The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I was thinking the same thing. We're going to eat on property on our main park days. On our fun days we'll pack a lunch and eat dinner back at the condo to save money. Over at UNI we'll book a few meals and maybe had off property to try a few local places.

The food at the resorts at Uni is expensive. The park food and some of City is down right reasonable by Disney Standards anyhow. I can understand you eating off property staying mostly off site anyhow. I will catch up with my DS and ask him if he has any recommendations for non-chain places though chains kinda bring some needed comfort from time to time.

Gabe1

My grandparents came from Ireland. Their families were very religious, Catholic. When my grandmother was in high school over there, the nuns had them take "the pledge"--no, I'm not making this up!! :hilarious: They gave each girl a cardboard card (a little larger in size than a credit card) with a picture of Jesus on it, and typed on the card was "the pledge" that the girls would not drink alcohol. The card was signed by each girl.

Now, my grandmother (once she lived here in the U.S. . . .), decided that if you only had "just a drop" of wine, it wasn't really "drinking". So every holiday when the family went to visit our grandparents, she would bring out these little cordial glasses, and pour in (multiple) "drops" of this (cheap, sweet wine--Mogen David, I think it was), and serve it to us. The little glasses were about 1/4 full. Then . . . she'd replenish her glass with a few more "drops" of wine, and so on, until she had herself, about 5 small cordial glasses with drops of wine . . . :joyfull: She made it clear to us kids, that she was not committing a sin, and would never break the pledge. :hilarious:

Oy. It was this kinda of brain washing and manipulation of children that makes me the Catholic that I am today.:cautious: But my grandparents were from Ireland also. Wonder if this is where the little cordial glasses for kids wine came from?

Gabe1

Are they burying the peanuts for next winter?

I've yet to figure out which neighbor is feeding the squirrels. Obviously overfeeding by the amount they are hiding. They are popping up my pansies I planted over the weekend and replacing them with peanuts. Neighbor anonymous is also giving them hunks of bread and cake. We have so many wild critters here and I'm only 2 blocks from the forest so feeding the squirrels is like feeding the whole lot of 'em. Annoying. I often find abandoned break hunks in my driveway. :cautious:

Gabe1

We have all decided to take it slower this trip. Son in law, hates the heat and humidity, and gets tired with a full day. DD has thyroid issues, and now gets more tired. The grandson's don't mind leaving the parks. They are saying that there isn't much for them to ride. We are going back to saratoga and play games, after dinner. We each have a couple free days in the park. I'm sure it will be a marathon day of riding for them those days. Son in law, likes to have time to do nothing, swim at the pool, or go for a drive. It's definitely changing this year. We'll see if this "new" plan will work.

We took long trips too back with the kids. We did try slower and relaxed one time, was our second trip of the year and during the 4th. It lasted 2 days. The beauty of the Disney and being busy with kids and family is you are too busy for the kids to start messing with each other or adults to have too much togetherness. I have to say after over a decade in the parks with at least one kid I was ready to let the two of them have a few hours on their own in the parks each day. They appreciated it and so did we.

Gabe1

No, no, no. Not "that a girl". It's more like - "atta gurrrrrrrllllllllll." One of my favorite sayings. I use it at least once a week.
;)

Me I always enjoyed That Girl!

images

Cesar R M

He was found unresponsive in an elevator this morning. His publicist confirmed that he had passed.

I'm too young to have been a fan like I'm sure many are, but I enjoyed his music. Doves Cry came on the radio this morning ironically. :(
I still wonder why he went back home.
I read in cnn that he was hospitalized.. then moved back to his home.. and now they say they found him in an elevator?

littleroo

I just got a note from the school. It seems because we didn't use snow days the boys only have 2 more full weeks of school and the each week until the end they have either a 1/2 or full day off. And just to top things off they get out before the pool opens:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
My kids are done before Memorial weekend this year!!! :arghh::arghh::arghh: Going to be a long summer!! I feel for you:facepalm::facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom