The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sequoia Lodge Montana room. I'm so excited! I would love any and all advice. I was a bit worried because when I was looking at the attraction list, it said Pirates of the Caribbean is closed, and that's one of my absolute favorites at WDW and I heard the DLP and DL versions are better, so I really wanted to do that, but when I looked at the closure list, it said it's opening back up at the end of July. And then it said the Phantom Manor is closed between October to March, but then in parenthesis, it says starting in January of 18, so both my favorites should be open. The only things closed will be things I don't care about.

Good choice on the Montana room, then you are in the main building. Pirates is really good at DLP, when I rode it they didn't have Jack Sparrow in it, but from what I understand they are adding him in with this refurb. The story is a little backwards from the American parks, but I think it works.

You will have to ride Big Thunder Mountain, it is absolutely the best Big Thunder of any of the parks. The main portion of the ride in on an island in the Rivers of the Far West, so you have to go under ground in your train to get to it. It is just fantastic!

Phantom Manor was okay, it was a lot different than the Haunted Mansion in WDW & DL. It was just strange, I wouldn't say it is worse than the American parks version, and I liked that it was different but I wouldn't say it was my favorite. It is worth doing though.

Space Mt, was closed when I was there so I can't comment on that. But other attraction highlights were:
DLP: Alice's Curious Labyrinth, Autopia, Molly Brown boat, the night show
Disney Studios: Crushes' Coaster, Ratatouille, the Toy Story area, and Tower of Terror (I love that ride anywhere)

Anyway, let me know if you have any specific questions I'd be happy to help!

Songbird76

Good choice on the Montana room, then you are in the main building. Pirates is really good at DLP, when I rode it they didn't have Jack Sparrow in it, but from what I understand they are adding him in with this refurb. The story is a little backwards from the American parks, but I think it works.

You will have to ride Big Thunder Mountain, it is absolutely the best Big Thunder of any of the parks. The main portion of the ride in on an island in the Rivers of the Far West, so you have to go under ground in your train to get to it. It is just fantastic!

Phantom Manor was okay, it was a lot different than the Haunted Mansion in WDW & DL. It was just strange, I wouldn't say it is worse than the American parks version, and I liked that it was different but I wouldn't say it was my favorite. It is worth doing though.

Space Mt, was closed when I was there so I can't comment on that. But other attraction highlights were:
DLP: Alice's Curious Labyrinth, Autopia, Molly Brown boat, the night show
Disney Studios: Crushes' Coaster, Ratatouille, the Toy Story area, and Tower of Terror (I love that ride anywhere)

Anyway, let me know if you have any specific questions I'd be happy to help!
What kind of an attraction is Ratatouille? And how coaster-ish is Crushe's coaster? I am not a fan of coasters. I got motion sickness on BTMRR at WDW on our honeymoon, but I might be able to do that if I take some dramamine. And what about the 7 dwarfs mine train? Is it the same? (I assume that's what it was...I don't speak French, but it was something Blanche and it also had Sept in the name...white and 7)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
What kind of an attraction is Ratatouille? And how coaster-ish is Crushe's coaster? I am not a fan of coasters. I got motion sickness on BTMRR at WDW on our honeymoon, but I might be able to do that if I take some dramamine. And what about the 7 dwarfs mine train? Is it the same? (I assume that's what it was...I don't speak French, but it was something Blanche and it also had Sept in the name...white and 7)

Crush's coaster spins so if you are bothered by spinning, you might want to skip it. I think it is pretty awesome.

Ratatouille is a trackless 3-D ride in which you move around the show building, you are a "rat" in the kitchen and some effects are real and some are the 3-D screens. My husband gets motion sick and had no problems with it. This is pretty awesome, there are fast passes for it but the single rider line moved pretty good for us and the stand by was long. So if you and your kids would feel comfortable riding apart that is a nice option.

There is no 7 Dwarfs Mine train at DLP, there is a version of the old Snow White's Scary Adventures what was at WDW and still at Disneyland. That was probably the Blanch-Neige et les Sept Nains you saw.

Too bad about BTMRR, it is really fantastic, but if you get motion sick it might not be for you. Hubby does take dramamine for it and seems to be okay. He can't do multiple rides in a row but at DLP the line is pretty long so that wasn't a problem with multiple rides in a row.

Goofyernmost

Crush's coaster spins so if you are bothered by spinning, you might want to skip it. I think it is pretty awesome.

Ratatouille is a trackless 3-D ride in which you move around the show building, you are a "rat" in the kitchen and some effects are real and some are the 3-D screens. My husband gets motion sick and had no problems with it. This is pretty awesome, there are fast passes for it but the single rider line moved pretty good for us and the stand by was long. So if you and your kids would feel comfortable riding apart that is a nice option.

There is no 7 Dwarfs Mine train at DLP, there is a version of the old Snow White's Scary Adventures what was at WDW and still at Disneyland. That was probably the Blanch-Neige et les Sept Nains you saw.

Too bad about BTMRR, it is really fantastic, but if you get motion sick it might not be for you. Hubby does take dramamine for it and seems to be okay. He can't do multiple rides in a row but at DLP the line is pretty long so that wasn't a problem with multiple rides in a row.
When I was at DLP at the end of 2015, I made three attempts to see Ratatouille. All of them failed and all of them worked until I was less then 5 minutes from riding it. (after a 45 minute wait, for each, to get to that point). I finally gave up. If they put one of those in Epcot, I sure hope it is more dependable then that one. Maybe I just caught it on a bad day. Who Knows!

Songbird76

Oh I saw it said you ride in a mine train car so I assumed it was the mine train. That's good that it's not a coaster. If I take dramamine I should be fine on BTMRR...I only got sick because I didn't have dramamine. My son wouldn't go on it at WDW, though, so I may have to wait with him if he doesn't want to do it and I won't go on it myself, so we'll see. My daughter would probably be ok riding alone, but my son wouldn't.
When you say Crush spins...do you mean it goes upside down?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
When I was at DLP at the end of 2015, I made three attempts to see Ratatouille. All of them failed and all of them worked until I was less then 5 minutes from riding it. (after a 45 minute wait, for each, to get to that point). I finally gave up. If they put one of those in Epcot, I sure hope it is more dependable then that one. Maybe I just caught it on a bad day. Who Knows!

I had heard that it could go down often. I guess we were just lucky and never had it go down. I think we ride it about 5-6 times. I would not be opposed to it being added to the France pavilion at Epcot. I wouldn't want to see impressions de France go though, I like that attraction it has pretty scenery and the music is fantastic.

Daveeeeed

I had heard that it could go down often. I guess we were just lucky and never had it go down. I think we ride it about 5-6 times. I would not be opposed to it being added to the France pavilion at Epcot. I wouldn't want to see impressions de France go though, I like that attraction it has pretty scenery and the music is fantastic.
For the 4 days I was at DLP last Summer, there was a morning where it was broken down, so downtime is pretty common... It probably breaks down for a few minutes at least once a week. It's more of an LPS issue than anything ex. someone dropping a drink onto the floor.

Now Disney World's Space Mountain -- golly. Waited roughly 2 hours (out of 3 times one day) to get on and every time it broke down.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My mom is in a senior building and she loves it. It took a while but now it works out great. She doesn't have to worry about shoveling or repairs ok make that I don't have to worry but her building has all sorts of activities. The senior bus carts them to several of the local bingo games, movie nights, trips to AC and such. The senior bus stops there everyday to take people shopping a different area everyday:) I'm not fond of the building she chose(it's the closest to her old neighborhood) because it's a bit too close to an iffy neighborhood but the local rift raft leaves the seniors alone. They know if anything happens to any of them..........:D Good luck with your mom xoxo

My Moms judgment isn't good. She is self sufficient but
wooba. She had a very long driveway and there is two garage doors-doubles. One to the driveway & one to alley. Spring broke one on one side. She told the garage door guy, well they are getting old replace both doors and both garage door openers. :eek: He wouldn't do it. He replaced both spring on one door and called it a day.

One gutter had a hole about the size of a pencil eraser. She called for an estimate to get all the gutters replaced and a new roof since ITS TIME. Freak'n thing isn't 10 years old yet and nothing wrong with it. :facepalm:

Then she decides to fill the 2 thin cracks in the concrete driveway with quick-crit, the kind with stones in it. Doesn't level it off or anything and now there are two mountain ranges on the driveway. o_O

Condo she would get into less mischief. :p

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oh I saw it said you ride in a mine train car so I assumed it was the mine train. That's good that it's not a coaster. If I take dramamine I should be fine on BTMRR...I only got sick because I didn't have dramamine. My son wouldn't go on it at WDW, though, so I may have to wait with him if he doesn't want to do it and I won't go on it myself, so we'll see. My daughter would probably be ok riding alone, but my son wouldn't.
When you say Crush spins...do you mean it goes upside down?

The Snow White ride is in a mine type car, but it is a classic dark ride definitely not a coaster.

I think dlp does the kid swap like wdw and Disneyland so if your son won't go you could use that while someone waits with him.

The crush coaster spins like a teacup while on the roller coaster track. A little of it is outside but most is in a building. It doesn't go upside down.

Rides that do go upside down are rock n roller coaster, space mountain, and the Indiana Jones coaster. I love Indiana Jones in Disneyland but this coaster was a bit disappointing, it was really rough and kind of short.

We didn't ride it at dlp but there is a Casey Jones circus train and a storybook boat ride like at Disneyland. We love it at Disneyland so you might want to go on those. For the record, I wanted to go on them at DLP but hubby didn't and I let him talk me out of it. I shouldn't have let him.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
For the 4 days I was at DLP last Summer, there was a morning where it was broken down, so downtime is pretty common... It probably breaks down for a few minutes at least once a week. It's more of an LPS issue than anything ex. someone dropping a drink onto the floor.

Now Disney World's Space Mountain -- golly. Waited roughly 2 hours (out of 3 times one day) to get on and every time it broke down.

I guess we were lucky not to have it go down. We didn't get to ride Space Mountain, it was down for refurb. I had wanted to try that one too, but if I had to pick between space or thunder I'm glad thunder was up and running.

DWifey wanted to have her birthday dinner tonight at Chuy's, so off we went...!!! :hungry:

My Dos Equis...

View attachment 201575

Youngest DD's burrito, DWifey's cheese enchilada platter, and my Elvis Green Chili Fried Chicken...! :hungry:

View attachment 201576
View attachment 201577
View attachment 201578

And, although I've posted pics of the the interior before, I just love the atmosphere...! :)

View attachment 201579

Looks so yummy! Happy birthday to your wife!

Gabe1

I like having a kitchen on vacation, crazy right? But for us I find it a giant bonus in the morning because I can get us out the door and where we want to be much faster. I'm up first so i hop in the shower then get food ready for the troops and while they're eating I finish getting ready for the day. It doesn't work for everybody but seems best for us. Besides waiting for gf food in the morning cuts into our fun time. I also liked being able to take advantage of the farm market in Celebration:joyfull: It was nice to be able to pack a salad on a couple of days:joyfull: Again not for everybody

The most I've every done on vacation is open a box of donuts like on days we went offsite to Uni early. Though I want to go to the farmers market. Sound so different than ours.

Gabe1

Not bad.

C-XgJ2sWAAE7Rjw.jpg

Songbird76

The Snow White ride is in a mine type car, but it is a classic dark ride definitely not a coaster.

I think dlp does the kid swap like wdw and Disneyland so if your son won't go you could use that while someone waits with him.

The crush coaster spins like a teacup while on the roller coaster track. A little of it is outside but most is in a building. It doesn't go upside down.

Rides that do go upside down are rock n roller coaster, space mountain, and the Indiana Jones coaster. I love Indiana Jones in Disneyland but this coaster was a bit disappointing, it was really rough and kind of short.

We didn't ride it at dlp but there is a Casey Jones circus train and a storybook boat ride like at Disneyland. We love it at Disneyland so you might want to go on those. For the record, I wanted to go on them at DLP but hubby didn't and I let him talk me out of it. I shouldn't have let him.
The boat ride....is that the De Pays des Contes de fées? I was wondering what that was.

Songbird76

DWifey wanted to have her birthday dinner tonight at Chuy's, so off we went...!!! :hungry:

My Dos Equis...

View attachment 201575

Youngest DD's burrito, DWifey's cheese enchilada platter, and my Elvis Green Chili Fried Chicken...! :hungry:

View attachment 201576
View attachment 201577
View attachment 201578

And, although I've posted pics of the the interior before, I just love the atmosphere...! :)

View attachment 201579
Happy birthday to your wife!! Looks like pretty good food. I want those enchiladas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom