The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I really thought that I was going to be able to administer my eye drops to myself before my cataract surgery on Tuesday. However, after missing my eye totally the few times I tried, my husband did the task with no difficulty at all. I am usually super independent for things like this. However, this time, I am sure glad he is home all day, and can put in my drops. They must go in four times a day before surgery and countless times as long as 4 weeks after surgery.
I have drops for allergies and my trick is to turn my head slightly and drop the drop in the corner of my eye and let it trickle down across my eye, if that makes sense. Can you do that? It makes it so much easier. If you try to do it straight into the eye, you miss or flinch...or at least I do.

MySmallWorldof4

More than you would expect, actually. We had a hard time finding girls who would take them. I think probably it was more an issue of "Why are these strange people giving these away....what do they want from me?" than anything. And we were careful to ask the parents to make sure it was ok, but we managed to give them away in the end. The first girl was so sweet...her eyes lit up and she was obviously so excited. We tried to pick out girls who weren't wearing those 70 euro princess dresses...we wanted to give them to girls who didn't already have a souvenir and who didn't seem likely to have parents who were going to shell out that kind of money, and obviously no one who already had a pair of Minnie Ears. And no one who had a brother who was going to be upset that he didn't get something, too. I think it would go over better in WDW, though....homemade Disney crafts didn't seem to be a big thing in DLP. We hardly saw anyone with homemade ears and only one person commented on ours and that was a staff member from London. (I asked) I guess French people do not normally converse with strangers like Americans do?
I think Americans are definitely more friendly. I was in France in the 90's with my parents, and I remember thinking that they were not very warm people. Americans are way more outgoing.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My girlfriend has a Black Puli. Hard to get the shampoo in, shampoo out and press out the water from the dreadlocks. She said it takes forever for her pup to completely dry.
I love sweet little pulis:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: They take a bit of time to bathe but a kommondor(the white ones) are much larger and a bath is a sun up until sunup production:arghh:. Somebody thought it would be funny to give us kids one and it wound up show quality, thank goodness it was only shown when school wasn't in session:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Actually, I expect Remy to show up in France once they add the Ratatouille ride. I think a lot of those older movie characters will go the way of the dodo bird. We couldn't find any lady and the tramp stuff in DLP and it was even difficult in WDW in 2016 when we went...it's just not as popular now. Instead it's the princesses and Starwars.
My guys are seriously into Sw so that works for them and I like Rapunzel and Merida with a bit of frozen thrown in but I get what you're saying

Songbird76

I also had a similar reaction when I read it, too. However, considering none of us know the guidance counselor, we don't know what else she was dealing with that day--may have been something worse that day, that was going on.
On the one hand, I agree...but, for one, I can't imagine much worse than the aftermath of a suicide, and 2, even if there was something huge, I can't imagine it being an all-day thing. No, I don't know the situation, but I just can't imagine that your day would be FULL of things worse than the aftermath of a suicide. I can imagine having one thing, maybe even two, that are very serious and then you deal with those, but I can't imagine not being able to make ANY time. I can't believe that the entire day was accounted for with things more serious than that. But, who knows. I hope there were enough other people to help where needed.

Songbird76

She came in the next day. Actually, I didn't know this until the other day, but our middle school guidance counselor had been home sick and she came in later in the afternoon when she heard the news. I thought that was very dedicated of her because she was really sick last week.
Very dedicated....sounds like she is very happy with her job. Kudos to her!

Songbird76

I hope you are doing better. It is something I still cannot understand. Doing that is just completely final. It is sad that kids cannot see that there are time periods that just truly suck, but if you choose a right path you can hopefully get past the past and move on. Of course dealing with problems in that way requires a certain type of personality that some kids don't have, and it is sad that the adults that should be aware and helping just don't. Of course I am back seat psycho-analyzing and I have no clue about this situation. I just hope her poor soul is at peace.
I just find it so incredibly sad for her that whatever was wrong, she didn't feel like she had the support system to help her. Some kids just don't have the coping skills...how hopeless one has to feel to do that. And then I'm sure there are people in her life who feel responsible...however much they did to help her, she still didn't feel supported. I'm betting they feel like they failed her. I hope they get help for that, too.

Songbird76

The place is 100% vegan, but, whatever kinda' "mac 'n' cheese" it was it was delicious...!
I don't ever even remember hearing of seitan before Friday night, but, I still can't believe how delicious that sandwich was :hungry:, and I didn't feel like a bloated hog after downing it...!!! :in pain: :hilarious: ;)

Hope you try to make the seitan again, and it turns out well next time...! :)
I have never heard of Seitan...did it taste like meat? Obviously you enjoyed it. What did you think about the cauliflower wings? I had some at a vegetarian/vegan place and they were ok, but I wouldn't eat them again unless there was nothing else I liked. But then, there was nothing at that place that I would eat again if there was another option. Most people love it, but it's not my thing.

Songbird76

I think Americans are definitely more friendly. I was in France in the 90's with my parents, and I remember thinking that they were not very warm people. Americans are way more outgoing.
There was one girl that DD was trying to ask if she would like a pair of ears and she kept turning away...she didn't understand I think. We were in line for the train, so we were separated by a railing, and so DD tried to get the dad's attention and when he finally looked over, he gave her a look of disdain and turned away haughtily and studiously ignored her. DD looked at me with a very confused expression like..."who peed in his cheerios?" and I told her that some people might not trust someone they don't know. DH says he thinks maybe they thought we were selling them rather than giving them away.

MySmallWorldof4

I have never heard of Seitan...did it taste like meat? Obviously you enjoyed it. What did you think about the cauliflower wings? I had some at a vegetarian/vegan place and they were ok, but I wouldn't eat them again unless there was nothing else I liked. But then, there was nothing at that place that I would eat again if there was another option. Most people love it, but it's not my thing.
They have really yummy cauliflower buffalo bites at Chilis. Of course you don’t have any where you are. I found a really good recipe for them if you would want to try at home. https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/crispy-buffalo-cauliflower/#gs.IwEaCm0 There are loads of others too. Just saw a recipe for vegan buffalo cauliflower tacos. Intrigued. ;)

MySmallWorldof4

There was one girl that DD was trying to ask if she would like a pair of ears and she kept turning away...she didn't understand I think. We were in line for the train, so we were separated by a railing, and so DD tried to get the dad's attention and when he finally looked over, he gave her a look of disdain and turned away haughtily and studiously ignored her. DD looked at me with a very confused expression like..."who peed in his cheerios?" and I told her that some people might not trust someone they don't know. DH says he thinks maybe they thought we were selling them rather than giving them away.
Stinky attitude. Your idea would work much better at WDW. I think I read once in someones tr that they were giving small Minnie plushes to kids who looked sad and that went over very well. I guess it is just a cultural difference.

Songbird76

My guys are seriously into Sw so that works for them and I like Rapunzel and Merida with a bit of frozen thrown in but I get what you're saying
I was surprised DS didn't want to do any SW stuff...DH had to do it alone. DS actually only wanted to do Autopia and Buzz over and over and over. DH and I took turns and then I took BOTH kids for one morning and early afternoon so DH could go to Studios to do all the stuff he wanted to do there that neither of the kids wanted to do. I would have liked to do some of them, too, but someone had to stay with the kids, so we went and did the train and watched the glass blower and got a few souvenirs. I got DS a pin from inside-out that says "Today I'm feeling..." and then it has a dial where you can set it to whichever character. I'm going to have him take it to his session on Thursday to show his therapist...I think she'll like it, since that's one of the things we're working on.

Songbird76

They have really yummy cauliflower buffalo bites at Chilis. Of course you don’t have any where you are. I found a really good recipe for them if you would want to try at home. https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/crispy-buffalo-cauliflower/#gs.IwEaCm0 There are loads of others too. Just saw a recipe for vegan buffalo cauliflower tacos. Intrigued. ;)
That does sound intriguing! I didn't mind the wings I had, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get them. But they were far better than my main course...I got a veggie stirfry with satay sauce, but the satay sauce was a weird texture and the whole thing was just bitter and not good and I LOVE veggies and satay sauce. I don't know what they did to it, but I could only swallow about 3 bites before I was done and pretended to be full from the wings. I always thought I could be a vegetarian if it weren't for how much I love meat, because I really do like most veggies. That restaurant changed my mind. And everyone else RAVES about that restaurant. The friend I was with said she only goes there with "the girls" because her husband refuses to eat there...he thinks it seems too girly, because apparently men can't be vegan/vegetarians. So when we went to lunch, she jumped at the chance to go there and I thought it would be good for me to try something different. Blech. I won't be going back there.

Songbird76

Stinky attitude. Your idea would work much better at WDW. I think I read once in someones tr that they were giving small Minnie plushes to kids who looked sad and that went over very well. I guess it is just a cultural difference.
Yeah, and in all the youtube videos, people say they got tons of compliments on their ears. Only one person commented on ours. There was a family from Scotland in line to meet Gaston and the mom was wearing some really cute Beauty and the Beast ears and I asked her if she made them because I hadn't seen anyone else in the park with that kind and she said no, they were homemade, but she didn't make them. And her daughter had accidentally dropped her ears in a fountain or something and they were ruined...so we asked if she'd like a pair to replace them...no thanks. *sigh* We tried. They were a really nice family, though.

MySmallWorldof4

That does sound intriguing! I didn't mind the wings I had, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get them. But they were far better than my main course...I got a veggie stirfry with satay sauce, but the satay sauce was a weird texture and the whole thing was just bitter and not good and I LOVE veggies and satay sauce. I don't know what they did to it, but I could only swallow about 3 bites before I was done and pretended to be full from the wings. I always thought I could be a vegetarian if it weren't for how much I love meat, because I really do like most veggies. That restaurant changed my mind. And everyone else RAVES about that restaurant. The friend I was with said she only goes there with "the girls" because her husband refuses to eat there...he thinks it seems too girly, because apparently men can't be vegan/vegetarians. So when we went to lunch, she jumped at the chance to go there and I thought it would be good for me to try something different. Blech. I won't be going back there.
I have never been to a vegan/veggie restaurant before. I usually pick vegetarian/vegan items off a regular menu. Dh did the vegan thing with me for a year when I started almost 4 years ago. He eats vegetarian during the week, but on weekends he will get something with meat. I have no urge to go back to eating meat.

MySmallWorldof4

Yeah, and in all the youtube videos, people say they got tons of compliments on their ears. Only one person commented on ours. There was a family from Scotland in line to meet Gaston and the mom was wearing some really cute Beauty and the Beast ears and I asked her if she made them because I hadn't seen anyone else in the park with that kind and she said no, they were homemade, but she didn't make them. And her daughter had accidentally dropped her ears in a fountain or something and they were ruined...so we asked if she'd like a pair to replace them...no thanks. *sigh* We tried. They were a really nice family, though.
Unless maybe people are a little more wary of accepting things from strangers due to the crazy things in the world going on. Possible.

BAChicagoGal

I have drops for allergies and my trick is to turn my head slightly and drop the drop in the corner of my eye and let it trickle down across my eye, if that makes sense. Can you do that? It makes it so much easier. If you try to do it straight into the eye, you miss or flinch...or at least I do.

I didn't want to practice too much and waste expensive/important drops, so I gave up trying after two horrendous tries. My husband thinks that because I am so nervous about the entire process, that it is a mental thing with me. I do tend to over think a lot of things. So instead, he is putting in my drops, and so far the process has been super easy. I have a lot of drops ahead of me in the next 4+weeks. 4 weeks for this surgery, and I am assuming 4 weeks for the 2nd eye, but those eye drop weeks overlap for about two weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom