The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ok, so when I get home, I am going to need a vacation to unwind. Disneyland Paris is celebrating 25 years and they have some decent deals going for Dutch residents. We could go in October when the kids have fall break. So...I need to pick a resort to see how much it costs. Where do you all stay, those of you who have done Paris? And why?
And also, for those of you who do cruises...I was talking to my brother and brother-in-law and they did a cruise for their honeymoon and there was a musical show that passengers could audition to be in and they got a photo and a DVD...it looks like a hoot. I was wondering if that's standard on most cruise lines/ships? They were on the Star Princess, which I THINK they said was Carnival? But I could be wrong...but that sounds like so much fun to do.
That sounds like wonderful fun and while you're price checking check out the Disney cruise line they have a few on your side of the pond. Paging @Mr Ferret 88 for details

MinnieM123

Premium Member
or remember Grandma with her rain bonnets she kept in her purse? (I saw a guy last week with a grocery bag around his hair during a rain storm)
0a61d066b83be930f8bdd81a7c40c7f0.jpg

Those are the most practical things--they take up on a tiny amount of space in a purse, and come in handy during unexpected downpours. They're really hard to find nowadays.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ok, so when I get home, I am going to need a vacation to unwind. Disneyland Paris is celebrating 25 years and they have some decent deals going for Dutch residents. We could go in October when the kids have fall break. So...I need to pick a resort to see how much it costs. Where do you all stay, those of you who have done Paris? And why?
And also, for those of you who do cruises...I was talking to my brother and brother-in-law and they did a cruise for their honeymoon and there was a musical show that passengers could audition to be in and they got a photo and a DVD...it looks like a hoot. I was wondering if that's standard on most cruise lines/ships? They were on the Star Princess, which I THINK they said was Carnival? But I could be wrong...but that sounds like so much fun to do.

I went to Paris a couple years ago. When we had finished our days in Paris and moved on to Disneyland Paris we stayed on-site at the Sequoia Lodge. I liked the look of the place, like a mini-Wilderness Lodge and it was close to walk to the parks. I got a decent deal on the United Kingdom's website, anyone can book any country's deal because nothing is sent by mail only by email. If I went again and stayed on site I would still probably pick Sequoia Lodge, we went for a Montana building room (in the main building) and we had one of the few rooms that had a lake view.

I looked into the New York, but I didn't like the look of it. It looked garish and like an old 1980's idea of New York style. The Newport resort, which is kind of like a mini-Yacht & Beach Club was under heavy renovation, otherwise that might have gotten more consideration. A podcast that I listen to still about DLP seems to like the Cheyenne, but with all this Wyoming time, you might want to avoid that theme! And the Disneyland Hotel would have been great but the price was just way to high.

If you do go to DLP, the food in the parks is really horrendous, especially the quick service. There is a Mediterranean place the podcasters seem to like, but that was closed when we went. And DLP seems to close its quick service restaurants early so lines at the ones open get long. We did have good meals at Walt's (gave us a great view of Main Street and each room is themed after a Magic Kingdom land), Bistro Chez Remy (by the Ratatouille ride), and we loved the Buffalo Bills Wild West show (and it had decent food). We also ate at Annette's (50's burger place, but it was just so-so) and the Earl of Sandwich (on par with USA restaurants). There is now a 5 Guys burger place in the Downtown Disney area, and I love 5 Guys burgers here.

Anyway, if you do decide to go, I'd be more than happy to give you more advice.

As for the cruise, I've only done Disney cruises and I don't remember any experience on there like your brother's.

Songbird76

I went to Paris a couple years ago. When we had finished our days in Paris and moved on to Disneyland Paris we stayed on-site at the Sequoia Lodge. I liked the look of the place, like a mini-Wilderness Lodge and it was close to walk to the parks. I got a decent deal on the United Kingdom's website, anyone can book any country's deal because nothing is sent by mail only by email. If I went again and stayed on site I would still probably pick Sequoia Lodge, we went for a Montana building room (in the main building) and we had one of the few rooms that had a lake view.

I looked into the New York, but I didn't like the look of it. It looked garish and like an old 1980's idea of New York style. The Newport resort, which is kind of like a mini-Yacht & Beach Club was under heavy renovation, otherwise that might have gotten more consideration. A podcast that I listen to still about DLP seems to like the Cheyenne, but with all this Wyoming time, you might want to avoid that theme! And the Disneyland Hotel would have been great but the price was just way to high.

If you do go to DLP, the food in the parks is really horrendous, especially the quick service. There is a Mediterranean place the podcasters seem to like, but that was closed when we went. And DLP seems to close its quick service restaurants early so lines at the ones open get long. We did have good meals at Walt's (gave us a great view of Main Street and each room is themed after a Magic Kingdom land), Bistro Chez Remy (by the Ratatouille ride), and we loved the Buffalo Bills Wild West show (and it had decent food). We also ate at Annette's (50's burger place, but it was just so-so) and the Earl of Sandwich (on par with USA restaurants). There is now a 5 Guys burger place in the Downtown Disney area, and I love 5 Guys burgers here.

As for the cruise, I've only done Disney cruises and I don't remember any experience on there like your brother's.

Songbird76

Oh thank you!! Yes, I'm looking at the Sequoia. My first thought was Cheyenne, but it's being refurbished during the time I'm looking, so I can't get the deal. On the Dutch site, we can get 30% room discount plus free breakfast and one lunch or dinner per night. I don't like the look of the Santa Fe...and I like the pool area of the Sequoia better than the Newport or New York. I'm looking at the restaurants and they really don't look great, but if we get free dining, we can always live on bread and desserts if we have to. Did you use the pool at all? Is it as nice as it looks?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oh thank you!! Yes, I'm looking at the Sequoia. My first thought was Cheyenne, but it's being refurbished during the time I'm looking, so I can't get the deal. On the Dutch site, we can get 30% room discount plus free breakfast and one lunch or dinner per night. I don't like the look of the Santa Fe...and I like the pool area of the Sequoia better than the Newport or New York. I'm looking at the restaurants and they really don't look great, but if we get free dining, we can always live on bread and desserts if we have to. Did you use the pool at all? Is it as nice as it looks?

We had breakfast, just a continental breakfast included in our room cost, and the croissants were really good! There were also cold meats and cheeses as well. We did not use the the pool but it did look nice. Most of it was indoors and there was a portion connected to the outside.

Here are a couple pictures of the Sequoia Lodge, our room and the pool area.
IMG_8924.JPG
I liked the Bambi details around the room.
IMG_8931.JPG IMG_8940.JPG IMG_8942.JPG IMG_9182.JPG

Songbird76

We had breakfast, just a continental breakfast included in our room cost, and the croissants were really good! There were also cold meats and cheeses as well. We did not use the the pool but it did look nice. Most of it was indoors and there was a portion connected to the outside.

Here are a couple pictures of the Sequoia Lodge, our room and the pool area.
View attachment 201378
I liked the Bambi details around the room.
View attachment 201379 View attachment 201380 View attachment 201381 View attachment 201382
That looks amazing...I love it!!

Cesar R M

Never heard of the audition part. Probably something new added since they added a LOT.
Including marvel and new shows to the Cruises.

donaldtoo

Giggle. I just went to Urban Dictionary, had to see why you referred to me as Sierra. That was a first!!! :eek: :happy: :joyfull: ;)

And for sure you can win this one. :angelic: We all know the only pure gold is 24K, everything else is manmade regardless of its color. It is very rare for jewelry in the USA to be anything beyond 18K here so I concede on that principle that all yellow and white along with rose etc gold jewelry is man made because they all have alloys added to them to cut the 24K during the melting cycle. Obviously that is why there are so many different color variations of white and yellow man made or fake gold out there. Each batch is different. The dipped plating is just the least durable way of manufacturing. They do this too with 14k yellow gold and dip in 24k for the rich and famous. Sadly no relatives willed me 24k pieces. :(

No winning. :cyclops:
Yes, I had to take a day or so to just step back from here and chill. It happens. I'm human.
I think the real bee under my bonnet was "That's only half true." Whereas "That's not totally correct." would have gone over with me a lot better at the time...!!! :D

Again, this is why this form of communication can be so frustrating...I wasn't referring to you as Bravo Sierra, but, what you posted...!!! :oops: :hilarious:

I can't even remember the last time I saw 24kt gold. Pretty sure we never had any in the store when I worked at Kay. I believe the purest we regularly carried was 18kt. The lowest we carried was 10kt. My wedding band from way back is 14kt. All of our "white"
gold was rhodium plated. I remember older rings coming in all the time for replating...many every day. I remember we also sold some "rose" gold, that had a small amount of silver, a larger amount of copper, and, of course, mostly gold in it.
I, personally, prefer my gold to be gold...or, as gold as I can afford it, anyway. ;)

donaldtoo

Meh. Over the years we've all had far worse discussions on some pretty dicey topics.

Any mention of the election process back in the fall had many in total meltdown as an example. Those sort of things don't get my shorts in a knot. They are only topics. I find the discussions where members start slamming or mocking other people on a personal level disturbing and we don't have that often on this thread often. Rare. A topic is a topic and discussion is what forums are. And we are a Civil bunch.

Me, as everyone knows here my whole adult life has been public service to further education from Special Education to Higher Education. Some people it is band, others environment, still others animal rights as Fish are Friends not Food. :hungry: ;) With my topic that is near and dear to me discussions here always go the same way. When the cons are stated of education I will always be on the Pro side of the topic. But that is to be expected on a discussion board. So for topics I don't get my shorts in to a big of a knot as we all have our different opinions. Just pull my big girl pants up and move on.

Yep, I still remember the great Chit Chat Chit Chat Revolution of...whatever year it was...? :cyclops: !!!!! :hilarious:

And yes, I wish I had $10 for every time I just pulled up my big boy pants and moved on,
when I could have replied.

The political B(rovo) S(ierra) ;) that still happens here on this thread sometimes just is inappropriate (no meltdown from me...certain people just couldn't seem to put on their own "big kid" pants and abstain, as per requested over, and over, and over, again, and again, and again, by mods. And, now that the mods have choked, you all have a place to do it, so please, don't do it on this thread...please. I don't come here for that...only to sometimes "discuss" about how times have changed educationally, and what different kinds of "gold" are available out there...!!!!! :joyfull: :oops: ;) :oops:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Gum wrappers(I had a stand decorating my room:joyfull:), mom still has has rain bonnet, JRs yes, what's a romper stomper, banana seat had one, my ds still has a good regular camera and he still buys film for it.
th

Romper Stompers were from Romper Room I believe. A preschool version of stilts. You stood on the cups and pulled up on the the strings and walked around. As you gained more control with practice they made a cool sound-loud clap when you stomped your foot on a hard floor.

My Aunt that never had any children bought my set. No mother in her right mind would buy these things for their kids to stomp around the house and make even more noise.
il_570xN.308946601.jpg

donaldtoo

Is cartilage as sensitive as lobe area. I've only poked holes, one in each ear, no more no less. I have not tried titanium or surgical steel. I have two platinum ring settings. You have to be careful with those settings, it is a softer metal and the little prongs that hold the stones in pulls up easily, not nearly as durable as gold. Pretty though, more like a flat-dull white gold.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...0...1c..64.mobile-gws-hp..0.1.8.2.MLRql5CCuZY

Sorry, couldn't resist...we should be metallurgists...!!!!! :joyfull: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom