The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
There's something theraputic about going through boxes you haven't been in for awhile. I'm on a mission! Reduce, reuse, recycle, declutter or as my mom says, "Time to get this s*** out of here." :joyfull: I found a box with about 20 WDW refillable mugs I forgot I had. :cyclops:

It took me 3 days to clean out the spare room upstairs because I kept running into cool stuff to look through. I did manage to weed out a lot of stuff and it was fun to see stuff I'd forgotten about.

betty rose

I bought some zucchini at the farmers market and I decided to make something my mom used to make all the time in the summer for us: chocolate zucchini cake! Hubby said he has never had zucchini cake before and he said he was a bit scared, I think he expected chunks of zucchini, but he enjoyed it. I wish I could share with you all it is tasty.

View attachment 221803
That looks really good. I need some chocolate right now.

Cesar R M

To go here...

View attachment 221826

Or go here..

View attachment 221827 Decisions, decisions...
KrCWaQT.gif

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Be warned there's going to be a big Frozen push in 2019 with Frozen 2 coming out. An animated series launching with the service would not surprise me at all. For a very long while we had Disney Family Movies added to our cable for $7 a month it was worth every penny for a selection of mostly older movies and shorts. My boys got to see what I grew up with:joyfull: My decision will be based on what's available on the service. I'm hoping for a mix of old and new movies and Disney and Disney XD shows for a fair price.

Oh NO! Not another Frozen??!!! :eek: :depressed:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I bought some zucchini at the farmers market and I decided to make something my mom used to make all the time in the summer for us: chocolate zucchini cake! Hubby said he has never had zucchini cake before and he said he was a bit scared, I think he expected chunks of zucchini, but he enjoyed it. I wish I could share with you all it is tasty.

View attachment 221803

Oh my God . . . that looks DELICIOUS!!!!!! :jawdrop: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :joyfull:

MouseDreaming

It is pretty good. I am freezing up a lot of it. Another church bake sale is coming up soon so when the time comes my baked good donation will be ready to go out of the freezer.
I used to make zucchini bread a lot, but it never occurred to me to try zucchini cake. Looks delish!:hungry:

It also never occurred to me to make bake sale stuff now for a bake sale later. That is probably why I am that person the night before trying to figure out what the heck I am going to bring.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I used to make zucchini bread a lot, but it never occurred to me to try zucchini cake. Looks delish!:hungry:

It also never occurred to me to make bake sale stuff now for a bake sale later. That is probably why I am that person the night before trying to figure out what the heck I am going to bring.

My mom used to make vanilla zucchini cake too but I liked the chocolate the best. I try to keep something in the freezer that I can pull out quick for church if needed. If it is for a bake sale I usually have plenty of warning but sometimes hubby asks if I can make something and he doesn't always give me a lot of warning.

donaldtoo

Yeah, there's a museum just outside Arnhem where you can walk the battle fields where the allies marched, and they show a video about Operation Market Garden, and there are old uniforms, patches, military vehicles, and scenes set up so you can learn about the battles in that area. I think it would be right up your alley if you ever decide to come to the Netherlands for a vacation. I've been there and found it fascinating. There's also a memorial by the John Frost bridge...Airborneplein, and if you walk from there to the left side of the city center (centrum) there's a canon on a platform (Airborne Monument) and sometimes they have veterans who are there and will answer questions. My dad chatted with one for quite a while when he came and visited.

I wonder if there's any sort of museum for the Battle of the Bulge...if there is, I'd like to see it. My uncle fought in it and we THINK that's where he was wounded. We know he was shot, and that he came home with PTSD, but he wouldn't ever talk about the war, so we don't really know the details. But after he died, his sister-in-law (my other uncle's wife) told us he had been in the Battle of the Bulge. He was 13 years older than my mom, and her other brother was 10 years her senior...it's possible he told his brother more than he told my mom, so they probably knew more than we did. But I'd sure like to see some of that history.

Yes, those would definitely be places I would want to visit if we ever came out that way. I have been interested in WWII history for almost as far back as I can remember.

I have known many WWII vets over the years, and even worked for one at my first job at a local go-kart track while I was in HS.
Many had no problem talking about it, others avoided it like the plague, and everything in between.
The gentleman I worked for at the go-kart track was a Seabee (Naval Construction Battallion - "CB" - they came in after the initial invasion forces to set up temporary and permanent infrastructure), and he had no problem talking about his experiences and shared many stories with us.
He even made the cover of an issue of Stars and Stripes magazine. He was driving a Jeep across an island airfield (I believe it was either Peleliu or Tinian) when a Japanese holdout sniper shot a hole through his dress uniform cap, missing his head by about an inch. He showed us his copy of that issue that he kept for all those years.
I really appreciated him sharing what he did with us, but, I also more than understand why so many vets tried like heck to never speak anything of any of it and wished there was some way they could never remember any of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom