The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

I totally recommend The Polite Pig. First, the 6 of us ate for $53. We had one kids meal shared between 2 kids. I had 3 sides, the watermelon salad, brussels sprouts, and roasted corn. Dh had the fried chicken sandwich, ds had the kids ribs, and dd15 had the chicken wings. They were more like drumettes and there were 6 or 7 of them. Loads of meat. Dh was very pleased with the meal especially considering we were sort of arguing about where to eat. But all was good in the end. Plenty of seating as well and we were there just after 12. Maybe 12:30?
View attachment 215942 View attachment 215943
I'm glad that you liked it. It was one of my recommendation's. I'm going there in June. So much food....so little money.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@ajrwdwgirl , I just wanted to say WELCOME HOME! I started to type that this morning (before I had to get ready for work), but the DOG decided to run around with my sock. I had to run after him and retrieve it, or I'd never see it again . . . in one piece, that is . . . :cautious: Then I was running behind getting ready for work, and logged out quickly here.

So I'm dying to hear all your trip impressions. Really enjoyed the snippets you've shared so far about D23. Are you home now for the rest of the summer, or do you have more trips planned?!! :p

DOG??? Boy you must have been annoyed...you could have just middle named him but DOG??? :p

i_love_jack_round_sticker-rc2a3ed4088994e32a0dc159d116a7f61_v9wth_8byvr_324.jpg

betty rose

I agree with this. I helped my friend's kids one year and was shocked at the amount of homework they had. They'd get home from school and basically do homework until bedtime, with *maybe* a half an hour to watch tv or take a walk outside. The weekend was the only playing time they had. I think some subjects definitely need reinforcement outside of the classroom, but I also think less overall homework would be a really great step in the right direction.
I wanted to be on the honor roll. So I ate dinner, and went to my bedroom until 11 O'clock ; doing homework. Mom and Dad weren't happy about the late hours, but I stayed on the honor roll all through high school. We had a class of 700 graduating. Hubby and I were in the top 5%. All the work paid off. Was it all worth it? I would say yes....we both had a good foundation for working, and had a work ethic too. I spent many hours doing overtime without pay. I just felt that my job was very important. My boss would reward me in small ways, and I appreciated it very much. We were "poor" at the time, and lived in government subsidizes housing. I worked in the accounting dept. for Kroger, and boss would pass along rib eye steaks, and he paid for them. His kindness was much appreciated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom