The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

So when I woke up today, my throat hurt (scratchy, hurt to swallow) and I could barely talk. When I came home last night I my voice was pretty much lost. So after about a half hour of not feeling better I called in for a sub for the day. Then I had to go over to school and organize stuff quick for the sub and on my way into the building I slipped on the ice (there still wasn't any sand or salt put down in the staff parking area). I organized my stuff in 10 minutes and sent off a email about the ice to the maintenance guy. And now of course my throat is starting to feel better, but that could be the soothing impact of my coffee. Ugh.
Aww. Sick again and slipping on ice? Feel better soon.

MouseDreaming

It is bad here. Most homes have taken water especially the older ones. I went to sleep finally around 2am and when I woke up there was that ugh oh moment. It went from ponding water to like you were looking at Lake Michigan out there, most of the snow washed away while I slept and between the 3 inches of rain overnight sometime and melting snow on frozen ground Yikes!

My DD apartment build which is over 125 years old has streams in the basement it looks like it came in over the joints but there are at least 8 pumps in the basement and who knows what is up front as that is not a common area down there. There is a stream in her storage locker, only hers. But everything is on pallets down there and I bought her shelves and anything that can't get wet is on higher shelves. The River is almost as high as I've ever seen it, a few times higher but still what the heck?
We managed to make it through the rain! Even though it is flippin' cold out there, today, I am just happy to see some sunshine. We now have a skating pond on the side of the house, and across the street.

So glad all of your DD's stuff is up a little bit. Hope it stayed dry!

MouseDreaming

Have you tried Honey & Jam up by you? My DD and I went to Home and Garden in Arlington last Saturday and it was just down the road. We had heard yummy things about another one that opened. It was so good, especially my DDs choice. And their juice offerings remind me of Disney mixtures. Slurp. :hungry:
I have never been there, but we aren't going out for breakfast people, either. I am more of a sip hot coffee and lounge in my jammies person. When we do make it out for brunch, we usually hit Walker Brothers. :hungry:

MySmallWorldof4

Yikes BOG dinner pre fixe 55 adults, 35 kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That should cut down demand!
That is crazy. I saw the Prix Fix announcement but didn’t delve into the post. What is the purpose of doing this? Paying out of pocket for this is ridiculous. Do they want more people on the dining plan? I couldn’t imagine shelling out that kind of money for mediocre food, and there didn’t seem like that much variety. We have tried lunch there once and none of us were impressed. I prefer the simple Plaza with their reasonable prices. I will grab a cinnamon roll next door. Don’t need to go into the castle. Can you imagine for my family to eat there it would be over $400 with tip!!! That makes paying for the early morning magic seem almost reasonable!:oops:

MouseDreaming

Spent until way past bedtime last night building a dollhouse

View attachment 265697

Hopefully she'll love it because it took forever to put together and I had been building it in my closet so she wouldn't see it. Which means I've been living out of my laundry basket for a week because I couldn't get to my clothes :hilarious::hilarious:
It looks amazing! Nice work!

Figgy1

Premium Member
That is crazy. I saw the Prix Fix announcement but didn’t delve into the post. What is the purpose of doing this? Paying out of pocket for this is ridiculous. Do they want more people on the dining plan? I couldn’t imagine shelling out that kind of money for mediocre food, and there didn’t seem like that much variety. We have tried lunch there once and none of us were impressed. I prefer the simple Plaza with their reasonable prices. I will grab a cinnamon roll next door. Don’t need to go into the castle. Can you imagine for my family to eat there it would be over $400 with tip!!! That makes paying for the early morning magic seem almost reasonable!:oops:
New fancier menu but still a pass for us. We usually do one "fancy" meal where we get "dressed"(nice but not to the nines) and just enjoy the food but something tells me this won't be the place to do it. The place doesn't even have to be a signature the only requirement is it has to be a place with good food, decent drink selection and we don't feel rushed eating

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom