The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

So, I just had a stray thought, as I was looking at the damaged trees. Whenever a big storm like that hits, I wonder what the birds do? In other words, I wonder if they have a way of knowing that a storm is coming, and if they fly miles away to safety, prior to the storm's arrival?

This thought entered my mind, as I recall years ago, just prior to when the tsunami hit the Phillipines, all the animals went up to the tops of the highest hills to safety. Don't know if it was something they smelled in the air, or some vibrations from the ground, etc., but they all knew to get the heck out.
Birds definitively have the tendency of flying away on storms.

The sad part about the tsunami is, a lot still died because the tsunami went more than 20 miles inland.
I remember how elephants actually drowned in one of the hardest hit areas, and they were running infront of all the people at around 40Km/h or faster.. and they were MILES away from the coast. D:

Figgy1

Premium Member
They really are!! DD only has one more year of elementary school. And she's extremely grown up and mature. DS is going into 5th grade, which is scary for this mama!! He still seems so young to me! But a lot can happen in a short time. We're enjoying our days out. I'm excited for the Efteling....I'll have a lot of pictures to post of that one, I hope. That reminds me, where does one post a trip report that is non-Disney?
I guess you could start a thread in general chit chat:joyfull:

donaldtoo

Well now, that was interesting. And, just more proof the weather people don't have clue one...
I posted about our 7-day forecast yesterday. Basically, 102-ish all week with no chance of rain.
As I was leaving to get my haircut the sky was getting dark. Got to the place, and the Lightning started flying. A few minutes later the bottom dropped out. Rain coming down in sheets. The power went off and on 4 times during my haircut.
Looks like that may be all for us today, but, the hill country to the west is definitely getting a pounding right now. :cyclops:

StarWarsGirl

We were going to go to the zoo today. I checked the weather app on my phone and it said cloudy with zero chance of rain. As I was checking the weather in my phone, the skies opened up and dropped buckets of rain on us :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So we went to Bob Evans for piggy pancakes and then went to the bookstore to play with Thomas the Train :inlove:
We're getting that rain here now.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well now, that was interesting. And, just more proof the weather people don't have clue one...
I posted about our 7-day forecast yesterday. Basically, 102-ish all week with no chance of rain.
As I was leaving to get my haircut the sky was getting dark. Got to the place, and the Lightning started flying. A few minutes later the bottom dropped out. Rain coming down in sheets. The power went off and on 4 times during my haircut.
Looks like that may be all for us today, but, the hill country to the west is definitely getting a pounding right now. :cyclops:

So, what you're telling us is that you have a rather "stylish" haircut, then? Or, perhaps your barber is so talented that he can easily cut hair in the dark? :D

StarWarsGirl

Meh . . . 4 times . . . Tour de France. Oh, big deal. ;)

I ride a bike, too. Rode to church this morning, then to Walgreens for the Sunday newspaper, and then home. Didn't need no fancy yellow jersey, nor a cheering crowd either! :p :D
A vice president of one if the departments at my company rides his bike to work. Only we don't have bike racks, so he keeps the bike in his office. And he wears one of those yellow suits to ride. So every day that the weather is nice at precisely 4 pm I hear him wheeling his bike down the hall, and think, "Whelp, he's leaving for the day." :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom