The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This happened last night at dinner..

Me: *pulls out phone*
Dad: What are you doing with that phone?
Me: Checking the O's game score.
Dad: That is acceptable. Continue.

After we'd finished eating
Dad: Okay, time to take out your phone again.

The Orioles are very important. :hilarious:

I'm confused. I thought you went with your friend to DL. Did you also go with your family and your friend as well? Either way, I'm sure you're having fun. I enjoyed reading your recap about the DL rides you've been on. Thought it was interesting that SW is longer in DL than in WDW, too.

StarWarsGirl

I'm confused. I thought you went with your friend to DL. Did you also go with your family and your friend as well? Either way, I'm sure you're having fun. I enjoyed reading your recap about the DL rides you've been on. Thought it was interesting that SW is longer in DL than in WDW, too.
I'm here with my family. My friend and I are talking about coming in January because we purchased DL APs and I think it's a waste to use it for only one trip.

Jwhee

Hey guys, decided to put this in the chit chat thread.

A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to start making vlog youtube videos, so I finally created some. Not many people have seen them yet so I'd like to leave some here and maybe receive some feedback if you have any. Thanks!

Mako soft opening & exploring SeaWorld

Reign Of Kong Soft Opening Vlog-

donaldtoo

Got back from DWifeys company 15 year anniversary picnic a little while ago. A smashing success! When we thanked the boss on our way out he said they're gonna' make it an annual event...! :)
He started the company, and now there are close to 500 employees in 8 states.

It was overcast the whole time, so, although it was humid, that kept the temps down. It started to sprinkle as things were wrapping up. Perfect timing...! :)

donaldtoo

Some pics from the picnic...

DWifey and her teammate after the canoe race...

image.jpeg

They came in dead last... :oops: ;)

Dunk the boss tank... :D

image.jpeg

And, in he goes...!!! :joyfull:

image.jpeg

Tug of war, with the boss going into the muddy water pit... :)

image.jpeg

Water balloon fight...! :)

image.jpeg

The boss and his wife with the prize wagon. We were all (adults, kiddos got a different one) given little nap sack type bags on the way in. There was a cup, a hand fan, a koozie, and a pair of cheapy, red, Wayfarer type shades in them. :) Five of them had golden tickets in them, but we didn't have one in any of ours... :( ;)

image.jpeg

And, some random shots of the grounds... :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

donaldtoo

No pics of our BBQ lunch. I was really hungry 'cause I skipped breakfast in anticipation of the feast, so I dug in straight away without even thinkin' of pics. :oops: Plus, although it was really good :hungry:, it looked pretty much like all the BBQ I've posted before...! ;)

We did, however, drive through Round Rock Donuts on the way home...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And....... :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull:

image.jpeg

donaldtoo

Unfortunately, I also have a huge drawback.I'm deaf and I cant speak spoken english very well(well I can, just not fluid and with a lots of "what? can you repeat?)

Yes, I'd imagine being deaf makes being bilingual, or multilingual, much more difficult.
Just curious...
I know you are going to get the upgrade at some point in the future, but, what can you hear with your present implant?
And, can you lip read Spanish, or maybe English too? Do you sign?
I can't even imagine how difficult it is to be deaf, but, I truly am interested.

MOXOMUMD

Some pics from the picnic...

DWifey and her teammate after the canoe race...

View attachment 148100

They came in dead last... :oops: ;)

Dunk the boss tank... :D

View attachment 148102

And, in he goes...!!! :joyfull:

View attachment 148103

Tug of war, with the boss going into the muddy water pit... :)

View attachment 148105

Water balloon fight...! :)

View attachment 148106

The boss and his wife with the prize wagon. We were all (adults, kiddos got a different one) given little nap sack type bags on the way in. There was a cup, a hand fan, a koozie, and a pair of cheapy, red, Wayfarer type shades in them. :) Five of them had golden tickets in them, but we didn't have one in any of ours... :( ;)

View attachment 148107

And, some random shots of the grounds... :)

View attachment 148108

View attachment 148109

View attachment 148110

View attachment 148111
What was the golden tickets for? A candy factory tour? ;)

donaldtoo

yeah, the only drawback about a studio is.. Its also a skill that is very underrated in my country.
For example, if you go to a USA pro photographer.. You will see they cost from 1000 USD to 6000 USD per session.
Here normal companies (which are not very good at photo sessions and have nowhere near the quality or the equipment) charge less than 40 USD per session. Kinda drags the prices down.

Back in the mid 80's, this locally and nationally renowned photographer's house burned to the ground. Gray Hawn...

image.jpeg

She ended up hiring our firm for the redesign.
It was during a time in the firms initial years when the original owner/partner (who eventually left to pursue development), was the only one there with a few others of us in his employ.
Let's just say she was very interesting and eclectic. A very sweet lady though.
This was before CAD and we made so many changes to so many drawings over a period of time, that we had to redraw many sheets because we had erased through the velum...! :confused:
Doesn't happen with CAD...you can stretch and push in a heartbeat, and not have to erase and redraw. These architecture kiddos have it so easy these days...! ;)
We ended up designing another home for her several years later, after her husband passed.

Sorry for the long story, but, I wanted to set some (too much, I'm sure :oops: ;)) background.
Anyway, back in the mid 80's, her sitting fees were $5,000 for a 4-hour session...!!! :eek:

Your photography is spectacular, Cesar!
Whether atributed to natural talent, and/or maybe some heightened visual acuity that you have acquired due to being deaf, your pictures are amazing.
You seem to love it so much, too!
Of course, you are also an amazing computer guru...! ;)
Good luck with whatever path you follow...!!! :)

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Hi all...I'm a bit late getting here today. I have decided to give up cleaning. I was cleaning up in the kitchen today and a knife attacked me. I had to have my daughter call hubby to come home and take me to get stitches, which in the end they couldn't do, because the flap of skin was too thin around the edge to hold stitches, and it was in an awkward place which wouldn't stitch nicely. So they butterfly bandaged it and then wrapped the heck out of it to keep the bandages in place because they wouldn't stick with all the blood. But I'm fixed up now. DD was a complete superstar. She was very scared, but managed the phone calls with hubby since I had to use my left had to put pressure on the finger on my right hand and couldn't manage the phone. Not an experience I care to repeat, so I think I should just not clean ever again, right?View attachment 147846

Woof!
Sympathy like.
Hope it gets better, soon...!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom