The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Just got back from Beauty and the Beast. Worth seeing it in 3D just for the new Pirates trailer. The actual movie, would have been fine without it. Now, having said that, I will say that I did enjoy it.
speaking of 3d. I wonder if my cinema's copy was a bad copy or if they made a bad 3d merge to 2d. Because some scenes looked so blurry. Like they were for 3d (like the floating gold in the dress scene).

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I honestly believe that they are not getting as many visitors in the hotel business end and also they think the prices are unsustainable. Thats why they convert to DVC, keep people hooked and save on hiring staff for cleaning and maintenance.

You're probably right about all this. I just think to myself, if they lowered the room prices to more reasonable rates, wouldn't they fill more rooms? :rolleyes: :facepalm: :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Don't forget that when you factored in what salaries were then, you still couldn't afford to go on a vacation anywhere. I remember that period of time, as financially my worst time ever. That was just before or at the start of the Gas Crisis. Previous to that it was 29.9 for regular gas. They even had price wars back then and if your competition went down a penny, so did you. Now it just works in reverse. No one ever goes down in price, in a competitive way, but, magically they all go up at the same time.

When I was in college I worked in a gas station pumping gas and doing minor repairs. We had three gas categories, Regular, Supreme and something called "Plaid". The later was the "cheap gas" (2 to 5 cents per gal. cheaper). What people didn't know was even though there were three types we only had two tanks in the ground. Plaid was pumped directly from the Regular tank. I can't begin to tell you how many times I silently listened to people tell me that their car ran awful with Plaid, and it wasn't worth the savings. Fill it with regular please! OK, gotcha!

"Plaid" :hilarious:

Somewhat related, I recall a funny discussion I had with hubs recently. Because he's really good with cars and does a lot of his own repairs, I decided to ask his opinion on this: Which gasoline company (Mobil, Shell, EXXON, or Sonoco) sold the highest quality gas? I knew that they all had regular and premium levels that they sold, but I assumed one company was probably rated at the top.

He said that they're all the same. :confused: Many years ago (before I met him), one of his jobs was a taxi driver in Boston. If he dropped off a fare over in the East Boston or Chelsea areas, he'd sometimes drive by the bulk petroleum, etc. (huge tanks) storage facilities at the waterfront. He'd watch the gas company trucks line up at these huge tanks, and fill up their trucks, for delivery to gas stations. Didn't matter what the sign on the side of the trucks was--they all pulled from the SAME tanks!! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom