The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Do you remember being dizzy on your Sit and Spin?
d357d3755d302007ef9f88ebb251d9f7.jpg

or do you remember playing Simon?
6529b41e002a47928a10273c310bbbf0.jpg

Or the TROLL book club through schools?
eb385c3a97eae7c913e3f0dc07fd8252.jpg

Or zig zag hair crimpers because waffled hair looked better? :eek:
f37307258d4dcdef106009c85c1ddd13.jpg

Or Mary. Remember Mary Poppin's paper dolls?
fb7c09780f86e238a685e5963aa31b85.jpg

Or funnier...do you remember Pet Rocks?
f6aa6f5db00dae9736d435a04b884c7e.jpg

I need to quit responding, 'cause I'm from your generation, and I pretty much remember them all...!!! :hilarious:

BAChicagoGal

Don't sweat the surgery. It is painless and you won't believe how much better you will be able to see. I held off my surgery until after my trip last year to Europe. Now I wish I had it done before hand. Any surgery can have problems of course, which is why I waited myself. But, I am sure glad I had it done. One of the things that they don't tell you about your eyes is that even without Cataracts the natural lens yellows over time. The new lens is crystal clear and resulted in some unexpected perks. The first one is that I no longer have to wear glasses (my eyesight was pretty good before hand and that fixed a astigmatism) and second, my night vision is now better then my day vision. Who knew!

Yes. Actually the retina surgeon who is monitoring my Macular Pucker is the one that spoke to me in great length about the cataract surgery. His dad does the cataract surgery in their practice. He did explain benefits that I had not even thought of. That is why I decided to finally have this done. My vision is pretty bad. It has gradually deteriorated, of course, but I am never without my glasses. I could not function without them.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We know we are pushing it with 6 in the cabins, but it is a good deal for us as far as onsite goes. Luckily my kids love it even though it can get a bit cramped. The room discounts there seem to be better than at other moderates. We could stay at AoA but we really like the convenience of the water craft to MK. We did stay in a 2bdrm at Bonnet Creek (Wyndham) a couple of years ago. It was really nice, but lacked the Disney feel. My dh didn't really care for it.

Bonnet is on my bucket list. I've had a lot of Disney feel over the years, I think someday I will enjoy Bonnet for a trip. I also like Swan and Dolphin, lacks the feel of Disney but dang it is nice and right in the heart of it all for substantially less.

I have not stayed in a cabin in years, they were new-ish then.
Even cramp'd it still offers more space than any 2 bed room. Plus the ability to sit elsewhere other than on a bed, the focus of most rooms is a bonus, but I loved the deck and being able to escape the crazy WDW when away from the parks. I don't cook ever on vacation so that smallness was lost on me.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So I see by the looks of your trip report.;) We aren't too often in the room ourselves which is why we had no problem dropping from deluxes to the cabins. We prefer onsite though for the EMH and convenience. Now if they do away with those then all off-sites are on the table.;)

I really love evening EMH. I'm not a morning person but will be if travelling with DD, our early riser, still. Visiting my DS over a decade he isn't a morning person but could stay out until everything in 40 sq miles closed.

Last year the challenge was sleep since I did a trip with both the early riser and the late night dude. OMG! I'm old. I need to sleep sometime. Felt like the energizer bunny petering out.

Goofyernmost

Yes. Actually the retina surgeon who is monitoring my Macular Pucker is the one that spoke to me in great length about the cataract surgery. His dad does the cataract surgery in their practice. He did explain benefits that I had not even thought of. That is why I decided to finally have this done. My vision is pretty bad. It has gradually deteriorated, of course, but I am never without my glasses. I could not function without them.
I understand, but, even with the need for corrective lenses what you do see will be much, much sharper, brighter and cleaner. That alone, a factor that I was not even aware of, made it all worth while.

Figgy1

Premium Member
th

Romper Stompers were from Romper Room I believe. A preschool version of stilts. You stood on the cups and pulled up on the the strings and walked around. As you gained more control with practice they made a cool sound-loud clap when you stomped your foot on a hard floor.

My Aunt that never had any children bought my set. No mother in her right mind would buy these things for their kids to stomp around the house and make even more noise.
il_570xN.308946601.jpg
They look like a lawsuit waiting to happen:eek: This coming from somebody who grew up with a dart board in their house. Pins to those on the other side of the pond.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I never realized what was involved in the surgery or the other benefits to it. Learn something new all the time here.:joyfull: Good luck

MySmallWorldof4

Bonnet is on my bucket list. I've had a lot of Disney feel over the years, I think someday I will enjoy Bonnet for a trip. I also like Swan and Dolphin, lacks the feel of Disney but dang it is nice and right in the heart of it all for substantially less.

I have not stayed in a cabin in years, they were new-ish then.
Even cramp'd it still offers more space than any 2 bed room. Plus the ability to sit elsewhere other than on a bed, the focus of most rooms is a bonus, but I loved the deck and being able to escape the crazy WDW when away from the parks. I don't cook ever on vacation so that smallness was lost on me.
I like having the personal outdoor space of the deck. If it gets too noisy in the cabin I can just step outside.:) The renovation was nice in terms of the kitchen area and an increase in storage space. I do miss the Murphy bed as it was much easier to just lift it up and voila the living area was nice and open again. My issue with pull out couches is the pillows you need to remove and then put back on them in the morning. Pain in the lower half, plus they take up space in the room. :rolleyes: I know at some point we will probably outgrow the Cabins as the kids start growth spurts, but for now it is the least expensive way to stay in an MK resort.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom