The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I feel that way at most parties too. My hubs is an extrovert so he likes parties, actually the worst part is when we stop to talk to people and he stands right in front of me and I have to awkwardly move so I can be part of the conversation. He says he doesn't do it on purpose. I also hate at "parties" when all the women wind up in one area and all the guys are in another. I tend to get bored sitting with the women. And I feel more comfortable around the guys but I don't want the women thinking I'm being a witch or that I can't be separated from my husband.

I know I wanted to say that my parents knew it would tick her off in the future that's why they did it and be the smarty pants, but when she told me that I just stayed silent and looked at her. Then she admitted it was a crazy thought. It did not endear me to her though, it just confirmed that she was crazy.
Oh, I'm pretty much uncomfortable around EVERYONE at parties. I usually feel like I don't fit in anywhere and people are wishing I would just go away. (I have some issues with insecurity and anxiety) Logically, I know they probably aren't...like Dr. Phil always says "You wouldn't worry about what people think about you if you knew how seldom they do" but jerk brain doesn't always listen to that logic. Sometimes, like this weekend, I find a group that is so inclusive and welcoming, I can't help but have fun, even if I'm only there because they are my BROTHER'S friends and I'm staying with him. They are so much fun to hang out with that it's infectious.

I wouldn't have known what to say to that revelation....I would have stayed silent, too. A friend of my brother's told me when I was moving to the Netherlands "Yeah, I asked him if it was going to bother him, you being so far away, and he told me that it was going to be nice to have some distance between you." What do you even say to something like that? And WHY would you TELL someone that a person said something so mean-spirited about them? Where is the filter??

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Swim Diapers? Those were a staple before disposables. The water proof was to keep liquids in not out. :in pain:
:joyfull:

Swim diapers of the new millennium are a different creature.
Different materials used to manufacture that make them far more user friendly for the young.

My solution to the bad swim diapers of yesteryear was to take toddler training undies and they put the vinyl pant over that. It was so much thinner and didn't retain the water weight that the old ones did.

Gabe1

Prayers and pixie dust

Thanks. The water has come down a little bit but it is likely going to take a week for all the flooded areas to return to normal. It rained last night but I don't think it poured, still drizzle now.

The wind has been blowing so hard that you get wet everytime you go out. Need a freak'n poncho over my winter coat. Have I mentioned that I have enough of being WET? :mad:

Cesar R M

BAChicagoGal

Why do people feel the need to run and tell someone something "bad" that another person has said about them? Do they think they are doing them a favor, when they are definitely hurting their feelings. I had this very thing happen to someone I know. Her immediate reaction was to confront that person with/about the bad comment, the first time they meet. This is why I have few friends. People can be so cruel at times.

Gabe1

I feel that way at most parties too. My hubs is an extrovert so he likes parties, actually the worst part is when we stop to talk to people and he stands right in front of me and I have to awkwardly move so I can be part of the conversation. He says he doesn't do it on purpose. I also hate at "parties" when all the women wind up in one area and all the guys are in another.

That is one of my pet peeves too and you wonder how that started with him? Or people sitting on a coach or sitting at a table that shift themselves sideways to either consciously or unconsciously, depending on the person turn their back and block a person from the conversation. Or the twits that start speaking with another person in a group in hushed tones to exclude others.

I like mixed groups of men and woman, also a fan of mixed ages. I swear everytime I've been to an event family or otherwise that divides by men and woman the gals are turned into event coordinators meaning serve food, clean up food etc.
I know one lady who hosts her hubbies poker parties with the guys. Like the husband can't get the food and drinks and clean it all up for his buddies?

Figgy1

Thanks. The water has come down a little bit but it is likely going to take a week for all the flooded areas to return to normal. It rained last night but I don't think it poured, still drizzle now.

The wind has been blowing so hard that you get wet everytime you go out. Need a freak'n poncho over my winter coat. Have I mentioned that I have enough of being WET? :mad:
Hugs xoxo

betty rose

Envy!
I would love to be in one of these haunted places!

I'm sorry you are having such rotten weather. I'm glad the family is safe. I saw those babies being taken out of an upside down car this morning. It turned out well, very courageous people to step in and help, those are true hero's.

betty rose

Envy!
I would love to be in one of these haunted places!
It is fun to think that someone loves the place, enough that they can't let go. There is a building next to the hotel, that has more disturbing stories. You can do a tour, if you are over 21 and sign a waver. Recently a woman had to be taken out on a stretcher, and sent to the hospital. She was literally scared out of her mind. I don't want to do that, the lady of the hotel play's the piano in the music room, some evenings. I think Destination America had mentioned the Stanley Hotel, for one of Stephen King's books. I have a book on the Stanley hotel, daughter got a "picture" of the woman at the top of the stairs. She was just pointing and shooting and didn't see anything until she looked at her photograph. I can't remember, but she wrote an article along with her picture, for a show in England, about hauntings around the world.

Songbird76

That is one of my pet peeves too and you wonder how that started with him? Or people sitting on a coach or sitting at a table that shift themselves sideways to either consciously or unconsciously, depending on the person turn their back and block a person from the conversation. Or the twits that start speaking with another person in a group in hushed tones to exclude others.

I like mixed groups of men and woman, also a fan of mixed ages. I swear everytime I've been to an event family or otherwise that divides by men and woman the gals are turned into event coordinators meaning serve food, clean up food etc.
I know one lady who hosts her hubbies poker parties with the guys. Like the husband can't get the food and drinks and clean it all up for his buddies?
Amen, sister-friend! It seems common sense to me that if someone says something bad about someone else, you keep it to yourself. You don't want to hurt the person is was said about, and you don't know if there was something going on between them that the friend might regret having said that and all you do is create tension between them by telling the other person. This is one of the reasons why I am so insecure...I KNOW people have said things behind my back and it makes me wonder what other things they have said, or if it's JUST them or if everyone feels that way. If you can't say something nice, don't say nuffin' at all!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Well, just to play devil's advocate here for a moment, maybe she's pitching in (as in volunteering), so that he can have a fun evening with his buddies. I would do that for my hubs (although, he never plays cards!) :D

Sometimes, we just do nice things for each other, to give the other one a little break. We're in the same mindset--each one of us doesn't expect any extra help or whatever. It's just natural when it happens.:)

Gabe1

Okay, I've officially lost my mind. Now wearing this crazy light mask that is supposed to keep you young. LOLLOLOL. As my late mother told me (correctly or incorrectly), "none of this sh#t works". Well, Mom. I'm gonna give it the old college try anyway. I know you'd be doing the same thing. :)

View attachment 202434

Looks like you're asking to be doused with Pepper Spray.

mace-gun.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom