The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

My driver's ed was more practical:joyfull: no blood on the highway films, but picture a middle aged chunky gym teacher trying to teach S ed with WW2 era social disease films:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

We got plenty of after school driving experience as well, but we saw those films.

Oh my.
We first had S Ed in elementary school (I believe it started in 4th grade), and it was called Family Life Education. :cyclops:
I remember my folks having to sign off on it. I remember it being pretty thorough.
It was Cali, after all...!!! :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

Never heard of this drink until you and MOXOMUMD mentioned it. Yes, it must be only in specific markets throughout the country.
That's quite possible. Here in No. Carolina we have our own beverage called Cheerwine. It is manufactured and bottled here in NC. It's basically just Cherry Soda, nothing particularly special about it. I have never seen it anyplace other then locally and even then I never knew it even existed until I happened to see it when I was looking for something else on the interwebs. It is quite good, but, I'm sure you never heard of it before. I guess it is to wash down the Krispy Kreme Donuts.
cheerwine-reg-can.png

StarWarsGirl

Must be why Starbucks charges so much...they hafta' make up for all us non coffee drinkers...! ;)
My friend who I took to DL loves coffee, and I hate coffee. Yet I'm the Starbucks drinker. She says Starbucks burns their beans. With the exception of the Starbucks in the Disney parks. She was so happy because we went into the Starbucks on MS in DL and she said, "They didn't burn the beans and I am so happy about this."

I drink their chai tea. If I have a migraine, sometimes that's the only thing that helps. I have no idea why. I drink chai practically all day because work has it, but that is the one that works.

donaldtoo

Eeekk! That's scary. Glad the rotation broke up. I know we have a few members here on Chit Chat who live in states that get tornado warnings, at certain times of the year. But, I didn't think that Texas was one of them.

Oh my, especially North Texas can be a real tornado war zone. We usually have many tornado watches/warnings here, in the spring especially.
The exception being those few drought years we had a few years back.
We are pretty much just south of what is traditionally called "tornado alley", although that "alley" has changed over time. The worst I remember around here was back in '97 when a tornado destroyed part of a grocery store and did some pretty bad damage to about a dozen homes, about 5 miles north of us.
Again, it seems the hill effect breaks most of it up before it can get setup in perfect conditions and do major damage.
Check out the difference between the old and new added portions of tornado alley on this map...

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom