The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Eventually we will get our 90's as well and that will be fine I won't complain. In fact in past years I couldn't wait for the 90's. I will remind myself of sub-zeroes and then 90's will feel glorious! But for some reason this spring I have really been appreciating the mid 50's-low 70's we have gotten. It just seems perfect, I can go outside and not be freezing and do activity without getting super sweaty. But I guess the 50-70's is your typical winter, so you know how great it is.
That is pretty much all we have had this spring as well. 60's and 70's with the occasional spike up to the 80's and for the first time this year... the 90's.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
My nephew has MS. Today is the MS Walk at Soldier Field in Chicago. I was suppose to attend with some family members. However, they called and cancelled due to the cold and rain that is being forecast for today. I admit to not knowing much about these events, but I was looking forward to learning while attending. The Walk is happening rain or shine. I hope the outcome is successful despite the weather.
Hope it goes well

BAChicagoGal

I had a lot of mint in my garden, and it definitely took over. Especially in the front yard, where I eventually took it out. I left it in the back, in one area, which I call my weed garden. If, it's green, I let it grow, in that section. It is abundant next to my forsythia bush, which is now huge, and sometimes out of control.

All of this rain the last few days is good for the grass seed that I put down about a week ago.

MySmallWorldof4

My mom passed away 5 years ago and my dad is now living in Florida (our relationship is so-so). My sister and her family live about 40 minute away from me, so my niece visits frequently, it is like we are her Young grandparents. My husband's parents have both passed and his sister and their families live in Michigan and in the Chicago area. Thankfully not too close!
My dad is considering moving to Florida. His taxes in NY are becoming too much. :confused: He has friends that live near Jacksonville, so he is thinking around there.

donaldtoo

Yeah. I saw the weather radar. That rain is nuts!! Hope @donaldtoo is fine. Saw they had tornado warnings down through Austin as well. :confused:

We had a few thunderstorms last night, but, nothing severe.
Unfortunately, up east of Dallas, a tornado tore through Canton, Texas and some other towns, leaving at least four dead and dozens injured. Prayers to all affected.

Thanks for your concern for us.

donaldtoo

Fortunately, the weather was awesome today for our firm spring event! :)
Unfortunately, I forgot to get a pic of the snow cone truck, any of my margaritas, or the pizza truck when it was fully set up. :oops:
However, I did get a shot of the pizza truck with it's brick oven trailer, and a few other random shots...! :)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

DS, DWifey, and both DD's...!!! :happy:

image.jpeg

donaldtoo

Oh, and this morning I went through the other 4 boxes of my Disney collectible artwork. Although, again, I was remiss in taking shots of all of them, I did take a shot of the model sheet photostat I have from Pinocchio. I hadn't had it out in so long, when I posted about it before, I said it was only of Cleo's fishbowl stand and some of the surrounding room...boy, was I wrong...!!! :)

image.jpeg

MySmallWorldof4

Oh, and this morning I went through the other 4 boxes of my Disney collectible artwork. Although, again, I was remiss in taking shots of all of them, I did take a shot of the model sheet photostat I have from Pinocchio. I hadn't had it out in so long, when I posted about it before, I said it was only of Cleo's fishbowl stand and some of the surrounding room...boy, was I wrong...!!! :)

View attachment 202121
That is just fantastic!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

View attachment 202121

Fantastic art work to have! And it did look like a nice day for your firms spring event, you sure are lucky to work for a firm that doe such fun things for its employees!

donaldtoo

Fantastic art work to have! And it did look like a nice day for your firms spring event, you sure are lucky to work for a firm that doe such fun things for its employees!

Thanks about the artwork. It's a very special connection to Disney's history for me...!!! :happy:
If only I could afford the original animation drawings and Courvoisier cels...!!! :greedy:

Also, thanks, it was, and still is beautiful out! :)
And yes, we work hard, but, they do reward us in so many ways...we are blessed...!!! :happy:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And who remembers Morris? He only ate 9Lives Cat Food
5c58e4c03ebf2eea104ac484b0be63d7.jpg

Or remembers pastel telephones, long before cordless?
b2be661938c786acf12e82a1b9f79138.jpg

Or remember talking to Mickey?
83cf1c0f380331f74c1bc602ce789281.jpg

Who remembers play Heads Up 7 Up in school?
1a21219ee1e4fe4965863859e4ce06e0.jpg

Or remember the days before swim diapers?
e68daa3e1502a879e650fa2bd8a2bb56.jpg

Do you remember writing in cursive? Or being taught cursive?
3c954c915ada0f86784c47db6b1b9f0e.jpg

Gabe1

That's what I'm thinking, if nothing else he'll be able to hem, put a button on and fix split seams. He already cut out fabric to make a pillow case(Star Wars) and he bought some fleece to make a pair of sleep pants(can never have too many)
My kids had 3 quarters of sewing in middle school. None of that shop for boys and sewing for gals in our district.

Gabe1

I wish someone taught how to sew other than what we did during home-ec. It would have been great. My mom does not sew so can't learn from her.

Most Community Colleges have adult continuing education classes as well as some high schools. They have courses in everything from learning Excel to Sewing to specific types of cooking as well as shop courses and basic auto care. They are dirt cheap and usually the best and newest equipment.

Gabe1

Well, that was fun... :cyclops:
It got up to only 91 here today.
Not sure what the heat index was then, but, it's 89 right now with a heat index of 94.
Luckily, there was a stiff breeze, and the vast majority of our yard is tree-shaded...! :)

It is 39 here. :cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom