The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
It's always something. We had to have an old stump taken out today. We see another tree that needs to come down. We were told it would only get 8 ft. tall, it's over 40 ft. and still growing. Why do nursery's tell you one thing, and you spend a premium for a special Alberta Spruce, and get a regular spruce, that can get to 100 ft?
That was just issue #1 for today. This afternoon we got a call, and long story short, someone had the card number on one of our Disney Visas and was making fraudulent purchases.

We live in a wooded area. It's gotten to the point where a tree has to come down about once a year. We had a pine that was supposed to get really tall and ended up really sick when it got to about 8 ft. Had to come down. We'd like to put another one there, but not if it's just going to get sick like the other one did.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks so much! He actually didn't compromise that much though. I'm
only getting to go for four days and three nights. But beggars can't be choosers....or something. And that's okay cause I'm just gonna use that as a excuse to say I have to go again next year! He better hope I don't find a bounce back offer in that room. ;)

The bounce back offers are listed in the back of the guide pamphlet in the folder in your room. Opps, now you know where to find it! ;):)

betty rose

That was just issue #1 for today. This afternoon we got a call, and long story short, someone had the card number on one of our Disney Visas and was making fraudulent purchases.

We live in a wooded area. It's gotten to the point where a tree has to come down about once a year. We had a pine that was supposed to get really tall and ended up really sick when it got to about 8 ft. Had to come down. We'd like to put another one there, but not if it's just going to get sick like the other one did.
We had people using our Disney Visas, they bought a computer and lot's of gas using our card. The card was only used at one gas station in Florida. We don't drive or use a personal card in Florida anymore.

Figgy1

Thanks so much! He actually didn't compromise that much though. I'm
only getting to go for four days and three nights. But beggars can't be choosers....or something. And that's okay cause I'm just gonna use that as a excuse to say I have to go again next year! He better hope I don't find a bounce back offer in that room. ;)
just member if you don't see it call and ask

Cesar R M

I bought myself a portable phone charger today. I just might run out of battery power in the park, if I decide to take a lot of pics with my cell phone. Normally, I pass my camera to the photos people to take my pic, even when I have memory maker. However, this trip I am going to pass them my iPhone instead. That way, it's going to be a whole lot easier to send pics home, or post a pic on a website. Besides cameras are tricky. Not everyone knows how to use another person's camera. However, phone cameras are becoming easier and easier for folks to use.
as someone who uses a DSLR. I know that feel of people not having to knowledge to handle a big camera other than a phone.
The good thing is.. almost all the memory maker and photopass CMs uses the same brand as I do, so they always take above average photos with my DSLr.

Cesar R M

I'm a business major. It comes with the territory. Also, it's the cold, hard truth.
Lets use that logic to all companies.
Exxon primary job is to produce money by Oil.
So that means I can defend them every time theres a oilspill because "Exxon is a business!, They need to earn money! The cost cuts are required! even if their ships are falling apart!".

Get my point?
Just because its "cold hard truth" doesn't means it should be the norm.

Walmarts are much bigger than Disney shops are and, for the most part, aren't doing any unique merchandise. The majority of their stuff they are producing themselves. Whereas if Disney is producing at their maximum and lowering prices would increase demand, then yes, production costs would increase.
I'm talking about products that are IDENTICAL and non exclusive. Disney hardly has exclusive stuff anymore.
I've seen almost everything from the emporium in the shops that are by Universal Studios at a fraction of the cost.
Disney technically is a powerhouse now that they also handle and control the line of toys of Star Wars and other big merchandises.
Pretty sure their costs are minimal and ultra maximized for efficiency(they have a merchandise guy running the parks for gods sake. Now lets not forget that most parks are no longer offering exclusive content for each park, most are under the "Disney Parks" brand now).

It is also worth-noting that Disney's products purchased on property are pretty on-par with other "specialty" merchandise purchased at venues. For instance, I use prices I pay for food and merchandise at Orioles games to Disney's prices. Disney's food prices are slightly higher, but the quality of their food is overall better (in spite of Camden Yards having pretty decent food). Disney's merchandise is actually cheaper. Food prices at Hershey Park (which has cheaper tickets) were similar to Disney's prices.

Believe me, I believe Disney is far from perfect, but their pricing, from a business perspective, makes sense.
Worth nothing that games like the Orioles are a single time events. Not almost 12/7/364(if not longer) as Disney Parks.

Also, let';s nose the "if everyone does this, I should do this" mentality is also damaging.
If I punch in the gut, and then someone else punches you in the gut. Is it ok to punch you because "everyone is doing it"? I hope you get my point ;)

Kinda reminds me the illegal arrangement between Disney and other studios to prevent raising prices to high skilled animators by "doing what everyone is doing". Aka keep the wages artificially lower.

Cesar R M

Sadly, no. We just replaced the battery last year, and we tried jump starting it, and it did not work. It will have to be towed to the dealer tomorrow. The think it's the starter. Or it could possibly be that, since it was sitting there for two weeks, something got up there and ate something. I'm hoping if it's anything that will take more than just a day that they can give me a loaner vehicle. They're nice that way since we never take our vehicles anywhere else for service but to them.
good luck with that. being carless is darn annoying. Specially if you're constantly on the move to do shores.

Cesar R M

It's always something. We had to have an old stump taken out today. We see another tree that needs to come down. We were told it would only get 8 ft. tall, it's over 40 ft. and still growing. Why do nursery's tell you one thing, and you spend a premium for a special Alberta Spruce, and get a regular spruce, that can get to 100 ft?
Plot twist.. your spruce loves you so much because of your care.. and is proud to grow up to 200 ft for you ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom