The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning everyone. I have a couple minutes before we leave for the kids house, then off the the apartment. We are cleaning on both houses, helping unpack, waiting for furniture to arrive. We have been up to our eyeballs helping, where we can...a pm to anyone interested. Hubby and I have been burning the candle at both ends..starting early around 7 A.M. (early for us), then working until around 9 p.m. Then driving home. It's been long day's. The exercise has been good for us. Just carrying boxes to the 3 floor, we are getting a work-out. A deer hit the daughter's car. A lot of front end damage. When it rains, it pours...I hope everyone is doing well. Will be back on line in about a week....moving takes a lot of time and effort. Hubby and I am going to continue this moving adventure, when we finish dd's move. We are doing major donating and cleaning out the basement. There should be a law against basements when you have a pack rat in the family! It's not me, if you get my drift..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Continued in pm....
I'm so beyond happy you're doing so well and your recovery seems to be excellent. Please take it easy when you can. I'm sorry to hear about the car but at least nobody got hurt which is the most important thing. We miss you when you're not here xoxo

MySmallWorldof4

Good morning everyone. I have a couple minutes before we leave for the kids house, then off the the apartment. We are cleaning on both houses, helping unpack, waiting for furniture to arrive. We have been up to our eyeballs helping, where we can...a pm to anyone interested. Hubby and I have been burning the candle at both ends..starting early around 7 A.M. (early for us), then working until around 9 p.m. Then driving home. It's been long day's. The exercise has been good for us. Just carrying boxes to the 3 floor, we are getting a work-out. A deer hit the daughter's car. A lot of front end damage. When it rains, it pours...I hope everyone is doing well. Will be back on line in about a week....moving takes a lot of time and effort. Hubby and I am going to continue this moving adventure, when we finish dd's move. We are doing major donating and cleaning out the basement. There should be a law against basements when you have a pack rat in the family! It's not me, if you get my drift..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Continued in pm....
So glad to hear things are going well, and the best part is that in just a few weeks you will be in Disney World.:)

MySmallWorldof4

Simple
Pants = Undercrackers
Trousers = Trousers

If y'all speaked proper Eenglish it would be straightforward
Really?:hilarious::hilarious: Well I don't see how it can be more simple then underpants. They are under the pants. :) Trousers? In any case. Just kidding. I used to watch lots of Brit comedy shows as a kid like "Are You Being Served". Loved it. So I get most Brit lingo. In any case here is an interesting article of the derivation of the word pants. http://www.dl.ket.org/latin3/vocab/etym/history/pants.htm

Goofyernmost

Yep, It's taking a lot longer than I anticipated. I thought as soon as the death certificates got here, we'd be golden, but first the death certificates were late and then we found out we have to have some affidavit to send to utility companies and such that says we are the ones who have the authority to close out the accounts, which we can't get until the 30 day mark. But I really do need to go home. 2 more weeks and I should be able to get out of here.
Just don't pay the bills, they will close the accounts for you.

Goofyernmost

Hey guys! I am thinking of building a boat or ark or something. We have had almost 6 inches of rain since Saturday. Everything is water-logged. Just finished vac the basement where it was running in at the garage door. We are in a flood warning but it won't flood around my house. We are too high up. Hoping the sun shines tomorrow and dries us out. One good thing--no more drought!!:)
Same here, this is the forth day of heavy, non-stop rain. It's a good thing that it was preceded by 5 weeks of almost no rain at all. Flooding everywhere, mostly roads and parking lots. No deaths or injuries that I have heard about.

Goofyernmost

Today at my eye doctor appointment, I decided to go ahead with my cataract surgery, after my birthday Disneyland trip. So in September I visit Disneyland. The sometime between then, and the holidays, I will have cataract surgery on both of my eyes. Looking forward to the Disneyland trip. Not looking forward to the surgery. Sometimes, we just gotta do what we gotta do.
Don't sweat the surgery. It is painless and you won't believe how much better you will be able to see. I held off my surgery until after my trip last year to Europe. Now I wish I had it done before hand. Any surgery can have problems of course, which is why I waited myself. But, I am sure glad I had it done. One of the things that they don't tell you about your eyes is that even without Cataracts the natural lens yellows over time. The new lens is crystal clear and resulted in some unexpected perks. The first one is that I no longer have to wear glasses (my eyesight was pretty good before hand and that fixed a astigmatism) and second, my night vision is now better then my day vision. Who knew!

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Really?:hilarious::hilarious: Well I don't see how it can be more simple then underpants. They are under the pants. :) Trousers? In any case. Just kidding. I used to watch lots of Brit comedy shows as a kid like "Are You Being Served". Loved it. So I get most Brit lingo. In any case here is an interesting article of the derivation of the word pants. http://www.dl.ket.org/latin3/vocab/etym/history/pants.htm
Love Are You Being Served. Over the winter I watched a few sewing videos from that side of the pond and some spoke proper English and said underpants, some said pants and some went between the 2 :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Now sometimes I have to think of the context as to which one is being referred to:banghead:

93boomer

Premium Member
Same here, this is the forth day of heavy, non-stop rain. It's a good thing that it was preceded by 5 weeks of almost no rain at all. Flooding everywhere, mostly roads and parking lots. No deaths or injuries that I have heard about.
Yeah I saw the bad flooding in Raleigh. Glad we didn't get that bad. Ended up with over 6 inches though. Just lots of ponding of the water. I had a small pond in my backyard. It is a wonder @Mr Ferret 88 's ducks didn't fly over! lol

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Yeah I saw the bad flooding in Raleigh. Glad we didn't get that bad. Ended up with over 6 inches though. Just lots of ponding of the water. I had a small pond in my backyard. It is a wonder @Mr Ferret 88 's ducks didn't fly over! lol
They know where they have it easy. This morning Donna opened the blinds in the kitchen that overlooks the pond and they were watching the window . As soon as they heard the blinds rattle (wooden blinds) they started quacking. When that didn't get anywhere and she had left the kitchen with her coffee they went round the side of the house to the lounge window and started quacking at that one until she relented.

Songbird76

Ok, so when I get home, I am going to need a vacation to unwind. Disneyland Paris is celebrating 25 years and they have some decent deals going for Dutch residents. We could go in October when the kids have fall break. So...I need to pick a resort to see how much it costs. Where do you all stay, those of you who have done Paris? And why?
And also, for those of you who do cruises...I was talking to my brother and brother-in-law and they did a cruise for their honeymoon and there was a musical show that passengers could audition to be in and they got a photo and a DVD...it looks like a hoot. I was wondering if that's standard on most cruise lines/ships? They were on the Star Princess, which I THINK they said was Carnival? But I could be wrong...but that sounds like so much fun to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom