The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

That is so sweet! TY!

I was vegetarian for a while, now I just don't eat pig or cow. No religious meaning behind my avoidance, just don't really like pig or cow and it makes me kind of sad to eat them - since they care for their babies.

As for chickens, turkeys, fish, crab - for some reason, I have no problem eating them. I get some strange looks when I describe my eating habits! :confused::eek:o_O

No problem, your welcome!
Hope they can figure it all out for ya', soon! :)

I just can't imagine a diet without meat in it. I LOVE me some veggies, too, but, I gots to have me some beef and pork on a pretty regular basis, plus, all that other stuff in the bottom sentence, as well. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And how about the Maine nurse suing because she was quarantined. What an idiot. Granted Northern Maine is the middle of nowhere but still...what if she had ebola and she lived in a populated area?

This hysteria over individuals that are not asymptomatic is mind-numbing.

This country needs to get itself together as we are being watched by the World for direction as a medically advanced nation and we don't need a repeat of Kokomo. We as a nation should have learned from Ryan White not to lead by hysteria. Maybe the politicians will stop trumping medical protocol as soon as the pending election is over.

Gabe1

Trick or treat! I'm ringing the door to your house now. Please don't turn me away because I'm just a little bit older than most (all) of the kids . . . :jawdrop: :hilarious:

We have a family and so many of their extended family living in a rented home on our road. I was dumbfounded when the one kid in their house rang my door bell and I gave her the treat then 8 adults walked up to the door and put out their grocery store bags for their candy. :arghh:

But for you my dear, I'll give you two since you asked nicely. :D

donaldtoo

Hee, hee . . . poor little Donald, "shivering" ??? in 60-degree heat! :hilarious: :hilarious:

Oh, sure, make fun of us...
But, tomorrow night when we're all suffering from a mind-and-body-numbing 48 here, you'll be sorry...!!! :mad: :bored:

bundle-up.png

:joyfull: :D ;) :)

Gabe1

Oh, sure. make fun of us...
But, tomorrow night when we're all suffering from a mind-and-body-numbing 48 here, you'll be sorry...!!! :mad: :bored:

bundle-up.png

:joyfull: ;) :)

Ha! Will be 29 tonight. Is supposed to be very nasty for Halloween here. :cautious:

My DD always got a kick out of the girls from China at her University especially the Freshman. Wearing their new Parka's when it went into the 60's. She always thought as she looked at them 'wait for it' for when the sub freezing weather arrived and the first big snow.

Gabe1

You hand out full sized candy and chocolate??? :jawdrop:

For a good 15 years I'd say. It really isn't anymore expensive that handing the kids a couple small pieces especially after they shrunk the piece count in the fun size bags now. I buy it at Sam's Club. My DD picks it out, for years via cell phone and she gets the leftovers though I also have been known to mail crunch bars to my son (shhhh)

My DD has already said the Kazoolzers are not going in the tricker treat basket though, she is coveting them. :hungry:

My goal next year is to try and be a teal pumpkin house. Where you have treats for children with allergies. I learned of this too late to get my act together sadly. Wish the media would put out stuff like this way before the event.

donaldtoo

I have other quirks/pet peeves which I never had before I become manager of a bunch of idiots and stupid customers. I honestly could write a book on things customer say or did. One person was like I didn't like my sandwich, can I get a refund? It's like you ate it. Morons. The lot of them. Can you tell retail is not for me? I've applied to Disney though. Actually could have gone for an interview....hourly interview where they pay like 8 an hour. Thinking back, what an idiot I am. Could have got a better job already.

So could all of us that have ever worked retail for any appreciable amount of time, not to mention stupid coworkers. And I worked several retail jobs over a 4+ year period.
But, I mostly learned to just roll with it, otherwise it'll make ya' bonkers.
Also, I worked at The Disney Store (that was the one retail job I kept the whole time) for over four years, 1+ as a Lead Mgr.

That place could get as crazy as crazy comes, but, all it took was making one special needs child's day, or so many other children's or adults days, for that matter, to dial me back down. Ultimately, That's what we were there for, in my eyes, anyway.
I ALWAYS checked my attitude at the door before I went "on stage", 'cause I knew, once I went on shift, it wasn't about me anymore, nor should it have been. I was hired to do a "Magical" job, and I did it darn well with a smile on my face all the time, if not a tear in my eye, more than a few times.

I also stood my ground with a smile on my face, when I knew it was the right thing to do.
I once had a Guest get quite miffed with me when I asked her for her ID during a credit purchase.
I politely explained the policy as she reluctantly provided me with ID, as she griped quite loudly through the rest of the transaction. I still, of course, wished her a (non-sarcastic) "Have a Magical Day!"
As the other Guests in queue that witnessed approached, they all were very encouraging to me.
About ten minutes later, I noticed the miffed guest back in queue again.
All I could think was... "Oh carp, what now?!"
She waited patiently, and I again greeted her very politely. She then, quite to my astonishment, profusely apologized for her previous behavior. I told her that it was not a problem, we all have our bad days.
I also told her that it spoke very well of her character that she came back to do that, which, of course, then made her feel good. Win-win. She also came back many more times after while I worked at TDS. We had formed a bond. :happy:

Also, all my coworkers were about...
"Did that REALLY just happen?!?! That's NEVER happened to me...!!! :jawdrop:"
:)

donaldtoo

Both of my kids had the goal of learning to juggle this year. When I saw the video of my DS actually juggling I thought I'd wet myself laughing so hard. Still have it on my phone. If I need a good laugh or miss him I'll watch it.

My DD, it took a bit longer but she got it. She also had Walt to contend with. She started with knotted bandannas 'cause they fall slower.

Do tell!
Self-taught, internet, what...?! o_O
Thanks! :)

Gabe1

Do tell!
Self-taught, internet, what...?! o_O
Thanks! :)

It started when DS was home for a wedding and 'the girl' knew how to juggle, she started DD who wanted to learn with the bandannas and ManChild with Walters Tennis Balls (had to add a word there) ManChild seemed to get it quicker but they are both pretty good at it now.
And the sides, and a nice beverage to wash it (and any family drama) down. Oh holidays... :rolleyes:

I'm so glad I've found some new friends to get through the holidays with!!

That is the perk isn't it? Oh the stories we tell, which you might know if you've been lurking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom