The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

That is such a sweet idea. :happy:When do you leave for the trip?
Next Tuesday. We will probably leave early in the morning so we have more park time. The GPS says it's a 6.5 hour drive. With stops for meals and potty breaks, we figure closer to 8...so we thought we'd leave maybe around 4 am if we can store the bags until check-in and then go explore the park for a while. We booked the Buffalo Bill Wild West show for that night at 9:30...the only time they had during our stay. We figure the kids will probably conk out in the car...I probably will too. Can't wait, though...I am so looking forward to a bit of magic and pixie dust!

Songbird76

@Songbird76 are you packed and ready to go? I'm not worried because I know your lists have lists, just curious. and thank you again I cut the whole tenderloin into steaks very easily:joyfull:
Packed, no, but I don't like to do that TOO far in advance because then I run out of clothes here. I actually don't have many lists for this trip and it's driving me batty. You can't do fastpasses, buffets don't have menus like WDW does so choosing restaurants has been crazy. The table service and quick service places have menus, except in Disney Village, for which I found a different website which is a Godsend. But really, the only thing we have planned is the hotel, the BBWW show, and a meal at Hunters Grill...still trying to figure out which other meal to book. I feel like I'm going in half blind. The only list I have so far is for quick service restaurants and what kind of food is at each one. I need to make a packing list, too, though.

Songbird76

Yes we do and with no problem my grandfather in law bought us several nice bread knives. I'm hoping my dh's grandfather and @Songbird76's father are enjoying their knife store in the sky.
Perhaps they have discussed their favorite brands...did your grandfather like milkshakes? I can see my dad having a milkshake and discussing the worst storm years, and knife companies. He always said he and a friend would get together and have all the world's problems solved, but no one would listen to them.

BAChicagoGal

Maybe your phone is a dud? That would stink. :(I hope your appointments all go well this week. :)

Honestly, if your phone keeps freezing and it's brand new, just have them exchange it. No sense dealing with a faulty phone. I've dealt with Apple's customer support, and they were very nice. Just ask them if you can exchange it. :)

The 2nd time that my phone froze, I took it to the TMobile store that is just a block away from my house. The employee there told me that my manufacture's warranty gave me the option to take it to an Apple store, and ask for a new phone. So after the third freeze, I called TMobile's Customer Service, and made sure that this information was correct. They said it was. So I made the appointment. However, will they want to try and fix it first, before just giving me a replacement? I guess time will tell.

Songbird76

I was better with my DD but with my son I was so huge (he was a big baby) I could not lay down and sleep. I spent about two months sleeping in a recliner before he was born. (and about 3 months after as he was not a sleep oriented baby:cautious:many reasons for 5 years between my kids). The Dad though has horrible issues with laying flat, coughing fits. Doc told him a combo of beer and being overweight in the belly. The doc went onto say the beer did something to the throat/esophagus that made it relax too much and then boom coughing fits. So I guess sometimes it is allergies and sometimes a throat that is just too happy. Me, I'm doing that allergy thing now. With the wind we are having it isn't helping.
Yep, DD was 9 lb 4 oz. (4205 g) Big baby...and also didn't like sleep unless it was in someone's arms, which is not conducive to a good night's sleep.
I'm fine now, though...whatever was causing my coughing and tickly throat only lasted a few days and it's gone now.

Songbird76

Levis are cut too straight in the hips for me. I've found comfortable jeans from L L Bean (they have quite a few different fits for women--everything from slim cuts to curvey.) :)
The ones I found that fit best were at Walmart, believe it or not. I accidentally sent all but one pair of pants home with my husband after dad's funeral and had nothing to wear while those were in the wash. So I made a walmart run and got 2 pairs of Riders by Lee and they fit pretty well. Lane Bryant had some I loved back in 2010 for curves, but there's no Lane Bryant anywhere near where my dad lived, so Walmart was pretty much the only option. I was resigned to getting something that would work and I wasn't expecting to find anything I actually liked...I HATE shopping for pants! Even curvey models aren't usually curvey enough for me.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Never heard of the Kingsmen before. (Then again, with most movies I don't pay attention to what's new.)

I did recently buy the Wonder Woman DVD and watched it yesterday. Thank goodness I was also reading the Sunday newspaper, with the movie on in the background--just couldn't get into it. Hubs might watch it this week at some point, and I'll see if he likes it.

There are two Kingsmen movies, one came out a couple years ago and one now in theaters. It is a action/spy/comedy type movie. Collin Firth is in them and that is good.:)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It covers both the fancy and the schmancy:hilarious:

I wouldn't mind living there. All my Disney collectibles would make it look great for sure!

It's weird no Emma, Henry all grown up and Friday night:confused:

Yeah, it is weird with Henry grown up. I'm not sure I like the girl playing Cinderella, she has a whiny tone to her voice. I saw her on another show a couple years ago and she was a little whiny on that show too but I thought it was just on that show but she still has that annoying voice tone. But I'll probably get used to it. Otherwise it should be interesting to see how things develop.

Pizza Hut??????? Sorry about your busy week.

Yeah Pizza Hut, maybe not the world's best pizza but I do like it from time to time. I like the crust on the deep dish. Plus it reminds me of being a kid and getting the free pizzas from the Book It program.

The week is busy for both of us, I have parent teacher conferences today from 11 to 7, so the plus is I get to go in later and enjoy the morning with Kapono. We have already had a great walk and breakfast on the porch.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The 2nd time that my phone froze, I took it to the TMobile store that is just a block away from my house. The employee there told me that my manufacture's warranty gave me the option to take it to an Apple store, and ask for a new phone. So after the third freeze, I called TMobile's Customer Service, and made sure that this information was correct. They said it was. So I made the appointment. However, will they want to try and fix it first, before just giving me a replacement? I guess time will tell.

Well if they tell you they want to fix it just be firm that you want a new one. How long ago did you buy the phone? At my Verizon place I had the option to return the phone for any reason for up to a week.

Goofyernmost

Fun fact...the reason people slept sitting up is they were less likely to snore. People believed that your soul would escape from your mouth if it opened while you were sleeping. They slept sitting up to keep their mouth from opening and allowing the soul to escape their body.
I think they were far more concerned about their wives taking matters into their own hands along with a sharp instrument.
In this day and age, Sleep Apnea is also a reason why many can sleep better sitting up. The air passageways stay open and one is able to sleep. Lessened snoring is just a happy side affect.

MySmallWorldof4

Next Tuesday. We will probably leave early in the morning so we have more park time. The GPS says it's a 6.5 hour drive. With stops for meals and potty breaks, we figure closer to 8...so we thought we'd leave maybe around 4 am if we can store the bags until check-in and then go explore the park for a while. We booked the Buffalo Bill Wild West show for that night at 9:30...the only time they had during our stay. We figure the kids will probably conk out in the car...I probably will too. Can't wait, though...I am so looking forward to a bit of magic and pixie dust!
Sounds like excellent fun! Hoping you post lots of pictures!!:)

Ok I've got to ask in case no one else has...what is OUAT?
Had to look that up myself.;)
Yep, DD was 9 lb 4 oz. (4205 g) Big baby...and also didn't like sleep unless it was in someone's arms, which is not conducive to a good night's sleep.
I'm fine now, though...whatever was causing my coughing and tickly throat only lasted a few days and it's gone now.
9 lb 4 oz???? Goodness! :eek: Just saying that cause my kids ranged from just over 6lbs to just over 8lbs.;)
There are two Kingsmen movies, one came out a couple years ago and one now in theaters. It is a action/spy/comedy type movie. Collin Firth is in them and that is good.:)
Colin Firth=my British crush. :inlove: I didn't know he would be in the second Kingsmen movie. The first one I liked. It was a bit gory for my taste though, but the story is good.

BAChicagoGal

Well if they tell you they want to fix it just be firm that you want a new one. How long ago did you buy the phone? At my Verizon place I had the option to return the phone for any reason for up to a week.

Today, I was trying to delete an app I did not like, and yes it froze again. The little reset they post does not always work first time you try it. I certainly would not want to be stuck with a phone forever that has this problem. My husband says to let it stay frozen the next time until my appointment. Not sure I want to do that. Anyhow 4 freezes in the last 8 days. Had the phone less than 2 weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom