The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

My friend who I took to DL loves coffee, and I hate coffee. Yet I'm the Starbucks drinker. She says Starbucks burns their beans. With the exception of the Starbucks in the Disney parks. She was so happy because we went into the Starbucks on MS in DL and she said, "They didn't burn the beans and I am so happy about this."

I drink their chai tea. If I have a migraine, sometimes that's the only thing that helps. I have no idea why. I drink chai practically all day because work has it, but that is the one that works.

Glad that works for you. :)
Mostly, the only tea I ever remember drinking was sweet tea when I was much younger. Can't even remember the last time I had a glass of it.
I pretty much only drink water and beer, these days. :cyclops:

MySmallWorldof4

Oh my, especially North Texas can be a real tornado war zone. We usually have many tornado watches/warnings here, in the spring especially.
The exception being those few drought years we had a few years back.
We are pretty much just south of what is traditionally called "tornado alley", although that "alley" has changed over time. The worst I remember around here was back in '97 when a tornado destroyed part of a grocery store and did some pretty bad damage to about a dozen homes, about 5 miles north of us.
Again, it seems the hill effect breaks most of it up before it can get setup in perfect conditions and do major damage.
Check out the difference between the old and new added potions of tornado alley on this map...

View attachment 199002
Wow, I didn't know Florida is part of Tornado Alley. :eek: I always thought it was just the plains and Texas. I looked that up and found some nice information about it.http://climatecenter.fsu.edu/topics/tornadoes

donaldtoo

Well I have some kids with the opposite problem. Congenitally missing adult teeth. :( Orthodontist will be very busy. :eek:

Oh my. Sympathy like.
Fortunately (although, not for her), our oldest DD was the only one of our 3 kiddos that needed serious orthodonture...braces for a few years to the tune of :greedy:...!
But, she has perfect teeth now, and takes very good care of them...! :)

StarWarsGirl

Glad that works for you. :)
Mostly, the only tea I ever remember drinking was sweet tea when I was much younger. Can't even remember the last time I had a glass of it.
I pretty much only drink water and beer, these days. :cyclops:
Out breakrooms, in addition to the normal coffee and water, have hot chocolate, about 10 different kinds of hot tea, iced tea, and crystal light packets. I do nothing but drink the entire day (well, in addition to doing my job).

MOXOMUMD

Yep, remember camping out for concert tickets before the wrist bands came along. Did it a few times, and it was a blast...!!! :)
And, we had one plain black rotary desk phone at home for the longest time. Don't remember what year it was, but, even when my folks upgraded us to a trimline, it was still a rotary dial...!!! :hilarious:
The last time I camped out was for one of the first OzzFests. That was a crazy night. :joyfull:

MOXOMUMD

That's quite possible. Here in No. Carolina we have our own beverage called Cheerwine. It is manufactured and bottled here in NC. It's basically just Cherry Soda, nothing particularly special about it. I have never seen it anyplace other then locally and even then I never knew it even existed until I happened to see it when I was looking for something else on the interwebs. It is quite good, but, I'm sure you never heard of it before. I guess it is to wash down the Krispy Kreme Donuts.
cheerwine-reg-can.png
We have Cheerwine here in Ohio.

donaldtoo

Out breakrooms, in addition to the normal coffee and water, have hot chocolate, about 10 different kinds of hot tea, iced tea, and crystal light packets. I do nothing but drink the entire day (well, in addition to doing my job).

Yea, our kitchen at the office has the built-in Miele coffee, tea maker. Most use the heck out of it. With the exception of a few times when I felt I needed a quick kick, and the few times we have some champagne punch that I've posted pics of before ;), I drink only water all day at the office. :)

Cesar R M

donaldtoo

Do you remember playground equipment made of plumbing pipes?

c30b3189a65fc898293a57a8a85a37b0.jpg

or Viewmasters? I had one each of disc of Disneyland and Disney World
cf30a19ff2377071cfbdbd138ca4c589.jpg

Or
houses that had antennas on their roofs?
181ff5119f6a55dbbe3940e8a2b0d9f5.jpg

Or going to a drive-in movie?
bdaaad904b8a387cd7df612d865863d0.jpg

Or the true meaning of a cash register...before items were scanned by cashiers and actually rung-up?
07bfb9d474a3e27dcde11093088a594e.jpg

Or remember playing Jacks before they were deemed a choking hazard?
8ceb0b27da8fe2e5d11e7fc093176d9f.jpg

Yes to every single one, again...! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Wrong to think of School on a Saturday but remember these from days gone bye...film projectors in classrooms?
5429c5904368faf1c8ad77c396dd9325.jpg

or a phone booth in a park?
9f0c726b034383213108deb8aa204425.jpg

or remember simple family fun before video games?
e10950e284ab34729fddce1b96b81c32.jpg

or the awesome merrygoround of school playgrounds? So fun, so deadly?
f409e231e8460794eb4e2eae51c6faf6.jpg

Or Doctor Scholls sandals? Wooden wonders that molded to your feet that were messed up by plastic replacements?
dfac99060572b67b2092720dad797efc.jpg

Or remember the days before one price cleaners?
d9557841125f2e9368f7920d69719b8e.jpg

Or remember the days when TV was not 24/7/365?
4626d93d56f50721cabc841c89e77948.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom