The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I very often wonder about that. Just how long do people think that they are going to be unable to get to a store. Unless it's a two week long blizzard that doesn't stop until it is deeper then your house, I fail to see any scenario in todays world that would prevent any more then a two day need. Yet, they stock up for months at a time. Peoples is so silly.

More often than not it works out that way. Sadly with storms like Sandy and Katrina planning was a blessing for those who did.

Goofyernmost

More often than not it works out that way. Sadly with storms like Sandy and Katrina planning was a blessing for those who did.
I'm not against making sure you have enough for a few days, but, people tend to go crazy and buy enough to feed an army for 6 months. They over stock and then others that are just looking for basic amounts are unable to find it because they are sold out. Planning is always good, just reasonable planning.

Last edited:

Gabe1

I'm not against making sure you have enough for a few days, but, people tend to go crazy and buy enough to feed an army of 6 months. They over stock and then others that are just looking for basic amounts are unable to find it because they are sold out. Planning is always good, just reasonable planning.

I guess it varies in areas and maybe by population density too. Can't say I've ever seen food in the quantities being purchased for a Storm. Yes, I see it all the time during good sales and by some at Costco and Sam's on any given day.

Gabe1

How most mothers comfort their upset children:

Gives hugs, maybe makes cookies

How my mother comforts me when I'm upset:
Pours me a glass of sangria, extra full, and puts orange peels in it.

A good mother you have. :inlove:

My DD Christmas tree crashed last Friday. There were casualties splattered all over the floor. The tree, well it was down for the count. Sent her away.

Got a tree. Did damage control, replaced a few ornaments. When she came home she was met by a lit tree ready to be trimmed the next day and more importantly a Margarita.

A W Reezy

At the ER right now. 4 year old doctor woke up breathing funny, gasping for air. Contacted a friend of ours that is a physician here in town and he recommended an ER visit before it got any worse. Said her airways sounded inflammed. Pretty scary stuff for this dad. As is life I suppose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom