The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My heart is in London.

Here is hoping your dreams come true. And Hey...Disney Paris isn't all that far from Ireland.
We can still have that common bond.

I have two friends from my tiny town that their kids went to school in Ireland. One for a year and the other for 6 years. The one for six received his equivalent of masters. He did his entire college education their for a fraction of what it would have cost in the states despite being an alien. Sure hope it works out for you, love your keep swimming
attitude. :happy:

Gabe1

So is mine ❤

Went back and reviewed the tower fire as I heard news of it all but you know until you know someone...it isn't really different than state to state here or city to city, county to county. Orlando actually has some real big issues with all that right now. Disney's Celebration hits that HURT. A corporation that should have been watching and was not. Seeing why they separated themselves from Celebration, not an acceptable solution for them, more a get out of Dodge solution IMO. Heartbreaking for those involved.

Gabe1

A Lidl opened today about 20 minutes walk from my home. I thought it wouldn't be too busy if I went in the afternoon but boy was I wrong. I had to stand in line just to get in, luckily it moved quickly and they were handing out slices of cake so I was happy enough.
It was crazy busy inside but it is a beautiful store with a large selection of products. It will be great to get my shopping there from now on.:)

Curious. You say a 20 minute walk. Is that a normal thing to take a 20 minute walk for groceries? I walk about 5 miles a day (shy that the last few nasty weather months here)
Most of my fellow residents would have a melt down if they had to walk 20 minutes anywhere. *sigh* I generally wonder how many people walk anywhere in the states these days daily. Most pop in their cars, park at work and drive on home.

Gabe1

but you live there and I will never have that opportunity. Though I did apply to a grad school yesterday. But in Ireland because the UK kicks you out after schooling.

My DD is a admissions adviser for a major University. Look at it this way with your opportunities for education....she turns down 95% of foreign country students trying to gain admittance to that University in the USA from foreign countries. Your odds are better going over the pond. And the odds of those same students being able to remain in the USA after they graduate as an alien to the USA are slim.

My Sis is an Immigration attorney. What we take for granted others only dream for. Take comfort in that and if necessary may you take solace with that.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Most of my fellow residents would have a melt down if they had to walk 20 minutes anywhere. *sigh* I generally wonder how many people walk anywhere in the states these days daily. Most pop in their cars, park at work and drive on home.

Not me. I walk everywhere. Where I live, there is enough public transportation that I don't use a car often. And the buses and trains don't stop at my door--gotta walk to get to those, and then when I reach a destination--gotta walk from that point, too. Hey, all this reminds me of a golden oldie --

1519381155002.png

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Can I have a gold star? I read all of today's posts. Proud of me? Giggle :joyfull:

Well admittedly missed chunks the days prior but ooops. Going early morning with the kids to be finger printed. Wish us luck. Oy. :banghead: Way too much time these past few months gathering documents. Crazy. :cautious:

Obviously, I must have missed a post explaining the background of your comments above--are you going to take a vacation with kids in the pokey? ;) :hilarious::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom