The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So I sprained my ankle. And for those that have been on this thread for a long time, you know it's something I tend to do a lot, but this time it really was not my fault.

Earlier today, I was headed for the break room when I heard a crash and then a "Sh*t". I found my supervisor had fallen. As in completely, I found her on the ground. She had slipped. We checked the floor, but found nothing she would have slipped on, so she thought it was her shoe.

Then later, I went in the break room...and slipped. In the exact same spot where she had. Hours later. Except I didn't go completely down; I just managed to sprain my ankle. It swelled almost immediately; it was like watching a balloon inflate. I hobbled downstairs, reported that the break room floor needs cleaning, and then went and told my supervisor she wasn't crazy. Needless to say, she was not happy. We put a sign on the door warning the floor was slippery.

Then I told my coworker about it, and she said someone ELSE had nearly fallen in that break room earlier. :banghead: Good grief. So we shall see if it gets cleaned in a timely fashion, and if not, well, I'd hate to be the person who will have to deal with my supervisor.

On to more pleasant things: I really enjoyed Beauty and the Beast. Can't decide what was my favorite moment. Musical number, definitely "Gaston". Moment: tie between Mrs. Potts getting very offended at being called Chip's grandmother, and then Cogsworth at the end...:hilarious:
When his wife comes up, and she was basically the village shrew, and she's all happy to see him, and he says: "Please turn back into a clock":hilarious:

My criticism is still the same: they really needed to dub Emma Watson. Her voice, while very pretty, just didn't match the others. And Belle did too little singing for her part. In the stage musical, she sings two songs by herself. This one, it's one song, very briefly. If they had dubbed her, then the character could have done more singing. Other than that, she was fine as Belle.

But her singing was not as bad as Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia. That's quite possibly the worst offender of all time.:rolleyes:

Oh Dear...has the ankle brace come out? Wonder what the heck was on the floor that wasn't being seen yet so slick.:confused: I'm sorry. :(

I haven't seen B&tB yet but at least I'm going into it knowing not to expect the world out of her singing performance.

Gabe1

2 keys yes(first car was a 69 got a good deal on it:D), brown glue sort of i think:hilarious:, colored TP no, Woolworth's yes
Screen+shot+2012-06-12+at+5.37.01+PM.png

c1113bd7f8f5a192ad34e1292dca2118.jpg

donaldtoo

Not that the Poly is my "go to" resort or anything, but I'm really struggling with all the DVC retrofits there and in so many other resorts at WDW--especially at WL. Obviously, the DVC business model must be some sort of cash cow for WDW with all that's going on. Guess it must work for many families as well, so there's no turning back.

Guess my main issue with all of this goes back to when they first started converting some hotel rooms into DVC. I prefer full service hotels, and had this idea in my mind that a DVC room would not be up to par with a traditional resort room. For whatever reason, it just seemed to me to cheapen the quality of the resort. The concept of a new, separate building of DVC (such as Bay Lake Tower--even though I think that's ugly) was somewhat better received by me, than some weird retrofit of existing rooms to DVC in a resort hotel.

My biggest fear is that down the road, they'll just make all the resorts into DVC and people like me who would pick an on-site, full-service hotel (for the convenience to the parks via Disney transportation), would be locked out.

Yea, the short version from me, IMHO, is that DVC fit a certain niche from first inception, and made sense for certain families with different Disney vacation styles and frequency, (and still does for many), but, in a more measured scale. But, at this point the overconstruction of these units/complexes (and forgive my insensitivity to all affected by this horrible disease), is just a friggin' cancer on the resort, at this point. :bored:
They are messing up sooo much of what really made WDW resorts so special with these blights on the resort landscapes and waterscapes...pull your heads outta' your wallets already, you jacka**es...!!! :grumpy:

Last edited:

Gabe1

Funny thing. We had a woolworth working until around 2010.
IT was bought and replaced by Liverpool brand if I remember correctly.
And I think its still running with the same WoolWorth's brand.
Its also one of the oldest department stores.. ever.. It opened in the 80's if I remember correctly.

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/plac...!8m2!3d20.653407!4d-105.2253316!6m1!1e1?hl=en

The suburb I grew up in had both a Ben Franklin and a Woolworth. Ben lasted longer but both were gone while I was still in early elementary school. So I'd say since the late 60's early 70's-goners. Emerging was the huge drug stores and K-mart.

Cesar R M

Hi....I just wanted to say I'll be gone for a bit. I got a call about an hour ago that my dad passed away. It was peaceful, they aren't sure what caused it. He had just been to the doctor about a stomach bug yesterday and the doctor gave him a clean bill of health and said he could live for years. God, I just said yesterday I hoped he had years, but couldn't complain if he was taken because he had 84 years...I take that back. I didn't think it would be less than 24 hours. Anyway...my brain isn't functioning...sorry. It's 3 a.m. and I can't DO anything because it's the middle of the night and nothing will be open until morning, but anyway, I will be headed for the States as soon as I can manage it, so that's why I won't be here. I would appreciate prayers and positive thoughts and pixie dust and whatever you can throw my way. Thanks!
sorry about that :(

Gabe1

James is very upset about the drawing class going away I hope but do not expect it to come back:( I miss that it was there but can't draw to save my life:(

As was I. I can paint but I cannot draw. I love my drawings from class. Sure ya can tell what they are but you certainly need a lot of imagination. I did tend to laugh throughout the entire drawing process as I watch my own shortcomings come to life. So much fun.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hi....I just wanted to say I'll be gone for a bit. I got a call about an hour ago that my dad passed away. It was peaceful, they aren't sure what caused it. He had just been to the doctor about a stomach bug yesterday and the doctor gave him a clean bill of health and said he could live for years. God, I just said yesterday I hoped he had years, but couldn't complain if he was taken because he had 84 years...I take that back. I didn't think it would be less than 24 hours. Anyway...my brain isn't functioning...sorry. It's 3 a.m. and I can't DO anything because it's the middle of the night and nothing will be open until morning, but anyway, I will be headed for the States as soon as I can manage it, so that's why I won't be here. I would appreciate prayers and positive thoughts and pixie dust and whatever you can throw my way. Thanks!

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So I sprained my ankle. And for those that have been on this thread for a long time, you know it's something I tend to do a lot, but this time it really was not my fault.

Earlier today, I was headed for the break room when I heard a crash and then a "Sh*t". I found my supervisor had fallen. As in completely, I found her on the ground. She had slipped. We checked the floor, but found nothing she would have slipped on, so she thought it was her shoe.

Then later, I went in the break room...and slipped. In the exact same spot where she had. Hours later. Except I didn't go completely down; I just managed to sprain my ankle. It swelled almost immediately; it was like watching a balloon inflate. I hobbled downstairs, reported that the break room floor needs cleaning, and then went and told my supervisor she wasn't crazy. Needless to say, she was not happy. We put a sign on the door warning the floor was slippery.

Then I told my coworker about it, and she said someone ELSE had nearly fallen in that break room earlier. :banghead: Good grief. So we shall see if it gets cleaned in a timely fashion, and if not, well, I'd hate to be the person who will have to deal with my supervisor.

On to more pleasant things: I really enjoyed Beauty and the Beast. Can't decide what was my favorite moment. Musical number, definitely "Gaston". Moment: tie between Mrs. Potts getting very offended at being called Chip's grandmother, and then Cogsworth at the end...:hilarious:
When his wife comes up, and she was basically the village shrew, and she's all happy to see him, and he says: "Please turn back into a clock":hilarious:

My criticism is still the same: they really needed to dub Emma Watson. Her voice, while very pretty, just didn't match the others. And Belle did too little singing for her part. In the stage musical, she sings two songs by herself. This one, it's one song, very briefly. If they had dubbed her, then the character could have done more singing. Other than that, she was fine as Belle.

But her singing was not as bad as Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia. That's quite possibly the worst offender of all time.:rolleyes:

Yikes, not again! Your poor ankle!! (I'm thinking maybe you should always wear one of those removable ankle casts, just as a preventative measure. ;) ) All kidding aside, I really hope this isn't a major sprain, and that your ankle will heal up well in a few days.

P.S.: Somewhat related, I've slipped on floors before, and I believe that the (cheaper) soles of my shoes contributed to the accidents. I switched to wearing only rubber soles a few years ago, and I think it made a big difference.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yea, the short version from me, IMHO, is that DVC fit a certain niche from first inception, and made sense for certain families with different Disney vacation styles and frequency, (and still does for many), but, in a more measured scale. But, at this point the overconstruction of these units/complexes (and forgive my insensitivity to all affected by this horrible disease), is just a friggin' cancer on the resort, at this point. :bored:
They are messing up sooo much of what really made WDW resorts so special with these blights on the resort landscapes and waterscapes...pull your heads outta' your wallets already, you jacka**es...!!! :grumpy:

Absolutely. Your phrase, "more measured scale" stood out to me. You're right--DVC works very well for some; but ever since WDW has gone hog wild converting so many existing rooms over to DVC, in some beautiful resorts (especially the carnage now over at WL), it's just a major turn-off to me--and to others, if you read other threads about this topic.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Do you remember colorforms?
68f1b0f0a525dfbbbf266d87d0cf4736.jpg
270px-Colorforms_1990_town_%26_country_play_set_2.jpg
48990e38810f010417df5ebef3b353d4.jpg

or Snack Pack Pudding in a can, with a pull top??
f49c589b0ffc0159b0563014c12f13c1.jpg

Or a library card with a metal plate

8feb0ccdf93f724d8f752097e75ed750.jpg

Or gas charges when you could afford a vacation and the gas to get you there?
1b4d918d56ab3ffa7c3017016659a151.jpg

or that didn't come in a box?
43b69c0299f74caa36aa5622b0021cb6.jpg

I like all of those (except maybe for the Hi-C Cherry "flavored" drink. :facepalm:

Colorforms were the best activity and I loved those! When I was a little kid, I had an operation and was in the hospital for a few days. My parents brought me Colorforms to play with; and outside of "visiting hours" when they weren't there, I'd be entertained for hours--changing up the coats, hats, boots, etc. on the characters. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm so sorry to hear that, safe travels and hugs xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member

Oh no not again! Didn't you get the bubble wrap I sent? Mamma Mia was interesting casting for sure. GWS xoxo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom