The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Princess Leia

The most insane Pyro we have seen (outside Disney) was at a WWF (when it was called that) event in Manchester:oops:. We were in the nosebleed seats but got a sweat on because of it. :cool:
That's a lot of pyro lol
Just happened to think about this, might need the help of someone who has seen Phantom in the last 5 or 6 years:
To make the chandelier crash, the Phantom appeared to shoot some sort of 'rocket' at it, which caused the lights to sputter, then explode, before it fell. How did this happen before? It appeared to be a new technique, but I can't remember how he made it crash last time I saw it.

A W Reezy

The most insane Pyro we have seen (outside Disney) was at a WWF (when it was called that) event in Manchester:oops:. We were in the nosebleed seats but got a sweat on because of it. :cool:

WWE is great on pyrotechnics. I always recommend going to a show live because it's usually pretty entertaining (sports entertainment, right?). I got tickets to Wrestlemania in April. Should be a heck of a show.

Princess Leia

I saw it on Broadway with Howard McGillin play The Phantom and I have to agree it was fantastic. The only other Broadway show I have to say I've enjoyed better is Wicked.
I saw Wicked 8 years ago in Chicago and would love to see it again. IMO, my favorite shows that I've seen live (in this order) are Phantom, Lion King, Mamma Mia!, and Beauty & the Beast (my first Broadway show). Hamilton would probably be second on the list if I actually had the means to see it live (and not in the bootleg form that shows up every once in awhile on YouTube, shhhh).

The only thing that I think keeps Wicked from being a truly great show is pacing. There are some songs that while I know why they're there, I don't know why they can't be better. 'Something Bad', 'A Sentimental Man', and 'Wonderful' should probably get retooled for the film version (though I feel like 'Something Bad' is going to be cut, and I can't say that it would make me upset for that to happen). It's a great show, and 'As Long As You're Mine' is probably one of my favorite romantic duets, I just wish that darn pacing could get fixed lol

I saw Wicked 8 years ago in Chicago and would love to see it again. IMO, my favorite shows that I've seen live (in this order) are Phantom, Lion King, Mamma Mia!, and Beauty & the Beast (my first Broadway show). Hamilton would probably be second on the list if I actually had the means to see it live (and not in the bootleg form that shows up every once in awhile on YouTube, shhhh).

The only thing that I think keeps Wicked from being a truly great show is pacing. There are some songs that while I know why they're there, I don't know why they can't be better. 'Something Bad', 'A Sentimental Man', and 'Wonderful' should probably get retooled for the film version (though I feel like 'Something Bad' is going to be cut, and I can't say that it would make me upset for that to happen). It's a great show, and 'As Long As You're Mine' is probably one of my favorite romantic duets, I just wish that darn pacing could get fixed lol
As for the shows I have seen on Broadway I would have to say other than Wicked and Phantom that Rent, Aladdin and Lion King top my very short list. Hamilton would also be up there if I could ever afford it, but for right now it is just the Soundtrack.

Princess Leia

As for the shows I have seen on Broadway I would have to say other than Wicked and Phantom that Rent, Aladdin and Lion King top my very short list. Hamilton would also be up there if I could ever afford it, but for right now it is just the Soundtrack.
I wish I could add Hairspray and Grease to my favorite live shows list, but unfortunately they don't compare with the other ones to me. I don't know when I'll be in NYC or Chicago next, but I've got a list of show that I would love to see, Aladdin included.

Something I realized this morning (as I was driving to work, listening to Phantom)- the Hamilton soundtrack has more included than Phantom. Even with all of the songs included, the Phantom soundtrack was edited down to about 100 minutes. Hamilton? Not so much. There's only one song that didn't make it, and that's because it had the most dialogue of any of the scenes. Because of that, I've got about 2 1/2 hours of Hamilton lyrics memorized.

I wish I could add Hairspray and Grease to my favorite live shows list, but unfortunately they don't compare with the other ones to me. I don't know when I'll be in NYC or Chicago next, but I've got a list of show that I would love to see, Aladdin included.
Aladdin was fantastic. I actually prefer the Movie of Grease more the Stage version of Grease so that is not high on my list. Hairspray is good, but not spectacular and I did actually like some of the Hairspray Live performance the other night.

Princess Leia

Aladdin was fantastic. I actually prefer the Movie of Grease more the Stage version of Grease so that is not high on my list. Hairspray is good, but not spectacular and I did actually like some of the Hairspray Live performance the other night.
Grease is an oddball. I watched the movie version first, then saw it when it came back on Broadway, and then a local theatre group put it on several years ago. The original show is not exactly my favorite thing to watch or listen to. I like the songs added to the movie, but unfortunately, it got rid of the side characters' personalities (example- T-Birds who are not Kenickie or Danny have one monotonous personality). The show I saw on Broadway combined the two, and it was pretty successful in the merger.

Grease is an oddball. I watched the movie version first, then saw it when it came back on Broadway, and then a local theatre group put it on several years ago. The original show is not exactly my favorite thing to watch or listen to. I like the songs added to the movie, but unfortunately, it got rid of the side characters' personalities (example- T-Birds who are not Kenickie or Danny have one monotonous personality). The show I saw on Broadway combined the two, and it was pretty successful in the merger.
I actually enjoyed Grease Live as well and one of the T-Birds other than Danny and Kenickie that I did enjoy in that version because they developed him more with his guitar playing and gave him "Those Magic Changes" to sing was Doody. I also liked that they did sort of the same thing with Marty of the Pink Ladies. Because usually the featured ones are Sandy, Rizzo, and even Frenchie.

Princess Leia

I actually enjoyed Grease Live as well and one of the T-Birds other than Danny and Kenickie that I did enjoy in that version because they developed him more with his guitar playing and gave him "Those Magic Changes" to sing was Doody. I also liked that they did sort of the same thing with Marty of the Pink Ladies. Because usually the featured ones are Sandy, Rizzo, and even Frenchie.
Doody and Marty are my favorites. 'Those Magic Changes' and 'Freddy My Love' are fun songs. I get why they were cut in the movie (time), but they're fun characters.

Figgy1

I completely agree. Canned goods, preferably some that can be eaten without warming up, because you may need to save heating and cooling powers for a time if the power goes off. In the winter and there is a snow storm that causes the power to go out, you always have the snow and cold to help preserve your food supply, but what do you do in the summer? Water, bread if it can be somehow preserved, canned goods and things that don't need heating up like spaghetti o-s, beans, fruit, tuna fish, etc. Peanut Butter is a great protein provider. and make sure you have a manual can opener. That will not be gourmet dining, but, this is survival not a visit to Trump Tower.

Edited for an added question.... Someplace in the back of my mind, I seem to remember that there was some type of canned bread. It's a very vague memory and it might have been some type of novelty bread. Does anyone else remember anything like that?
Boston brown bread comes in a can, I think B&M the bean company still makes it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom