The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I also got bored. I got to iron pillow cases and sheets all summer long, with no air-conditioning. That was the outing I needed!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D
I don't bother ironing those things. If we don't need things ironed for a party/business meeting, I don't do it. Especially in the Summer. No one is going to see my wrinkly sheets, and I don't care whether they are ironed or not. If it's not going to affect my health, it's not important enough to be miserable.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't bother ironing those things. If we don't need things ironed for a party/business meeting, I don't do it. Especially in the Summer. No one is going to see my wrinkly sheets, and I don't care whether they are ironed or not. If it's not going to affect my health, it's not important enough to be miserable.

Ironing equals :depressed: . I rarely iron anything! Most of my stuff is wrinkle free, and I've never even heard of ironing sheets? o_O

Figgy1

Premium Member
I get that I am afraid to admit. Toy my bet is something your boys would not enjoy and likely not your DH. Avatarland would be the draw-2 rides. Not that I like it or endorse it but I can see where your hubby is coming from. 2021 is way to long and who the heck knows what will materialize or just cut out. It has happened before and will likely happen again.

I look at Flight and all those years to build. It isn't ADA friendly nor is great for the tall. Would have thought they learned from Dwarf.
The like is for being so spot on. We all love TS so there's hope if the area is done as well as Seuss we'll find some fun things to do there

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ha! Sometimes, I come up short...TL day was one of them. I was ready to scream! I didn't...but I WANTED to. Thank goodness we were in Disney and there were plenty of other fun things to do.
One of the good things about older kids is we can split up and all do what we want when we want. That being said most of the things we did on vacation was together.:joyfull:

Songbird76

Dang he is adorable. My kids loved all that stuff about Norway too. When they were small the playground viking ship was added. They loved to play on it especially at night. The darkness added mystique. Climbing up into the ship was a must do for them everytime we passed. It was built 10 years after the pavilion opened and closed 10 years later. Poof gone.
epcot_norway_viking_ship_stock_by_disney_stock.jpg
Huh....I wonder why they took it away? Did someone get hurt? I think it's sad that nowadays, people have no sense of personal accountability...their kid gets hurt as kids do, and it must be Disney's fault and so they take away the fun things because it's a "liability". I'm a clutz...if I sued the city or a company every time I tripped or ran into something, etc, I'd LIVE in court. Accidents happen...you dust the kids off and move on.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Huh....I wonder why they took it away? Did someone get hurt? I think it's sad that nowadays, people have no sense of personal accountability...their kid gets hurt as kids do, and it must be Disney's fault and so they take away the fun things because it's a "liability". I'm a clutz...if I sued the city or a company every time I tripped or ran into something, etc, I'd LIVE in court. Accidents happen...you dust the kids off and move on.
Not Frozen enough :cautious:

Songbird76

Ironing equals :depressed: . I rarely iron anything! Most of my stuff is wrinkle free, and I've never even heard of ironing sheets? o_O
Oh my MIL irons EVERYTHING and is quite appalled that I don't. She irons UNDERWEAR. Dishtowels, sheets, jeans...literally everything. I iron almost nothing. If my husband needs a button-down shirt for a work thing, I'll iron it for him. I have like..2 or 3 things that need to be ironed and I only wear them for special occasions because of that. And I iron in batches...IF DH needs a shirt and I'm getting out the iron and board, I also do my stuff at the same time so I only have to iron once and then it's ready for the next time I want to wear it. If DH has no need of dress shirts, which usually he doesn't, everything will wait until he does and then I do it all at once and it's done.

Songbird76

One of the good things about older kids is we can split up and all do what we want when we want. That being said most of the things we did on vacation was together.:joyfull:
Yeah, we can split up to a certain extent, but the kids aren't old enough to be off on their own. So one of us has to be with them at all times. Usually, DS prefers daddy, and DD prefers mommy. But at BB, DD wanted to do a lot of the rides and I was limited with my hip as to what I could do and I'm not a thrill ride girl, so I had to stay with DS. I don't know how long I spent looking for DH so I could have a turn on the lazy river, but I couldn't find him and I couldn't convince DS to go on it with me. In a few years, the kids will be old enough to do their own thing so we'll be able to as well, and DD is already really good about it...if we want to do something and she doesn't, she won't mind waiting while we go. But DS will whine about being bored, complain about having to wait, and generally make it miserable for whomever is left with him. I'm hoping he will grow out of that when he realizes he can complain all he wants, but we don't give in. So far, he hasn't realized that he's complaining a lot and we're ignoring it and his complaining is not working. But, we'll see as he gets older. And I fully intend to take a trip WITHOUT them for our 25th anniversary. Only 9 years to wait.:rolleyes::cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom