The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
See, I knew you would make something yummy. I'm at work and it's fruit and veggies for me. That and gallons of coffee.

I was out at Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Joann's today. I am going to fudge on dinner tonight and make a meal that isn't so healthful. Kraft Deluxe Cheese Noodles, Maple Johnsonville breakfast sausages and apple sauce.

FutureCEO

My 2nd interview went brilliantly, I thought. Thought I was going to have a tough time getting there because of one way streets but didn't have any problems.

Plus, it helped I thought my interviewer was wicked cute. Yum :angelic:

Question is, should I send a thank you note or not? Sometimes I think the note is a bite too much.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I want to buy my mom the new Pitbull cd for Christmas. She is retired and built an indoor pool where she exercises daily while listening to Latin music. I think she will like his new song, Fireball.

That is thoughtful!

Your post, that I skimmed to quickly at first, I thought it said you were going to buy your Mom a Pittbull (dog) for Christmas and thought I was going to have to tip-toe in there and have something to say.......:oops:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My 2nd interview went brilliantly, I thought. Thought I was going to have a tough time getting there because of one way streets but didn't have any problems.

Question is, should I send a thank you note or not? Sometimes I think the note is a bite too much.

I don't think it would hurt to send a short thank you note. Politeness is always appreciated.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Creepy house picture of the day

View attachment 71637 ]

Yup, that's the picture of the very imposing, "Collinwood" in the old t.v series, Dark Shadows. I've veered off the Newport mansion tourist route a number of times, and walked over to Ruggles Ave., just to go by that huge, magnificent structure, with its enormous rolling lawn.

Again, I can't believe Salve Regina got ahold of that building since then, and turned it into a dormitory. Ugh.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The Annual Christmas Tour of the Newport Mansions sponsored by the Historical Society is really incredible. I haven't been there in years but it's definitely worth the trip.
-T

I've heard that the Christmas decorations are gorgeous at the mansions. I'm so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the festive, holiday ambiance.

Through the years, I've visited all these magnificent estates, operated by the Newport Preservation Society: The Breakers, Breakers Stable and Carriage House, Marble House, The Elms, Chateau Sur Mer, Chepstow, Kingscote, Rosecliff, and the Isaac Bell House. Also toured the Newport Restoration Foundation's, Rough Point (former home of Doris Duke), as well as the (privately run) Belcourt Castle.

Most of the mansions are seasonal from spring through late fall. In the winter through early March, only The Breakers, The Elms, and Marble House remain open for tours.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Absolutely, send a brief, polite thank-you note. Never underestimate small, professional gestures.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yup, it's an ear infection.
New prescription ear drops - Ciprodex.

Should be good to go for Saturday. The doctor also suggested taking Advil Cold & Sinus the day before and day of, flying.

Best wishes to you, and I hope that your ear clears up quickly. We all just want you to go and enjoy your well-deserved vacation. :) (And if you had a few moments during your trip, feel free to slip us a picture of a fun place in the parks, or a great ride you're going on !)

Goofyernmost

I had my snow tires put on today.
Has anyone else done so yet?
Happy to say I don't do that anymore! :happy: Truth be known, I haven't put on snow tires since the late 70's or so. As soon as All Seasons were available, I went to that. After years of living in Vermont, I never had a problem with my all seasons, especially on front wheel drive cars that I owned.

Sorry.
Yep, never a good sign when the interviewer is an igit.
Sure but that "igit" has a job and the applicant doesn't. So either the person wasn't as much an "igit" as was thought or, and this is possible, they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Couldn't hurt. Shows that you have social skills and that you appreciate the opportunity given with the interview. It also could possibly make a difference when they make the decision, especially if the others thought it was lame to send one out. If you happen to use the word bit in the note be sure to spell it correctly. ;)

SagamoreBeach

Send the note. I always think it a nice touch when i get one after an interview.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom