The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
At the ER right now. 4 year old doctor woke up breathing funny, gasping for air. Contacted a friend of ours that is a physician here in town and he recommended an ER visit before it got any worse. Said her airways sounded inflammed. Pretty scary stuff for this dad. As is life I suppose.
Fingers crossed that all ends well

Figgy1

I very often wonder about that. Just how long do people think that they are going to be unable to get to a store. Unless it's a two week long blizzard that doesn't stop until it is deeper then your house, I fail to see any scenario in todays world that would prevent any more then a two day need. Yet, they stock up for months at a time. Peoples is so silly.
We've been snowed in for as long as 5 days because I'm in the middle of nowhere. 5 days food with my boys being home and shoveling snow is months of food for some people:banghead: I remember a Valentine's Day storm which was ice, snow and then more ice 5 days inside and then a blizzard a few years ago 5 days again. So I'm going to spend Sunday cooking if it looks like it may turn into one of those types of storms. Worst case is I won't have to cook until the end of the week:)

Last edited:

Figgy1

You can always feast on Grilled Cheese.
img_3158-jpg.199522
I can't:(

Figgy1

I guess it varies in areas and maybe by population density too. Can't say I've ever seen food in the quantities being purchased for a Storm. Yes, I see it all the time during good sales and by some at Costco and Sam's on any given day.
Shop Rite has something called the Can Can sale and I've been known to fill 2 shopping carts at a time if not more. I only buy canned goods twice a year for the most part:) except for canned white beans because I like Wegman's much more because the taste and texture is closer to dried.

Figgy1

A good mother you have. :inlove:

My DD Christmas tree crashed last Friday. There were casualties splattered all over the floor. The tree, well it was down for the count. Sent her away.

Got a tree. Did damage control, replaced a few ornaments. When she came home she was met by a lit tree ready to be trimmed the next day and more importantly a Margarita.
You are a wonderful mother.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I guess it varies in areas and maybe by population density too. Can't say I've ever seen food in the quantities being purchased for a Storm. Yes, I see it all the time during good sales and by some at Costco and Sam's on any given day.

Oh I have seen it, :p as has @Goofyernmost in his area. What I always enjoy watching is the local news just prior to any snowstorm. They always have their "reporters" (if you can call them that . . .) out there with the camera guy at supermarkets, filming the frenzy. The interviews they conduct with the customers are always hilarious, too. Every year, every storm, they all say the same things.

It's far better to just keep some canned items, peanut butter, crackers and munchies etc., at home and a few loaves of bread in the freezer, on a regular basis throughout the year. The only item I would run out of would be milk, but I really don't care about that for a few days, if I couldn't get to a store. (Plus I use half & half in my coffee, and that lasts a few weeks in the frig anyway.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
A good mother you have. :inlove:

My DD Christmas tree crashed last Friday. There were casualties splattered all over the floor. The tree, well it was down for the count. Sent her away.

Got a tree. Did damage control, replaced a few ornaments. When she came home she was met by a lit tree ready to be trimmed the next day and more importantly a Margarita.

Awww . . . a happy ending! :)

FutureCEO

Oh I have seen it, :p as has @Goofyernmost in his area. What I always enjoy watching is the local news just prior to any snowstorm. They always have their "reporters" (if you can call them that . . .) out there with the camera guy at supermarkets, filming the frenzy. The interviews they conduct with the customers are always hilarious, too. Every year, every storm, they all say the same things.

It's far better to just keep some canned items, peanut butter, crackers and munchies etc., at home and a few loaves of bread in the freezer, on a regular basis throughout the year. The only item I would run out of would be milk, but I really don't care about that for a few days, if I couldn't get to a store. (Plus I use half & half in my coffee, and that lasts a few weeks in the frig anyway.)

I always found that out to be hilarious. Tomorrow is my normal day to shop but I'm buying milk so it's going to look like I'm hunkering down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom