The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

It really does make you stop and wonder what their priorities are. Certainly, students can still get a good education without an iPad. I also realize that we need to keep up with the times in terms of technology, etc., but I'm not so sure that an iPad would be a major deal-breaker here. I'd much prefer that the students learn in a healthy building environment.
They can most certainly get by. It's far more important that they have a healthy environment. There are still several schools without air conditioning. The high school my brother goes to (and I went to) desperately needs renovation. I'm 99% sure that my college, and even the public one where I took Spanish, are both cleaner than the high school ever was. And class sizes are continually increasing. I've had fewer students in my college classes than most of my high school classes.

So glad I'm not in the public school system anymore. I got a very good education there, but I don't understand the logic behind so many of their decisions.

Cesar R M

I had a friend that worked at a bank back in the mid 80's. At the time, she told me that all cash transactions would be a thing of the past in about 5 years (1990-ish).
I have yet to run into a place anywhere that doesn't accept cash, but, I have been to places where their credit card machine is down and the only thing they can do are cash transactions. Fortunately, they all had ATMs...! ;)
probably because even if the technology is incredibly advanced, it still failsand they need a "fallback".

Cesar R M

The whole thing was weird. The item was a gift from JetBlue for completing a survey, but, I had to pay for the freight. OK, it was pretty cheap. Then the CC company refused to honor it and sent me an e-mail telling me to resubmit if I felt it was legitimate. By that time, I had decided that I really didn't want the item so I just didn't redo the request. Two days later I get a call from the originating company asking for me to resubmit. At that time I said, no, I had changed my mind and no longer wanted the item. They said OK and that she would make a note in my account about it. Another two days goes by and I get another call from them (different person) asking me if I was going to authorize this charge. I replied that I already spoke with someone about that and had decided I didn't want the item. They said... oh, yea I see that on your record now. Sorry to have bothered you. Jump ahead about two weeks and I received a package in the mail and it was the item in question. I then checked my CC account and not only had I been charged the shipping cost, but, $95.00 for the actual item. I contacted my CC and objected to the charge with an explanation of what happened and they said they would investigate it. A week later, the entire amount was deducted from my CC billing.

Moral of the story... pay attention to your statements. I know so many that never take CC payment receipts and never check them out against their bill. It's easy to spot when you are the only one charging on the account, but, if a couple uses the same card it is easy for something to slip by if you don't have receipts.
Agree. All banks do these in some way or another, companies too.
Banks lately in my country love to sneak in "life insurances". That you never need or work properly.
Its a small amount per month but the benefits are almost null (as they have 500x times stronger "this insurance do not cover this" limitations).
Even if you tell them no, it might appear next month. my mother for example, had to object the same thing for 6 months straight(yeah, they kept adding her again and again every time she denied and objected)

Figgy1

Premium Member
OMG it's going to be a very, very busy day! I have to go food shopping and start on mount laundry which has never been higher! Not to mention all the cooking I have to do this week to restock the freezer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom