The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

k43G3R8.jpg
I think if I were a runner (which I'm not) I would consider a treadmill...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The Brown Derby lounge is outside some table have umbrellas. I guess the menu is more small plates, I don't believe you can order off the BD"s regular menu, however I remember they have a small version of the Cobb salad on the menu. Hubs and I have shared the sliders and the charchutterie (I know I spelled that wrong). Sharing the sliders was a mistake though, they were just too delicious to share. When I went on my solo trip last year I had the sliders all to myself. :hungry::inlove: The sliders are two different types, one with Waygu beef with cheese and bacon and a sauce of some sort and the other slider is duck confit with coleslaw. I usually don't like coleslaw but it is excellent on the duck slider.

My kids hate coleslaw. I love it. Coleslaw has become a very popular topping on BBQ sandwiches and sliders and some burgers. To my surprise both have a fondness for it on their BBQ sliders. We first had them at Scarecrow fest in an Irish Bar/Restaurant vs eating cari food outdoors in the fall with the bees. Not fun. Rapidly we have noticed the slaw appearing on many menus. Though both Philly and Atlanta for as long as I can remember had slaw on their Hotdogs forever, vinegar slaw and creamy-respectively.

Gabe1

Here it's not exactly a good thing. Even if you like snow. We've had some warm temperatures, so we were already getting plants blooming. If we get the snow, it will seriously disrupt everything. They're saying there might be no DC Cherry blossoms this year.

Plus if there's no work Tuesday, i don't get paid. I'd like to get paid.

We have trees with some pretty good buds on them. At my house we have crocuses starting to come up along with some tulips and also some of my perennials are trying to pop. 10 days of April/May weather prematurely did that.
Strangely the grass still looks winterized. Ugly olive.

Gabe1

We actually ended up getting lucky. Only maybe 2 inches? I think it was closer to 1. The roads melted quickly. The winds on the other hand were kind of vicious and we ended up getting a few squalls in the afternoon where it looked like a blizzard for 5 minutes and then the sun came out. I am hoping that the storm for Tuesday fizzles. Weather people now have a snowflake in for Wednesday also.:bawling::bawling: The temps they have too belong in January. We haven't had temps that cold this winter, or at least I don't remember. I mean for heavens sake, the daffodils were starting to come up and some of the trees were starting to come out of hibernation. :confused:

We had all of our snow and severe cold in December and several weeks of very cold in January. In both January and February we were dealing with ice storms then flooding rains. Now March we had April May severe thunderstorms and starting Sunday night through Tuesday morning they say snow. Hope they are wrong but it is dang cold again. 21 now with a feel like of 14. joy joy

I blame @MinnieM123 :facepalm:

Gabe1

Home health care can be pricey. I'm sorry to hear that she's not doing well. Hope you don't have to get to the point where she may need to eventually go into a nursing home. Sometimes, though, it is for the safety of the loved one, when she cannot properly make decisions for herself, and experiences multiple falls. My family had to deal with this somewhat similar type of situation some years ago, in the case of my own mother. It was a very, very tough decision for us, but necessary for her own safety.

I agree. Had to deal with all this with my Dad last year, one very long year. I'll keep you in my prayers and your Gran @Cesar R M

Gabe1

Curious--is the lounge at the Brown Derby a QS? Is it outdoors? I'm trying to recall what I read about that last year. Also wondering if the food is more on the idea of small plates or bar (appetizer) foods?

Outside, small plates and some very filling. The Cobb salad is more than generous. I am a fan of their corn bisque soup and has multiple lobster fritters plopped on top. It is hearty and sticks with ya. It is pricey for soup, $13 but a good solid meal for me (unless it is 95 degrees then all bets are off-hot soup and outdoors) But it is pretty quick. I rarely eat anything quick at the studios, I go elsewhere, Rolls and the Lounge are about it for me. I really dislike the offerings at the picnic bench place down by the Tower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom