The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

So this was made by my mom and I yesterday. They came out good...not as tall and wider than Disney's. And not enough custard in the middle. But the recipes that is on the Food Blog and other places is very lacking in directions and ingredient amounts.

14040018_642918332541088_7300885080015839239_n.jpg

betty rose

On an unrelated note, I now have three 3 week old kittens in the house. Looks like Mama abandoned them. 1 black and 2 dark gray tigers. 2 seem to be doing ok for now, worried about the runt tiger - it had wandered out of the barn into the rain. It doesn't want to eat, but I'm trying to save it.
I'm glad for the two, so sorry about the little one.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So this was made by my mom and I yesterday. They came out good...not as tall and wider than Disney's. And not enough custard in the middle. But the recipes that is on the Food Blog and other places is very lacking in directions and ingredient amounts.

14040018_642918332541088_7300885080015839239_n.jpg

They look good! And now that you have tried the recipe once it can now be modified to your liking. Whenever I try a new recipe I try to follow it exactly so I know how I can modify next time.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
OMG it's going to be a very, very busy day! I have to go food shopping and start on mount laundry which has never been higher! Not to mention all the cooking I have to do this week to restock the freezer.

I am envious of your work today....I'm heading over to school for awhile soon. I'm going to try to get some stuff set up and a bunch of copies made. I figure no one will be in this morning so I can monopolize the copier to my hearts content.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Time to fix breakfast. Why do we have to eat so many meals? Can you tell, I get tired of cooking. To the women on here, when you get married, make sure the hubby can cook (and likes too!)

My hubby does all the laundry. I would much rather to all the cooking, although he makes a few meals occasionally. Maybe some better advice is to make sure your spouse does the chore you really don't want to do! ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It really does make you stop and wonder what their priorities are. Certainly, students can still get a good education without an iPad. I also realize that we need to keep up with the times in terms of technology, etc., but I'm not so sure that an iPad would be a major deal-breaker here. I'd much prefer that the students learn in a healthy building environment.

@StarWarsGirl

My guess is the cost of overhauling a school for A/C vs the price of iPads are worlds apart in price even with as expensive as tech is. If a building was not built for A/C the main boiler room, vents and electrical system must be reworked. We did all this in conjunction with a building soundproofing for airplane noise back in the '80s. The soundproofing was a grant from the Feds but had to be fronted by school district. Long story but it took years to get the money back from the Feds and our loans were almost paid off which the District had a tax referendum to pay for. Even window units generally require a building rewiring to support the electrical drain. Window units also create more of a security risk as windows do not lock down and units can be stolen or pulled to gain access to buildings. So many issues.

Our attorney's put a backdoor in that '80's referendum (kinda tricked the taxpayers legally) and as long as the loans were left open the district could keep loaning extra money. We have used that for major repairs over the decades. We do not have to go back to the taxpayers and go to referendum to loan large sums of money for construction. When we finally received reimbursement from the Feds for the original funds owed for soundproofing which was like 10 million (small district) district put that money into reserves and is never touched, it is a rainy day or disaster fund. But the money in reserves now close to a full year budget affords the district a much lower interest rate for projects and a perfect bond rating. But the district has always been mindful when taking out additional bonds that those funds must be paid back out of the yearly budget so something else will get less funding that year.

Laws require funds received for budget years be spent or basically returned to taxpayers so it isn't like you can 'save up.' Also school budgets and line items cannot be reallocated without a great deal of effort and some items if funded or partially by state or Feds needs to be used only for those line items. So like us if there is a tech grant the district cannot move those funds into a Capital Project like A/C, it is against the law. My feeling is your district must put a tax referendum on the ballot to get permission from the taxpayers for a major Capital Project. It only needs a simple majority to pass however advocates for lower taxes are usually the ones that come out in droves to defeat tax increases. If it is something you genuinely feel strongly about you can address your school board and start the process of requesting your district go to referendum to rehab the school buildings that lack A/C. For us way back then A/C was necessary to soundproof the buildings so the original referendum of the 80's was easier to get the community behind.

I sometimes believe School Boards and administrators get a bad rap for how funds are spent. Not everyone has a good understanding on how a budget is constructed, attends meetings when districts are constructing the line items for budgets or grasps the rules of funding for sources like the State and Feds vs local tax revenue. They just look at a pile of money and don't think through what needs to be spent on students vs buildings and construction or mandates for special education funding along with transportation. It really makes ones head want to implode. And note here anyhow aside from Chicago, boards are an elected position (we can be voted out) and it is a volunteer of time, we do not get paid.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Great news. Although, I don't add salt to my margarita. Personally, I think my blood pressure was through the roof at having to see a new Dr. after 17 years. And getting no notice. Change for me at this age is hard. It takes me a long time to know a Dr. at the Dr.s office. And Gary was the nicest person. Judy, our new Dr. is younger, and really nice. But, I'm reserving judgement.

And like I said previously give it a month or so and start googling your old doctors name and type of practice. His/her name will likely start to pop up where he is practicing now and your insurance may allow you to transfer back to that Doc like I did for my Mom, same Doc just a different location. She was happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom