The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

BINGO!! We have a winner. That was the key element here. Everyone knew each other; people didn't move much at all. We grew up around neighbors of families, and we'd see the kids grow from infants, straight through to college or go in the service. After the kids moved on, the parents still lived there.

And, everyone knew the elderly widow down the street, and she was a big part of our group. My brothers used to shovel the snow for her. She offered them money, but they never took it. In the winter, she liked making hot chocolate for all the kids. She'd see us outside her window, sledding on the street, and call us over to her house. It wasn't the instant hot chocolate either; it was the real deal!!! :hungry:
UM4t1De.jpg

Cesar R M

I'd be very sober. No Frozen this year. The most popular costumes that visited my house were TMNT and Monster High.
TMNT and Guardians of the Galaxy where very high right now,
theres Rocket Raccoon suits everywhere online.
Also Groots!

tumblr_ncdcv3aIY21s593a1o2_500(2).jpg

lil__star_lord_and_baby_groot_by_kjerstengallagher-d7yi5iz.jpg

tumblr_nb9b38w51O1rgdjn8o3_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nafvioqRbH1qmzikoo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9juxbgbss1rqed5jo7_1280.jpg

View attachment 71634

3 days until Halloween. :)

(My daughter says this is our Halloween potrait. :joyfull: Must be the red hair. ;) :angelic:)
you both have elven pointing ears as well? o_O

FutureCEO

Better than going to the mansions in summer time? Same amount or same houses on Christmas as summer tours or do they open up more?

Very Bloody Yes. Times might be be a little different. And some are only open during the summer but the big ones are open year round. Summer in Newport is crazy traffic.

Summer you get dumb tourist. Well, rest of the year too. Sorry. The main road to the mansions, there is no breakdown lane, yet people stop to take pictures. And slow down to see the buildings. And go 2 miles an hour down the road. URGHHHHH

On the flip side...it is summer and nice weather

My senior class in high school thought about having our prom at The Breakers but it was too small.
---------------
Graduation was right on the cliff walk and it was funny to see tourist look in.
Same thing with weddings too. My friend got married in Ochre Court and tourist were trying to peek in

Last edited:

willtravel

I think so...I love Christmas. Summer is just full of tourists and traffic. Totally expected when talking about a vacation destination...just like here on Cape Cod....tourists and traffic!
-T
I have been to Newport in the spring and did a AAA tour package and I think it was 5 or 6 mansions. Enjoyed it then. Hubby and I have 5 days off at Thanksgiving and I have done some home Christmas tours but trying to find some new one's.

donaldtoo

Now THAT is fascinating!! I love learning about the older farm methods. That was also very labor intensive, from your description. Heck, the closest I ever came to molasses was pouring it from the bottle (the brand was called Grandma's). Thanks for sharing. :happy:

You're welcome! :)
Yep, it was quite time consuming. Even feeding the cane through the press and bottling it all took quite some time, but, it sure was fun. :happy:
We got a break while it cooked.
We brought 5 1-gallon glass jars home with us...! :hungry:
However, none was used for enemas. :(

:joyfull: :D ;) :)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I was supposed to take my bros to Costco this afternoon.

As soon as I found out the Prime Minister is attending Nathan Cirillo's funeral today, I re-scheduled.
Our Costco is located just off the highway, halfway between the airport and the funeral home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom