The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I am not even thinking about how it is a real feel right now of 28, because it has finally happened. IT STOPPED RAINING!!!!!!!!! There is a little sun shine!

Oh, and we know have guard ducks swimming in the giant puddle/pond in the park across the street.
The ducks and geese are dive bombing into grass ponds here. They are having a good ole time. Suns out but winds of 50 to 60 mph. Still better than rain or snow

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm stateside for at least another week, then I'm not sure. I have to wait for the official Death Certs before I can close out accounts and sell his cattle, etc. I might have to change my flight and stay a little longer, but at least he had already done his taxes for 2016 so I didn't have to mess with that. There are a lot of arrangements to make for his estate though, because he didn't OWN his land, he leased it. So the coal company wants to start mining on that land now and we have to get his trailer off there and his livestock. So there's enough to be getting on with. I'm sort of freaking out about it because my husband and kids are leaving today and my brother is only here until Saturday and then I'm on my own with no transportation. It's kind of overwhelming because I want to get it all done before I have no car and I'm trying to see if I can maybe get utilities changed over to my name so I have "proof of residency" and maybe I can get my drivers license back. My dad had several vehicles and I could possibly use one while I'm here if I had that. We'll see.
Do you have a license from home with you?

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
It's not that I can't I just hate doing it. My first experience having to pump my own was on my way to a "fancy" family dinner party just outside Philly and I was dressed up(fancy dress and heels) I guess that left a bad taste in my mouth
When I was first in college, I was working with a girl on a project, and her roommate, who was from NJ, frantically called her. "How do I pump gas?!" :hilarious:

I hate pumping gas too, but more because I hate going to the gas station at all. At least with work being so close, I only have to put gas in the tank once every 2-3 weeks, even with having my gas guzzling SUV. My next car will be something fuel efficient. Partially because I can be a bit of an environmentalist, but mostly because I hate getting gas.

93boomer

I'm stateside for at least another week, then I'm not sure. I have to wait for the official Death Certs before I can close out accounts and sell his cattle, etc. I might have to change my flight and stay a little longer, but at least he had already done his taxes for 2016 so I didn't have to mess with that. There are a lot of arrangements to make for his estate though, because he didn't OWN his land, he leased it. So the coal company wants to start mining on that land now and we have to get his trailer off there and his livestock. So there's enough to be getting on with. I'm sort of freaking out about it because my husband and kids are leaving today and my brother is only here until Saturday and then I'm on my own with no transportation. It's kind of overwhelming because I want to get it all done before I have no car and I'm trying to see if I can maybe get utilities changed over to my name so I have "proof of residency" and maybe I can get my drivers license back. My dad had several vehicles and I could possibly use one while I'm here if I had that. We'll see.
Thinking about you! Hope everything goes the way you want it too. xoxo

MySmallWorldof4

Oh gosh. It sounds so overwhelming, but I am sure you will get it done. Hope everyone has a safe trip home.

donaldtoo

Ha! I love this grouping. Pre-computer days at the library had little effect on the efficiency of the write-in/stamped cards for taking out books--it was a system that worked very well. (I never knew the names of people who signed out the books before me--it wasn't like I actually hung out with a literary circle of friends. ;))

I think everyone loved the smell of that purple ink! :p

Lastly, our (2007) car has roll-up windows! Retro rules!! :joyfull:

Does your car also have these...? o_O :cool: ;)
1965_AMC_Ambassador_detail_of_vent_window.jpg

betty rose

I'm trying and he's trying:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
I'm trying and he's trying:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
That's a good one! I turned over a new leaf this morning. I'm happy the sun is shining and we will be the the low 60's. I'll take it. Things have turned the corner, SIL is accepting the situation.....I can finally stop worrying about the family. I'm looking this afternoon, at the new menu's rolled out for Pandora. We have 44 days until we leave. Now I can finally get excited. Hubby forgot to get fast passes for Pandora. We will see how long the waits are...Thanks again for everyone on here supporting the family. xoxo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom