The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Yeah, I think it a pretty slim chance that Disneyland will offer a service, but that's okay. Hubby usually posts most of the service on You Tube and Facebook, so I'll just watch when I'm waiting in line or before bed.

Do you remember the Crystal Catherdral and Robert Schuller with his Hour of Power, it used to be on tv? That is located about 5 minutes away from Disneyland, but he is gone now and the church is now a Catholic church. But I considered going there, I remember it was so pretty on tv.

I was in WDW last year around Easter, I left two days before Easter Sunday and there was going to be an Easter service at the Contemporary. I think it was non-denominational and in the afternoon. But like you said it isn't a weekly thing anymore.

I remember that church. All that light and it had those giant doors near the alter at the back. It's a pretty cool structure.

image.jpeg

donaldtoo

So we saw Beauty and the Beast this afternoon, it was hub, me and a friend of mine. It was pretty fantastic. I think I liked it better than the remake of Cinderella. It was pretty true to the animated feature but there were quite a few differences as well, there was even a reference to a version of the Beauty and the Beast story I read as a child before the Disney version was even made. My friend is not as up on her Disney movies (although I try through movie nights) really liked it as well, she said she was in suspense for a lot of it. She hadn't watched the animated one before.:eek: So I highly recommend it!

A funny thing though, before the movie started there was a preview for Pirates coming out in May and my friend turned to me and said "Pirates is a Disney movie?" I was like :eek:! How are we even friends!?!?!

Oh my!!! :eek:
She needs a bit of a Disney education...!!! :hilarious: ;)

Songbird76

Hi....I just wanted to say I'll be gone for a bit. I got a call about an hour ago that my dad passed away. It was peaceful, they aren't sure what caused it. He had just been to the doctor about a stomach bug yesterday and the doctor gave him a clean bill of health and said he could live for years. God, I just said yesterday I hoped he had years, but couldn't complain if he was taken because he had 84 years...I take that back. I didn't think it would be less than 24 hours. Anyway...my brain isn't functioning...sorry. It's 3 a.m. and I can't DO anything because it's the middle of the night and nothing will be open until morning, but anyway, I will be headed for the States as soon as I can manage it, so that's why I won't be here. I would appreciate prayers and positive thoughts and pixie dust and whatever you can throw my way. Thanks!

Songbird76

Thank you. I'm going to go try to find something to distract me until I can do something functional and practical. I really can't think, but there's no way I can go back to sleep now. Tell your loved ones you love them. If there's one thing I'm glad of, it's that I told my dad I loved him yesterday, and that I got to see him this summer and he got to spend some time with his grandkids. I had hoped for one more trip, but at least we saw him.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Hi....I just wanted to say I'll be gone for a bit. I got a call about an hour ago that my dad passed away. It was peaceful, they aren't sure what caused it. He had just been to the doctor about a stomach bug yesterday and the doctor gave him a clean bill of health and said he could live for years. God, I just said yesterday I hoped he had years, but couldn't complain if he was taken because he had 84 years...I take that back. I didn't think it would be less than 24 hours. Anyway...my brain isn't functioning...sorry. It's 3 a.m. and I can't DO anything because it's the middle of the night and nothing will be open until morning, but anyway, I will be headed for the States as soon as I can manage it, so that's why I won't be here. I would appreciate prayers and positive thoughts and pixie dust and whatever you can throw my way. Thanks!
My sympathies too. Safe Travels.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

So sorry to hear about this. Prayers to you and your family for sure. Have a safe journey.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yeah, my hometown is 4.5 square miles, so about the same in area as yours. We have a grocery store, though most people don't get their groceries there..it's more for the emergency and daily stuff...like, bread and milk. Everything else you go to the next town over to get and you stick everything in the freezer so you only have to go once every 2 weeks and just hit the local store for the daily staples or anything you forgot or have a desperate need for. That's really it...we don't have any clothing stores or anything, though there is a new restaurant and they actually got a Subway a few years ago....the only fast food place in town. The big industry there is coal though...but most people choose to live in the next town over, even though it's farther away from the biggest mine. So that town has all the stuff...the movie theater, the roller rink...and the district doesn't invest in the school in my town because it doesn't benefit a large number of students. The money all gets pumped into the big town's schools. Their elementary schools are better equipped than my hometown's high school.
Our schools are 90% funded by the local residents and industry. Long ago the townies knew if they wanted good schools it was up to the residents. They always score a 10. The buildings are old but modern. Tech cutting edge. Pay and benefits that most teachers could only dream of. Plus no kid gets away with anything here when about town. We know them all by name. Great place to raise a kid from a parent standpoint but also why my kids went to huge Universities. Anonymity

donaldtoo

Oh dear.
My sincerest condolences. Not much else I need to say about such a sad loss, other than hope your travels are safe and smooth, and that all the arrangements that go along with his passing go as smoothly as possible.
Again, my sincerest condolences.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Hi @Gabe1 . College kid is doing good. Made Dean's List, though I think his dad and I were more impressed than himself. He had spring break last week. DD and I are off this week. It is really strange that we have different breaks, now.

DD is ready for high school. Of course, she was ready before 8th grade started. I'm not ready, but nobody asked me. Big band trip planned for her Freshman year. Don't want to say anything, yet, but I am trying to tag along. At least for part of it.

Thanks for asking. How is everything in your neck of the woods?

So good to hear from you! I'd be proud too of the Dean's List, so awesome and a good school. Glad he adjusted well to college life. Did you adjust pretty well to him being gone?

My DD too was so over middle school, then high school. She wasn't so over college, didn't miss the homework but she still misses her University. Everything here is pretty much the same. We are plugg'n along-can't wait for the weather to be nice and we can take our bikes out on the trails again.

donaldtoo

I love when things like this happen. We got bump'd out of POR right as AKL was Grand Opening. We did so well. The phone offer to our Travel Agent was bump to AKL and $400 in Disney Dollars upon check in. Of course we took the bump. It was a trip that included the 4th of July so the pool was a bonus there as the resort was far from full unlike POR. Upon check in they could not find the $400 in Disney Dollars but the notes were in our reservation. So they just whipped out $400 in Disney Dollars and bump'd us up to a pool view room with a balcony along with a queen bed and bunkbeds for the kids. Score! The next day on our table was the then 'found' $400 in Disney Dollars from Walt Disney Travel Corp. I went down to the desk (honest person I am) and they said there was nothing they could do with them as they were issued by WDWTC and told me to enjoy. So an overbooked POR on a Holiday weekend, bump'd to brand new AKL and $800 in Disney Dollars = Wondrous vacation though aliabet hot.

I remember you posting about this before.
That definitely would have been awesome...!!!!! :joyfull: :)

StarWarsGirl

So I sprained my ankle. And for those that have been on this thread for a long time, you know it's something I tend to do a lot, but this time it really was not my fault.

Earlier today, I was headed for the break room when I heard a crash and then a "Sh*t". I found my supervisor had fallen. As in completely, I found her on the ground. She had slipped. We checked the floor, but found nothing she would have slipped on, so she thought it was her shoe.

Then later, I went in the break room...and slipped. In the exact same spot where she had. Hours later. Except I didn't go completely down; I just managed to sprain my ankle. It swelled almost immediately; it was like watching a balloon inflate. I hobbled downstairs, reported that the break room floor needs cleaning, and then went and told my supervisor she wasn't crazy. Needless to say, she was not happy. We put a sign on the door warning the floor was slippery.

Then I told my coworker about it, and she said someone ELSE had nearly fallen in that break room earlier. :banghead: Good grief. So we shall see if it gets cleaned in a timely fashion, and if not, well, I'd hate to be the person who will have to deal with my supervisor.

On to more pleasant things: I really enjoyed Beauty and the Beast. Can't decide what was my favorite moment. Musical number, definitely "Gaston". Moment: tie between Mrs. Potts getting very offended at being called Chip's grandmother, and then Cogsworth at the end...:hilarious:
When his wife comes up, and she was basically the village shrew, and she's all happy to see him, and he says: "Please turn back into a clock":hilarious:

My criticism is still the same: they really needed to dub Emma Watson. Her voice, while very pretty, just didn't match the others. And Belle did too little singing for her part. In the stage musical, she sings two songs by herself. This one, it's one song, very briefly. If they had dubbed her, then the character could have done more singing. Other than that, she was fine as Belle.

But her singing was not as bad as Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia. That's quite possibly the worst offender of all time.:rolleyes:

Gabe1

We have loads of clover, and dh cannot stand it, as well as other weeds creeping around the lawn. He has fertilized and nothing helps. He is in the process of de-thatching the lawn now.(Well not this very second, as he is at work.;)) What did you do to get rid of them?

I use the the liquid Scott's that you hook up to the garden hose and just linger over the areas with dandelions and clover. When I get patches of crabgrass that usually takes a couple applications-that stuff is stubborn. The first time it kinda stuns it, sometimes the 2nd kills it if not it isn't spreading. But the clover it is almost always gone within a few days.

I'm old. I don't de-thatch. Actually never did...not on my chore list-nor is mowing a lawn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom