The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Pixieish

Cool about your mom! :)
I've heard those rules from an arborist, as well.
Here, at least in most areas of Austin proper, you must have special permission to remove any tree with a trunk diameter of 19" or more, and removal of "heritage trees" (trunk diameters of 24" or more) is prohibited, unless it is a safety issue or prevents "reasonable land use". Those are very rarely granted. Also, in many circumstances, they require an "adequate replacement tree" to be planted somewhere on the property if an existing tree is allowed to be removed.
From 2014-2016, Austin preserved 43,000 trees, approved the removal of 23,000, and required the planting of 24,000 replacement trees.

WHOA...that's a lot of tree regulations! Where I am, we're surrounded by ENORMOUS eastern white pines...I'm talking in the neighborhood of three feet in diameter in some cases and they can grow to be 230ft. tall...there are no regulations for what you cut down on your own property. We had 5 REALLY big pines (around 30" in diameter) cut down around our house because there was too much shade and they were so close that it was causing issues with the siding. They had to not only have dudes climb them and cut them off in sections, but they also brought in a crane to lift them over the house. It was pretty crazy, but the neighborhood kids had a blast watching!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I fly out on Saturday morning. I am staying over in Minneapolis tomorrow night so I don't have to get up at 3am to get to the airport and hubs can't drive me. I am finally all caught up on work and I'm getting pretty excited! I do plan on taking lots of pictures, so don't worry! Thanks for the safe travels wishes.

That's happy news. I'm sure it will also be fun staying over in Minneapolis. Never been to Minneapolis, and I'll bet it's nice there. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Cool about your mom! :)
I've heard those rules from an arborist, as well.
Here, at least in most areas of Austin proper, you must have special permission to remove any tree with a trunk diameter of 19" or more, and removal of "heritage trees" (trunk diameters of 24" or more) is prohibited, unless it is a safety issue or prevents "reasonable land use". Those are very rarely granted. Also, in many circumstances, they require an "adequate replacement tree" to be planted somewhere on the property if an existing tree is allowed to be removed.
From 2014-2016, Austin preserved 43,000 trees, approved the removal of 23,000, and required the planting of 24,000 replacement trees.

That's an amazing preservation effort, and thank goodness your city is protecting the older trees. :inlove: And, I'll also bet that your fine city doesn't use that creepy fake grass, like a certain section of a certain theme park does. ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Two years! Hubby is looking at condo's with everything provided....no more yard work, gutter work, keeping up the painting ( over 27 foot high) me....on a ladder....no more. And so many other things....hubby is keeping up with the driveway, and gutters. But he hates being on a ladder .....so he is ready to move.....about time....we were supposed to live the last few years of my pick....I went where ever his job took us. Now, I'm picking somewhere warm (Florida....here we come). No property taxes. So hubby is in!
YEA! CONGRATS and hello roomie:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom