Nemo rooms with park hoppers is almost $6000!

Yep, just ridiculous without discounts.
We're just not that enamored anymore, especially since our December cruise.
And to think, a Disney cruise would have cost us 3x plus as much...nope, nope, nope...!!!

image.jpeg

donaldtoo

Yep. It would save about $300. I am just comparing prices and Universal seems reasonable unless you have a Disney AP where you just pay for a room on another trip and don't worry about tickets. Or you just stay off-site. We may do that next year. Dh has been talking about moving to FL. I already discussed how difficult pulling that off will be with a business that would have to be sold. Stressful times ahead.

Sympathy like.
Can the business not be relocated down there?
Hope the right decisions are made for y'all's future!!!

donaldtoo

Yesterday, out of curiosity I checked on the cost of 5 nights in a Disney Deluxe for two people in mid-October. No meals, just park tickets and a room. $4650.00!!!! That is $200.00 more then I paid TOTAL for 30 days touring Europe for everything including the Trans-Atlantic cruise back to the states. As much as I like WDW, there is no way that I would pay that much for the experience. My way would have cost me around $800.00 for park tickets (PH) and a room in a nice hotel just off property for $300.00. That is how I have managed to enjoy my trips all these years.

Wow. Just......wow.
Just put me in that beach chair again on Starfish Island and I'm gooder...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

image.jpeg

Gabe1

Wow. Just......wow.
Just put me in that beach chair again on Starfish Island and I'm gooder...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

View attachment 266481

Pretty. I'm not wired to sit, never have been. From young I was alwa ys on the go with sports and everything else. I had a career that didn't have me sitting down and I'm still on my feet most of the day. Two days captive by Hurricane Irma had me going bonkers. Day one was actually nice as the parks were so empty the day before Irma that we hit 3 days worth in 12 hours, everything was a walk on. So the rest after that day of full parks at Epcot and then the MK a easy day was nice. Day two I needed to get up and move all day. I'm Just am not wired to sit like that more than an hour at best.

Gabe1

Except for one I had mostly cool younger nuns for CCD:joyfull: I also lucked out that I lived in a town with an excellent public
school system.:inlove: That being said I had a friend who went to a different school and claimed all the nuns were nazis in hiding because of the attitudes and 5 o'clock shadow:cautious:

When my DD was born and we had changed parishes over the priest scandal a nun handled our parish transfer. What a doll. She asked to hold my DD who hated everyone besides our immediate small family. The Nun was older than God, skinny and frail. My DD melted into her arms. You could tell holding her for an hour made the woman's day. Both so content. That Nun should have been a Mom, she was a natural.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom