The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Mine wasn't that bad....well, I didn't look too closely, but I don't think you could see the bone. But I sure felt like passing out or throwing up. But, I had to wait half an hour for hubby to get home to pick me up, then we waited another 20 mins in the waiting room at the doctor's office, even though hubby had called ahead while he was driving home from work. (thank God for hands free!!) Then they led me back to a room and I was in there for another...45 mins? I was not feeling well, I'll tell you. I knew it wasn't REALLY bad, but didn't expect to wait over an hour for the doctor, either.
Sympathy like again OUCH and get well soon xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Happy farm market Saturday. Except my dh is in the doghouse again. Last night when I started putting the overnight bag for the trip down together he said he needs new summer jammies:rolleyes::mad::banghead: I asked him a few weeks ago if he needed anything else and he said he was good. So it's 2 stops before pool time today. I hope all of you have a great weekend.

Songbird76

Happy farm market Saturday. Except my dh is in the doghouse again. Last night when I started putting the overnight bag for the trip down together he said he needs new summer jammies:rolleyes::mad::banghead: I asked him a few weeks ago if he needed anything else and he said he was good. So it's 2 stops before pool time today. I hope all of you have a great weekend.
More ammunition/guilt trip material with which to get more souvenirs!!! Enjoy pool time!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Unfortunately, I also have a huge drawback.I'm deaf and I cant speak spoken english very well(well I can, just not fluid and with a lots of "what? can you repeat?)

Oh, I was referring to electronic communication. For example, you converse very well here in English on the forums. I was thinking about jobs that were computer based. There are more and more of these types of jobs nowadays.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sympathy like

Edited for clarity below for everyone: Fyi: I was responding to Figgy's comment above, as she was replying to Bets' previous post, about the situation with Bets' new roof they had to install after a hail storm. It dawned on me that is someone was quickly scanning the posts here, they might not understand what my post below was referring to. :)

Yikes. I can't even imagine how expensive that must have been . . . :cautious:

Reminds me of when I was a kid, growing up in a (middle class to wealthy) town. I recall a field trip that the school was going to take us on, and all my parents had to do was give me a little money for food, since the field trip was an all-day event. One of my little pals said she couldn't go, because her parents didn't have any extra money that week. I told my father that and couldn't understand how a family who owned a house in our upscale area, could not possibly have enough money to give to their kid, for some snacks.

My father explained that some people were "house poor" and that meant that between mortgage payments and all the upkeep on houses, some people barely had enough left over for other necessities. Even as a young kid, that was a wake-up moment for me.

Just so you know, my father got in touch with the girl's parents and offered to lend a few dollars for the child's lunch. (He specifically said, "lend" out of respect to the parents. He felt that just "giving" the money might have hurt their feelings. Smart man.) They were so grateful and did pay my father back the next month.

Lot of lessons learned from that situation from start to finish. :)

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
THNX that's what I've heard look for the ugliest oyster in the tank. Twins would also be nice. I'm sure I'll be happy with any pearl from Disney.

I'm really excited about this for you. It's great that you had gift cards to cover the cost, too. Will you go to the pearl counter at Misukoshi Dept. Store (Japan Pavilion) to do this, or are you going to the one at Disney Springs? (I hope you go to the Japan Pavilion, as I think it's so much nicer and atmospheric there for this wonderful experience for you.) :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

But, but . . . your countdown ticker indicates over 34 days until the vacation, so why the rush for his new summer jammies for the trip? :confused: By the way, next weekend is the 4th holiday, so all the stores will be having big discount sales. Maybe go shop then? There's still plenty of time after next week as well.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I'm really excited about this for you. It's great that you had gift cards to cover the cost, too. Will you go to the pearl counter at Misukoshi Dept. Store (Japan Pavilion) to do this, or are you going to the one at Disney Springs? (I hope you go to the Japan Pavilion, as I think it's so much nicer and atmospheric there for this wonderful experience for you.) :)
Seaworld is even better as they actually dive for your oyster

MOXOMUMD

Both DDs are flying to LA tomorrow. The lady that founded the workout group they're members of is sponsoring a session in the Rose Bowl this weekend.
If y'all remember, our DDs sponsored an event here in Austin a while back, and women came from as far away as California and Canada.
Oldest is out tonight, and youngest is babysitting, and asked us to run an errand for her.
Great excuse on a Friday night for.......
Catfish Parlour...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Funny thing is, DS was the only one that had catfish this time around...!!! :hilarious:

My serve yourself Caesar Salad, hush puppies with jalapeño tartar sauce, and my Shiner Bock...! :hungry:

View attachment 147993

My spicy fried oysters...! :hungry:

View attachment 147994

All you can eat beer beans and slaw, and DWifeys chicken fried steak in the background...! :hungry:

View attachment 147995

Sunset on the drive home...! :happy:

View attachment 147996
Pretty sunset. :)

betty rose

it stops being cheap when I mention in tiny letters "customers must pay entrance to theme parks, trips, taxis, food to follow the customers around". ;)
Hubby has some solid ideas for you. He will send you a private mail soon. He has worked with people in Mexico, for several years. I hope this will help
Hahaaa...!
This post reminded me of @betty rose's Friday picture thing, so here is me on our way to the San Antonio Livestock Show and Rodeo, back in about 1965...! :hilarious: :)

View attachment 147923

And look, no tutu...!!!!!! :joyfull: :D ;) :)
I love this, you are an adorable cowboy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom